Red-White-Light

Why I gave up Phycedelics

22 posts in this topic

@Red-White-Light  Let's use the apt analogy in the quote. "Giving up on psychedelics" is akin to the biologist giving up on the microscope and his electronic scale accurate to 1/10,000 of a gram. How do you think his career will go after that decision? Psychedelics are technology for unlocking consciousness. Like, it's quite absurd that you're using this quote to justify giving up your tools. Do you think "hang up the phone" means a lifetime of abstinence? No, it means what it says, you go back to your daily life and integrate, write your field notes and such... But then you come back if you want to continue your "career." And of course you don't have to. Not everyone is meant to keep going deeper and deeper. But these are the tools the modern-day scientist (shaman) uses to explore consciousness. Taking a Zen path of meditation and yoga only is like insisting on writing a book using dark-ages technology. Before the printing press. It's excruciating work to get to the same result. Did you want to write all your college essays with an ink and quill? Did you want to spend years of your life mastering the art of caligraphy when you could have used a fucking laptop with Grammarly? Be my guest; it's your choice.

Please don't misunderstand me. If you want to be a good student, you have to be able to write by hand and take good notes, which means that a laptop isn't a cure-all or a cover-up for anything. It is a NECESSARY TOOL. An extension of yourself. If you want to be a good scientist, you have to have a broad knowledge of all topics at hand. A microscope doesn't make the scientist. A scientist must know how to use the microscope and how to relate what he's seeing to the natural world around him. It is a NECESSARY TOOL. An extension of yourself.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@VeganAwake yes agree. You can literally empirically verify for yourself that everything any guru or sage has ever said is wrong, and is right. Each piece of advice is a like a double sided coin which is half right, half wrong, and is right and wrong at the same time, just depends what you've experienced and what chapter you're in. 

Yeah totally you can stumble on the truth while studying fallacy, and discover fallacies in the truth.

Then it's like s*** these things are the same haha....(ONENESS) ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi