dude

Pimping Oneself, Throwing Books At Life

7 posts in this topic

Current Stage: Orange.

Impact Statement: Create applications that re-align people with their deepest truths.

Top 3 Value's:   1. Courage   2. Personal Growth   3. Independence.

I intend to make my life a living heaven by raising my ego to full potential. Currently 18 year's old and studying to become a programmer. I'm almost done with my first year so I got three more to go. But you can forget all that, because after I raised my ego I intend to drop it and stab it.

In this journal there will be monthly periods where I am going to grab a concept out of a book and study it, observe it, and record it. This way I won't just be going around sucking up every little peace of information I can get my hands on but I will actually think deeply about one particular topic and limit myself to other information. Because there are all type's of mental masturbation techniques being used at the moment. By creating this content I will be dragged out of consumerism into the creator role.

To grasp all the good stuff just read the BOLD text, this way your time is not wasted.

Edited by dude
Language

The Introduction Of Highly Effective People 

The book I will be internalizing in the coming months is: The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey. For the remainder of this month I am talking about the introduction of this book. There are several big concepts that are covered here. I will dive deep and apply them to my own life.

Character vs Strategies = Foundation vs Building

The first big concept introduced in the book is character building. This is a very interesting statement that I have found true in my own life. I always wanted to be a "cool guy". So I tried to show every body that I had humor and value but while doing this my character was flawed. In the long run I did not get good result, they saw that I just wanted to be cool and as a result they just made fun of me. You can not fake something endlessly, it's only a matter of time before they see the real you. So tactics and strategies can work and are very important but these are only secondary. They can work in the short term, but without a good foundation they are of little use.

You Reap What You Sow

"Did you ever consider how ridiculous it would be to try to cram on a farm. To forget to plant in the spring, play all summer and then cram in the fall to bring in the harvest?" - Stephen R. Covey

This is a law of nature, without the sowing you can't reap. With the mastery process you can take shortcut's but this will not result in success in the long-term. You will backslide and it will do more harm than good. Someone with a good character but bad skills does not reap the full benefit. But the effects are still secondary.

"What we are communicates far more eloquently than anything we say or do." - Stephen R. Covey

Keep this in mind: building on a weak foundation is like watering plants that aren't even sown. You put in the time and effort but in the long run you don't get results.

Connecting The Dots ...

The application in my life will be the relationship with my mother. By concentrating on the things that I can do for her I will improve the relationship. The knowledge I will use for this change is some principles from the book The Way Of The Superior Man. (I currently think my mom is annoying and beggy.)

-The Dude

Maps And Paradigms

paradigms are your "maps" the way you see reality. You act on these maps. when you try to change your behaviours without changing you map you will experience a "frame snapback". Because every time you do someting that is not aligned with your map the behavior will not stick. you do the action but deep inside you'r like no you dont do that.

The Aha!

A aha! moment is the experience of a change in your map. You suddenly see a aspect of life in a different way. When you have this change in seeing the world and you stay conscious and keep it. It will slowly seep into your unconscious, and your actions will slowly change.

Leo At Play

The last video from Leo is very interesting because you self generate aha! moments. if you shine your awareness long enough on a aspect you get a better map. you get closer and closer to reality. Then at some point you get a aha moment and your behaviour follows. This needs openmidedness and contiousness.

Connecting The Dots ...

Hahahaha,

" I currently think my mom is anoying and beggy." - The Dude

I clearly got the wrong map here. Maybe I should try to see through my mothers eye. Try to understand why she does what she does. Emphasize more and communicate contentious with what she is trying to achieve and how I interpret it.

- The Dude

Edited by dude

Inside-Out

Living from the inside-out is something not a lot of people do. But it is essential for long-term growth. There is never a solution on the outside, you may think there is but when you finally have it you'r just as sad or broken as you was before.

Maps And Territory's

This is where I introduce the maps back in the game. Maps are only maps, they are not the territory. A map of a city is not the city itself, when you have the map of New York and try to use it when you'r in LA it won't work. The maps in your mind are the same, they are interpretations of reality not reality itself. When you have a problem in reality it stems from a problem in your map. To change your map you have to create a aha! moment. (Spoken about in the previous post.)

Connecting The Dots ...

I need to make a system for changing habits. So I can create different view's of the problem and evolve over the problem. I will be working on this in the future.

- The Dude

Habits

A system for making habits is essential to your growth. Without any consistency you won't go far, that's why I need a system. At the core of my system are the 3 aspects the book entails: Knowledge (what to, why to), Skill (how to), Desire (want to). Before creating a effective habit I must cultivate these three things. The hardest aspect here is desire, a lot of times we know we shouldn't be doing something but we still do it. I think that's were awareness comes into play. When you are completely aware of something while you do it than if it's bad your body will automatically not have the desire. But if you are on autopilot you will just follow your lower desires and do the things your higher-self doesn't want.

Trigger, Action, Reward

From a book I listened to a while back I know that habits also consist of: a trigger, a action and a reward. I can also incorporate this to make extra strong habits. So I can hard-wire the habits into my brain.

Connecting The Dots ...

I need to create a system to act upon these rules of habits. See the next post >>>

- The Dude

Habit Template

I made a system! It's a habit template that you can fill out. For every habit from now on I'm going to use this template. 

Habit Template 2.pdf

What Is What

• Name: It's the name.
  • Trigger: What trigger's this habit? (It could be a thought, smell, sight etc... ).
  • Action: What do you do?
  • Reward: What do you get when your done?
  • Skill: How do you plan on doing this habit, what skills are involved?
  • Knowledge: Why should I do this, What will this give me?
  • How will my life look in 5 years if I do this. (Best Case Scenario): << Well exactly that.
  • How will my life look in 5 years if I don’t do this. (Worst Case Scenario): << Well exactly that.
  • High Frame: If your in your higher self what do think about this habit?
  • Middle Frame: If your in your Middle self what do think about this habit?
  • Lower Frame: If your in your Lower self what do think about this habit?
  • On the back write all the positive and negative things you get out of this habit: Make two lists on the back "good" and "bad" or use a Mind Map.
  • Read this every morning and vision doing the habit with a emotional underlying to put it in your subconscious.

Connecting The Dots ...

I will use this for every habit I make from now on.

- The Dude

Meditation

Name: Meditation

• Trigger: activate timer, sitting on the bed
  • Action: Do nothing, strong determination
  • Reward: feel happy and in the moment

• Skill: Eyes open, crossleggid so you don't fall asleep. Do not move and just do nothing.
  • Knowledge: It has A LOT of benefits but the main one is raising awareness so growth can occur

How will my life look in 5 years if I do this. (Best Case Scenario): High degree of enlightenment so everything I do is in line with life. loving life, massive amounts of happiness. Growth in profound ways in every aspect of life. So a job I love, happiness with or without great partner. Great socially and intimately.

How will my life look in 5 years if I don’t do this. (Worst Case Scenario): Stagneted, I did not grow and became depressed. crap job, always anxtious. Live in my mind fantasize about life: depersonalized.

• High Frame: better contribution
  • Middle Frame: sustained happiness stable
  • Lower Frame: more happiness, money, women, everything is just better