Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Endangered-EGO

Leos most important insight for those seeking enlightenment: "ESCAPE"

17 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I had a realisation Leo told in his videos all the way back for years. It doesn't matter if you take psychedelics or meditate or do self inquiery.

I meditated and did self inquery as an ESCAPE from reality, but enlightenment-work is the OPPOSITE of escaping reality. Its basically a tool for facing reality faster.

Escaping reality creates attachements to the meditative experiences and to the psychedelic experiences. If that works for you and you already saw some things, while using it as an escape, reality WILL eventually hit you in the face and then you will have no other choice but to face it.

The second I decided to counter-intuitively do Self-inquiry on the "soul-pain". Infinity showed up and took away all my fears for a few days.

I believe that a lot of you guys are/were in the same situation as me, and turning around in circles because of the fact that we escape from something. That something might be the breakthrough for a spiritual experience.

Seems like the Mind becomes a runaway train of thought after a while.

Meditation helps to calm the Whirlwind and pathological thinking that actually distracts us from living in reality....❤

If I would have known early on in my life how powerful meditation was I would have started it when I was 12 haha....?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The greatest mind-fuck is that there's no difference between 'facing reality' and 'escaping reality'.

What is 'facing reality' at one level of consciousness is 'escaping reality' at another;

what is 'escaping reality' at one level of consciousness is 'facing reality' at another.

In both cases, you simply need to see the Reality in it.

Yea, this clicked with me in a post he wrote somewhere recently.

The escape hatch leads.... right ....back here.
Wo..w.. hahah, yes! haha..haha

Edited by Yog

12 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Javfly33 A distraction from the pain/suffering. 

@Endangered-EGO That's tricky. Wouldn't you say that for example going to a therapist is a distraction or "escape" from the pain and suffering?

However it might just do the opposite. Discover some roads to actually face the pain/suffering and transcend it.

Spirituality can be the same thing. For example you start doing meditation because you want to escape suffering, however in the process you discover that somedays meditating and stay mindful actually is being very real with life, not in an avoidance state.

At the end there's never, ever, a escape from suffering or pain, I feel. Only ways to delay it.

@Javfly33  Distraction from Pain in contrast to focus on pain. Every time something comes up, I focus on it. It makes a huge difference.

If you aren’t taking care of your responsibilities in life, they will catch up to you. It’s important to confront life’s challenges, not try to escape them. You need to clean up your life if it’s messy with loose ends, otherwise you mind and mental energy will always be leaking out and worrying about all those issues. And if you somehow get to a point where you have shut down all those worries (which were actually trying to help you fix them), then eventually, as you said, life will come slap you in the face.

The thing about such things is, the more we try to forget them or ignore them or not pay attention to them, or divert attention away from them, the larger they grow in our minds. A relatively easy problem to solve becomes a huge looming dark cloud which gives you existential terror, which you also try to escape from. Instead, look the problem in the face, break it into smaller easier to achieve steps, and focus on one step at a time. Don’t try to solve everything at once, as you will freak yourself out and cower in fear. Instead, spend 5 minutes to sit down, and think about the problem, look at it, tell yourself, ok I’m going to sit down for 5 minutes and think about this problem and work out what needs to be done. Write down what needs to be done, and work out if anything needs to be done first. Then, if you have time, either start focusing on the list and work through it, or, if you are busy and work and have little time to solve such things, at lunch time each day, look at your list and pick one thing you are going to try to solve. Once you solve that thing, cross it off, and give yourself a pat on the back. Continue to do this till your problems are solved. 

If you notice that you are avoiding the list, come back to this post and read it again. Likely you have some habit you do to avoid things you don’t want to do, So notice when you are doing that thing, then, use that to remind you that you are self sabotaging and your problems only grow when you avoid them.

start using the to do list on your phone, and get in the habit of adding to the list when you think of something which needs to be done, and checking the list every morning to have an idea of what you need to do that day. Counterintuitively, the more you focus on the things you need to do, the less anxiety you will feel over these issues, because you are using different brain circuits which are involved in attacking problems rather than running (anxiety producing circuits). 

once your life is relatively free of worry, get in the habit of facing problems head on. Eventually there will be no fear or avoidance behaviour, you will have conquered your avoidance habits and taken back control. Then you should focus on either self actualising and self realising.

Edited by Spaceofawareness
Aadded

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Javfly33  Distraction from Pain in contrast to focus on pain. Every time something comes up, I focus on it. It makes a huge difference.

Interesting. I like your approach. I think you´re into something interesting.

I don´t have the balls yet to do that. I still think that pain is bad. 

Just meditate as you go on the journey of life. Dont expect enlightenment if you dont have your worldy affairs in order, but simply meditate to give yourself leeway for self mastery in your life. Your meditation will grow as you yourself grow. This is why its so important to inherently enjoy the process of meditation. I despise the fact that psychedelics are more popular than sustainable technologies like EEG machines. People need to get their worldly priorities in order before they get hit in the face with mystical states

Edited by calibrate

3 minutes ago, calibrate said:

Just meditate as you go on the journey of life. Dont expect enlightenment if you dont have your worldy affairs in order, but simply meditate to give yourself leeway for self mastery in your life. Your meditation will grow as you yourself grow. This is why its so important to inherently enjoy the process of meditation. I despise the fact that psychedelics are more popular than sustainable technologies like EEG machines. People need to get their priorities in order

Well said sir and welcome to the forum!  I've not seen your posts before.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well said sir and welcome to the forum!  I've not seen your posts before.

Thank you :)