Ibn Sina

Why are enlightened people not associated with entertainers?

26 posts in this topic

I have a  friend of mine who is a constant entertainer ( makes continuos effort to make people laugh, get himself on the spot light basically).
While I kind of dislike such spot light. It's not that I can't make people laugh and get myself on the spot light ( the evidence is me entertaining people in parties etc when I am in the mood for having fun), it's that I don't make the effort and I seriously don't like the continuos desire to get myself on the spot light, like many people do (ESFP, ESTPs etc). They continuosly make an effort to create entertainment out of the smallest of things, which I find nuisance, the present moment, without any sort of distractions, pure silence, that is blissful enough then all the noise that they are making.

I feel that these people are  as unspiritual as one can get. One of my friend said- "Our culture itself is such that, if you say you like white, then someone else must contradict you and  tell you that you are wrong , and that black is better then white"
I say to him " I can tell you, that there are at least 5%  people in this world who are not at all like that". He says "May be".

I look at Eckhart Tolle, Buddha, Osho, Krishnamurti etc, almost none of them are continuos entertainers and noise makers. They are silence lovers.

May be there are spiritual people who are continuos noise makers, but I don't see much. I think most developed spiritual people are boring from a ESXX / ENXX point of view, which is something I find admirable.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

4 minutes ago, Ibn Sina said:

I have a  friend of mine who is a constant entertainer ( makes continuos effort to make people laugh, get himself on the spot light basically).
While I kind of dislike such spot light. It's not that I can't make people laugh and get myself on the spot light ( the evidence is me entertaining people in parties etc when I am in the mood for having fun), it's that I don't make the effort and I seriously don't like the continuos desire to get myself on the spot light, like many people do (ESFP, ESTPs etc). They continuosly make an effort to create entertainment out of the smallest of things, which I find nuisance, the present moment, without any sort of distractions, pure silence, that is blissful enough then all the noise that they are making.

I feel that these people are  as unspiritual as one can get. One of my friend said- "Our culture itself is such that, if you say you like white, then someone else must contradict you and  tell you that you are wrong , and that black is better then white"
I say to him " I can tell you, that there are at least 5%  people in this world who are not at all like that". He says "May be".

I look at Eckhart Tolle, Buddha, Osho, Krishnamurti etc, almost none of them are continuos entertainers and noise makers. They are silence lovers.

May be there are spiritual people who are continuos noise makers, but I don't see much. I think most developed spiritual people are boring from a ESXX / ENXX point of view, which is something I find admirable.

Hey Sina, this is a great question and touches on one of the greatest imbalances plaguing this planet.

There tend to be two general forces in life, the divine feminine and the divine masculine.
The divine masculine is all about the non-dual meditation, Zen Buddhists, silence retreats self-enquiry and such. 
The divine feminine is the force of emotion, healing, it's the inner artist and the innocence of every heart. It is the entertainer.

It tends to be the case that the majority of people lean more towards the masculine energy, finding themselves repressing the divine feminine qualities within them, and generally looking towards spirituality in the same fashion. While the realization of non-dual consciousness, that many spiritual teachers talk about, is very real, until it is tempered with the divine feminine it will ultimately be incredibly impractical, rigid and perpetuating avoidance and the denial of personal agency and autonomy. In a sense, it is a rather manipulative way (while likely unintentional) to go about life.

At the same time the artists who lack the discipline and groundedness of the divine masculine, might find themselves lost in codependency and people-pleasing, and generally struggle to bring their inspired ideas into actualization.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Ibn Sina In your love, rather than judgment for him, there’s no problem at all. Look at Eckart Tolle and Jim Carrey. Even just Jim Carrey, fantastic example. The silence and the noise are the same. We are all each other‘s entertainment, there’s no use denying it. Even the denial of this, is entertaining to some.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Enlightened people are constantly entertained by the present moment :) 

Depends on what type of entertainment you are talking about. When a person is fully being themself and expressing in the moment that can be entertaining for them and others and that's quite beautiful, like seeing life happen in front of your eyes.

When you become an entertainer you try to create an illusion of something real to amuse someone which can be flashy but ultimately fake. That's why most of mainstream entertainment has little to no value at all.

For example often when child play or do something random adult will notice that and tell them to repeat for their amusement or to show off to their friends but that's just trying to repeat unique moment that will never happen again and polluting child's innocence.

Why be a dancing monkey when you could be God?

It takes seriousness is deeply awaken.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ibn Sina I may be wrong, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like you're doing the same thing as what your friend said 95% of the people in this world do. Realize that there is no difference between Eckhart Tolle and your friend. Both are aspects of God. Instead of treating them as "those people", see them for what they are. They are You. Jesus said, "If you, then, though you are evil (ego), know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father (True self) in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you..." You see what I'm saying here? Don't create a dualism between people who accept non-dualism and "those people" who don't accept or haven't heard about non-dualism. Don't judge how you think an extroverted person practices spirituality. Because it does not matter! Act on love. 

To answer your question though, look up the Jim Carrey videos that Eckhart Tolle has on his YouTube channel. 

Again, I could be misenterpreting what you're saying, but either way, it's food for thought. Have a great day!

55 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Ibn Sina Are you jealous of your friend?

No.

I have had more social success than him ( no. of girls liking me >  no. of girls liking him), due to various factors which I don't want to write here.

He is  annoying and  there are people who dislike him. 

I am jealous of people like- Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes etc but it's a mixture of jealousy and admiration . My friend is not a hot type. And I actually like my friend, instead of jealousy. 

You don't have to be a joker to be attractive.

Just for curiousity, I would like to know which part made you think that I might be jealous? Overall post or a specific sentence?

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

On 2/20/2020 at 1:38 AM, Depersonilized said:

I may be wrong, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like you're doing the same thing as what your friend said 95% of the people in this world do.

The way he meant was-

If you say you like white ( or may be he says , sun rises from the east,

then the other person must try to contradict him. Such is the 'culture'. And also my observation of most people I meet (yesterday I said to one of my friend- Hey, new glassses.. , and that said, the drama started)

I am not doing that.

And that is why I am 'boring'. 

Edited by Ibn Sina

@Ibn Sina I understand now. People like to be the contrarian. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but I think the more developed someone is, the more they can criticize in a constructive and positive manner. I think you should be an anchor for your friend to bring him down to Earth. Tell him how you feel. Whether he tries to be contrary to how you think about him or not, it would still be helpful to see that perspective. Thanks for the response. 

Yesterday something serious happened to me and today I laughed about it. It's not about personality, or right or wrong, it's just a perspective. Awakening is serious, profound and also hilarious. How could the experience of realizing no opposites be otherwise?   

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 2/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, Leo Gura said:

Why be a dancing monkey when you could be God?

It takes seriousness is deeply awaken.

While making such remark, you are trying to say that one thing is better than the other, when in fact both things are a creation of God and are both his "children", and it is like asking which of your child is your favorite.

I think You too said in one of your recent videos, that for God gold is not more valuable than shit and etc, however, You are assuming here that a dancing monkey is something that should be used a comparison to God in a derogatory sense when in fact it is another aspect of God, if God didn't even imagine a possibility of a dancing monkey existing, it wouldn't even exist, but because it exists we can conclude that it is too a part of God. 

You, don't forget a crucial thing, people ARE different, its not surprising that if someone likes to make people laugh others might not enjoy that. 

And it might most probably be a false generalization to assume that ALL enlightened people are a certain way and non-enlightened people are a certain way. 

Edited by WHO IS

On 2/23/2020 at 3:27 AM, LoveandPurpose said:

@Ibn Sina Overall vibe.

Why are you jealous of JB/Shawn Mendes?

Jealousy comes from the feeling that another person is superior than me/you, which of course is a distortion, that is why  I am not fully enlightened. 
It is a battle between the egoic self and the non-egoic self.
I don't perceive my friends as superior than me just because he is able to make other people laugh, reasons I have stated already.
I sometimes percieve (falsely) that JB/Shawn Mendes are superior than me.
Of course, it's a distortion of perception.
We are all the same. We are  all one.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:44 AM, WHO IS said:

You, don't forget a crucial thing, people ARE different, its not surprising that if someone likes to make people laugh others might not enjoy that. 

And it might most probably be a false generalization to assume that ALL enlightened people are a certain way and non-enlightened people are a certain way. 

I have not forgotten that.

I only asked a question , wanting to know what other people have to say about it.

And you gave your opinion, for which I can say thank you. 

I am just collecting data on what people have to say about this.

4 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

How do you know that?

I have had experiences of oneness. I have known  God , but the mind still clouds my judgement so still I tend to think I am this body with a certain self with certain desires feeling that I am better or worse then then others which causes so much suffering. It's  a continuos battle.

Edited by Ibn Sina