moon777light

Jedi inspired personal development channel

14 posts in this topic

Last week the Guardian made an article about "real jedis" of today, where they interviewed people who identify as jedis. (yes the ones from star wars). One of them is a meditation/buddhist teacher called Jay H Templey and she has a youtube channel based on raising your consciousness and its themed around the fictional jedi figure. In case theres any star wars fans here you might like her:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCywlSnenSp4WsynhfQoH0uQ/videos

This is the link to the guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/you-have-to-face-the-darkness-within-you-meet-the-real-life-jedi-knights

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to check those videos. Looks interesting. 

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Talk about spiritual ego.

"Jedi" is just another identity/attachment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Talk about spiritual ego.

"Jedi" is just another identity/attachment.

A true Jedi knows that lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Jedi =  No self 

?

@abrakamowse awesome! Tell me what you think of her later :D

@Leo Gura i dont think she literally thinks shes a jedi, i feel like shes doing it for the aesthetic/marketing and to attract more viewers. In reality she studys indian spiritual texts, buddhist, taoist, and combines with western spirituality. Its not easy to find channels that have a more holistic approach

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

@Leo Gura i dont think she literally thinks shes a jedi, i feel like shes doing it for the aesthetic/marketing and to attract more viewers. In reality she studys indian spiritual texts, buddhist, taoist, and combines with western spirituality. Its not easy to find channels that have a more holistic approach

I get that, but the people she lures in with that marketing ploy will start to create that identity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, moon777light said:

@abrakamowse awesome! Tell me what you think of her later :D

Cool. I let you know. ?

54 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

@Leo Gura It's too late to resist now Leo. Join us. Join the dark side of the force.

Lmao! 

On 02/03/2020 at 9:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

I get that, but the people she lures in with that marketing ploy will start to create that identity.

It's something I like about Actualized.org - there is just nothing to build a coherent spiritual identity from.

You can't become an actualizer or a Leo Gurian - The teaching is so high level that you can't just limit it to some concrete elements.

In a sense, you managed to make us inherently less ideological about our development.