Keithemson

Complex PTSD and Mushrooms

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone, I recently discovered I have complex PTSD from childhood trauma, 

I want to add that I'm a life coach and my personal development level is quite high and since my discovery, I've gotten coaching by a therapist and learned how to control this in 4 weeks.

(If anyone needs help with this reach out)

Recently I've been experimenting with mushrooms Terrence McKenna style in the hopes of totally releasing this trauma.

I've been building up from quite low doses up to 2 grams (I was told my stuff is potent and I estimate it's equivalent to maybe 3 grams of normal potency) and have gone on a mild rip talking to different aspects of myself and accepting them into the fold, facing my death, etc... ? And, so far I have been a bit disappointed with the results as the insights I got have been great but not ego-shattering, not much fear realizing and so far no change with the PTSD.

I was hoping for the triggered flashbacks to stop. Not to sound ungrateful to the mushrooms all I got was clarity and emotional understandings lol which is amazing but at my level not that surprising or life-altering since I've already done a lot of work. I know It's just the beginning and my plan is to gradually increase the dose.

My question is, has anyone successfully treated themselves in this or a similar method?

My next stop is 3.5 grams in nature. Happy to update with a trip report if anyone's interested.

Thanks,

Simon.