Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Lucid Dreamer

Brian Greene’s take on consciousness

4 posts in this topic

After years of meditation, psychedelics, metaphysical contemplation and listening to teachers such as Leo, this video is like a comedy skit to me.  

His confidence in science being able to explain consciousness seems straight up delusional to me. Science will never explain it, could bet ya a million bucks on that.

1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

His confidence in science being able to explain consciousness seems straight up delusional to me. Science will never explain it, could bet ya a million bucks on that.

No it certainly is delusional.  This is just from sheer lack of metaphysical study and contemplation on his part, even though he says he’s “thought about this quite a lot”.  I mean I understand his thought process, because I’ve been there. I guess what’s sad to me is that he’s come this far and has lived this long without realizing the primacy of consciousness, and that he probably will never realize it.  His blatant dismissal of the mystical nature of consciousness surprised me just a little bit, because I always kind of thought of Brian Greene as one of the more open minded main stream scientists.  I stand corrected.