SickLuv

Why it seams to me that american don't have any humor

83 posts in this topic

@SickLuv could you elaborate on how trump is openlydishonest, that would be a very interesting view. because i can’t see the final twist where he is not holding a knife behind his back yet.

but who knows maybe it’s flowers.

Edited by remember

25 minutes ago, SickLuv said:

Besides, this is maybe why Trump is "winning", he says bullshit, but at least he go for it, people love honesty, it's a feeling that move people

Very insightful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

We have this here on the Balkans as well. Sometimes even the whole conversation can be made solely out of jokes. Some of them dark, dirty, homophobic, racist. People also speak very loudly, passionately and sharply, regardless of if there are jokes in there or not. Its almost if the conversation is not happening on verbal,technical,practical level... for the lack of words.... but more on a mood based level. People poke into other peoples moods by throwing jokes, friendly or invasive, depending on where do you want to get.

-Me and couple of friends even took this to a next level, where we could talk in an almost something like a code language made out of jokes, mixed with verbs and made up words, where insulting is a key component. Its extremely implicit, it even feels telepathic haha. We'love it, it feels like.... too much ...blotter paper.

Its funny when American or western/northern European friends come here.

They are always: Why is everyone arguing, is there something wrong, what happened, that guy insulted the other guy by throwing him a racist joke about him and he laughed like the he was given a compliment. Why did you make joke about his 21st ancestor ect ect. Its so funny how we communicate and use language in such a different way here.

I assume that from thousands of years of persians, greeks, romans, tatars, huns, mongols, normans, turks, italians, goths, saxons, maygars, scytians, slavs, thracians, illyrians, macedonians, epyrians....and so on.... screwing around here,  It is only natural that this kind of bounding and conflict avoidant mechanism would evolve.

I'love how Zizek touched upon this. He being from around here as well :)

Edited by Yog
Added a bit.

@Yog the video is very funny, this might work between friends - but on a certain level humor can also blur what really has to change and the seriousness of the situation. where is the line? where is the joke not a joke anymore? are our brains so soft washed that no one notices the massive historical crime case anymore. because we accept everything now and make the victims the ones who have to pay even after discovering the truth? because somehow victims destroy the fun of torturing them? 

Edited by remember

@remember  Yea, it can differently work with friends, even with strangers, if done correctly that is. I see it as more of a bounding and re-tribalization prevention trick. It has the lightness of heart, humor, slight detachment and playfulness build into it. Something you find very rarely when dealing with these fueled topics, like race,ethnicity or gender. When it comes to larger social change and dealing with these issues of power and oppression it is defiantly a whole other more complex ball game. But as something done in between regular joes, it can work, if the line is not crossed. And i believe it is crossed when ill intent comes into play, intended or projected. If done in a playful and exploratory manner it will have a bounding effect.

its a funny thing, it always makes me laugh..

There is a difference between someone finding humor in their own life's experiences and communicating that to others in jokes.

Then there is people demeaning and disparaging others and communicating that with cruel and insensitive jokes to make fun of them.

'It's just jokes' doesn't cover up the difference between those two.

3 hours ago, SOUL said:

'It's just jokes' doesn't cover up the difference between those two.

yes exactly. what is the difference between this identity and that identity? the difference is the threat of one identity to another. but some people’s identity is a threat to people’s right on self determinism, and in that a threat to their freedom. identity in a sense is a human right, but that also means it can’t be that one identity is more or less valued than another. there are historical identity thefts or threats to one identity which can’t be denied. every person has a right on untouched identity. what is not the case for a lot of people. right wing people try to blur the line exactly here, because it’s so difficult to put the difference in words. despite all historical facts.

maybe a good question would be what is part of the inalienable rights of ones identity - to threaten another one probably not.

i‘m sorry that i‘m using examples here which are very contradictory - but i also know that if i would not, there are not many who would. i hope these mirrorings are understood.

there is a difference between personal identity and cultural identity - the moment we take on cultural identity we also have to take on the identity of our cultures victims, if not we stay perpetrators (and in a lot of cases people go so much into denial, that they really then are actively again becoming perpetrators). it’s also the same the other way round but with muuuch much more psychological stress because the victim will reexperience the traumas more closely because of the direct reexperiencing of psychological stressors bound to the foundation of what we call race, gender, language, culture, psychological and physiological health interferences. 

Edited by remember

I would guess it's because the majority of Americans are success and results oriented (stage Orange), which require a lot of seriousness by definition.

I find especially in the younger people, like in college, they are locked in their shells of fear and most aren't able to express and develop their true sense of humor without the dread of being judged by their peers. Thats what it seems like to me at least. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I've known a bunch of Indian people here, born in India, who have been funny and lively. And then this one girl from Bangladesh who's completely deadpan, like she has the personality of a wet mop. No idea how her Indian-American husband manages with her. Anyway, India's a huge place and is becoming more and more globalized, so there's probably some cultural shift going on. I mean they have stuff like Hindi American Idol over there, so I'm sure it just varies on person, but I've never been to India. There's some bangin' food and really nice places over there though.

@Vladz0r you mean she’s so funny that there is Nothing left to be serious about - by referring to her as a wet mop?

Edited by remember

@Nahm @remember

-> just a fragment. Of course can't speak with the 'whole' inside my sentence. 

On 21/02/2020 at 3:14 AM, Vladz0r said:

@Soulbass ho yes exactly at this time for me aswell. But Dieudonné is a spécial case even our old gov call him out for month to be 'antisemitic'. Don't know about Michelle should check that ;)

Edited by SickLuv

@SickLuv well yeah the thing is humor if it’s overstepping certain boundaries can blur the lines so much that we don’t realize anymore anything about the transported content- let’s say the context is so off that the content , in that case nothin is overstepped.

the reason is that humor is to indirect, it’s just a bad joke. it’s like you would compare charly chaplin to hitler and then say - but look they are the same. imagine now hitler would have been a joking guy, what would have been the difference if his actions would have  been the same.

the difference would not have been that big - by the way, playing hitler was the only time when charly ever raised his voice.

- listen to the sound of silence. silently being watched.

Edited by remember

On 2/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Preety_India said:

There is nothing humorous about offending someone's cultural identity.. It's something that people who have low values will do. 

Actually it's extremely humorous from a higher perspective. 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Preety_India said:

Good people don't like offending others even in joke. 

What you think you're doing is defining the action "offending others even in a joke" as "not good," as if it were an absolute moral code. But because "good" is completely relative to one's individual experience and culture, what you're really doing is defining your relative version of "good" as a specific action, further cementing yourself in your own delusion. 

Your inability to see other ways of interpreting morality stems from your rigidness, rather, the rigidness of your culture. Those aren't "your" beliefs; they were fed to you by Indian culture. If you read this thread with an open mind, you'd realize that other cultures have a different moral code. It's relative! Why are you so offended? Did we personally hurt you? No not at all, you've IDENTIFIED as your culture, so you feel like you have to speak for all Indians. You are unable to see the general trends of "humor" and openmindnedess resulting from stages of development in society, and to remove that from cultural bias. You are the case in point of this thread. 

Absolutely no one here is racist towards Indians, nor making stereotypes. That was your projection due to a strong stage Blue cultural identification. Of course, if what I'm saying is true, that means you won't be able to see the bigger context or your own cultural biases, so the only proper response to my words would be to get offended. I'M NOT ATTACKING OR JUDGING YOU OR YOUR CULTURE THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I heard Indians need it very literal ;) (joke).

Having a more "literal" culture rather than a "humorous" one is not "bad" in my eyes, that would be your projection onto me using your own moral system. Broad observations on cultural development (this thread) is not judgment or racism. Get the picture?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Sarcasm = Soul Murder...here is a great article I found:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-well/201206/think-sarcasm-is-funny-think-again

Sarcasm..to convey mock or contempt.  I've also heard it defined as cruely humours with the intention of undermining someone else's self esteem.

You can tiptoe around that all you want and live in denial about the "oh I was just kidding" but those thoughts didn't just fall out of the sky.

I used to be this way and I used to lie too and say, "oh but I'm just kidding" but deep down inside, I was never kidding.

I was a monster.

I also accept that other people are not at that point in their own personal journey, and I have even been known to laugh if something is funny to me, but it's soul murder.  It's not acceptable for me personally.  I won't personally do it to someone ever again.  It an earmark of someone who isn't secure with themselves.  It's the undertones of a bully who enjoys poking fun at people so they can get a little "rush" out of it.

If you don't agree with me, I don't care...you can go argue with the dictionary.

Peace and Love!

Robert Leavitt

no, no! this whole thread is not about a little rush!

this whole thread is about something much much deeper. 

it is not even about race and i want to try to create an overarching bridge with this here, apologize to the people of the african continent and darker skin tone - who might have been offended, this is about a mirror where skintone and such does not play the main role because we are literally equally victims of this crime because who stands in the mirror to eve is a white woman with a black t. she is not different in the eye of the watcher there is no difference at all in her being victimized by people playing all of this down. we are equal. in this case it’s black tea - it’s healing skin problems literally. in case of neurodermitis for example. it says for goodness sake - wake up!

it‘s your daughters your wifes, your bodies - what will you tell them in the future when they‘ll ask you why you did not show up?

this goes to the bcc wankers. for the best brewed black tea.

Edited by remember

There's a time to be serious, but there's even more time to be laughing! To live a life of seriousness all the time makes the soul weary.

The line between comedy and tragedy is extremely thin. The same thing that would make you cry your heart out could also make you laugh your head off. It's all about perspective. There's nothing you can't joke about, because when you do, you let go. Laughter is an amazing way to maintain happiness. Leo once made a video about listing out your Top 10 Things You Love About Life. Laughter would definitely be near the top of my list. 

Edited by EternalForest

wait, not over yet. have another one for all of you to read for breakfast.

did i tell, it’s a two peaked mountain yet?

has been a while since we had to put that into our own tea.

but what to do, children are also just humans.

Edited by remember

American culture requires a lot of tolerance to bullshit and fakness. It's perfectly logical that lot of Americans are bunch of snowflakes that love to make up ridiculous problems like cultural appropriation, toxic masculinity etc. 

When you can't complain about the real issue that's bottering you, your subconscious still have to find an outlet for that.