UnconsciousHuman

How To Increase Meditation Gains?

18 posts in this topic

I love the gains Im already getting, but they're just too slow. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

Strong Determination Sitting ;) 

2 hours... 3 times in a day...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

psychedelics....

Do it 24/7 not just 1 minute a day....

don't just meditate! Contemplate and meditate at the same time!

do a variation of practices and make cool combos.

Dehydrate yourself for a week every 3 months, while being in complete darkness and fasting + meditating (there's nothing wrong with brain damage, brain damage = meditation gains. Try that recontextualisation if brave enough). 

Follow your intuition.

increase creativity, empowerment. Work on things that aren't directly related. These things boost meditation. 

(haven't tried it) neurofeedback.

Doing sessions with qualified reiki healers and RASA transmitters. 

and the list goes on....

You can't jack up meditation. 

It needs patience. 

Don't be impatient while sitting 

Bring your body and mind into freeze mode and relax completely like nothing matters. 

Your need to get a quickie result can ruin the sitting. 

With practice you get used to being patient. Obviously it's hard in the beginning because your ego and mindset will resist. You might even feel like you are doing something silly. But with time you will develop your unique way of meditating suiting your time and needs. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

don't just meditate! Contemplate and meditate at the same time!

That's just lazy meditation; you have to separate the two.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Dehydrate yourself for a week every 3 months, while being in complete darkness and fasting + meditating (there's nothing wrong with brain damage, brain damage = meditation gains. Try that recontextualisation if brave enough). 

That's very dangerous advice that no-one should follow.  

@fridjonk Hey, at least try not to be dogmatic. Instead of blatantly spouting your dogmas. 

Everyone has a perspective, and thinks their perspective is the one and true perspective. You think combining meditation and contemplation is lazy, that's just your perspective, you think dehydration dangerous, that is also just your perspective. 

For some, your perspective will help them and mine wont, for others my perspective will help them and yours wont. It depends where we are on this journey. 

@electroBeam Dehydration should not be given as advice to newbies, you never know if someone just decides to act upon it and ends up killing themselves. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but that it's obviously a dangerous method and there are 100 better ways of going about it. 

Edited by fridjonk

7 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@electroBeam you never know if someone just decides to act upon it and ends up killing themselves.

Leo has spent 5 years now making videos on how to overcome the ego's survival mechanisms. Zen monks spend 40 years figuring out how to go meta on their survival. Don't worry, if this dude is a newbie, he will pussy out waaay before he gets close to death hshshahaha.

Where you do need to be careful giving advice is suicide - because suicide is actually a survival mechanism, and psychedelics - because once it's down the hatch there's no turning back.

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam

34 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

That's very dangerous advice that no-one should follow.  

hahahah

33 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@fridjonk Hey, at least try not to be dogmatic. Instead of blatantly spouting your dogmas. 

Everyone has a perspective, and thinks their perspective is the one and true perspective. You think combining meditation and contemplation is lazy, that's just your perspective, you think dehydration dangerous, that is also just your perspective. 

For some, your perspective will help them and mine wont, for others my perspective will help them and yours wont. It depends where we are on this journey. 

This is very true. Methods shouldn't be held back from people because It seems absurd or out of the norm. If a method works for one person it can work for another. Now that other might be rare to find but the method shouldn't be held back from being revealed to him. 

That being said, a warning after the dehydration method would have been a more cautious and mature way of giving that advice.

Thanks anyway for your input :) 

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

2 hours ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

I love the gains Im already getting, but they're just too slow. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

It’s so tricky, but the point is to let that thought go. If you can appreciate how sneaky a single thought believed can be....the point of the practice is to let go of stories “about you”. 

Rather than believe that the thought is about you, meditate and notice you’re aware of the thought.

A thought can never be about you, and be true.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 hours ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

Do strong determination sits

I was able to artificially boost my meditation gains by dosing L-Theanine beforehand. 

Of course (just like psychedelics) this method is unsustainable in the long term, but it does work. 

Edited by calibrate

3 hours ago, calibrate said:

I was able to artificially boost my meditation gains by dosing L-Theanine beforehand

@UnconsciousHuman this is also a good start! 

L-Thenine will help you! 

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

Meditation is more of an art form. It's not something like molding and sculpting your physique. Leo says a silent meditation retreat is like bootcamp for meditation. Try a 10 day silent meditation retreat. I haven't done one yet, but definitely on my list.