Sizeable Oof

What's the fastest way to go through the looking glass with no psychedelics?

59 posts in this topic

Leo, I really want to know what's the fastest, most direct way to experience that "wackiness" of like you're talking about.

You always say there's stuff you don't share cause we, the audience, are "not open-minded enough". Could you please share them? :D:D I promise not to judge.

I'm actually interested in the weird, unusual, wacky aspects of consciousness and I want to access them.

Thing is, I can't do psychedelics. Medical  reasons you could say.

Most powerful technique for me is self enquiry and compare concepts with your actual hand. 

Although, Leo said that getting enlightened without psychedelics is like climbing mount Everest by shuffling up it on your belly. Fuck that

If you're able to- Work 1-1 with a teacher and receive Transmissions. 

Ramana Maharshi- “Silence is truth. Silence is bliss. Silence is peace. And hence Silence is the Self.”

Read this- http://nomindsland.blogspot.com/2016/06/sri-ramana-maharshi-silence-is-most.html 

Silence is and always has been the highest teaching. Words are amazing when necessary, but eventually all concepts must be let go. 

Self Inquiry was 'invented' by Ramana Maharshi for those not ready for the power of silence, to help them get to that silence and rest there, in the stillness you will then find God/ Absolute/ The Self. 

Transmissions from an awakened being could be compared to this silence on steroids, it's a bit of a shit analogy but I can't think of a better one! 

And, just to add once you arrive at the ultimate silence, then thoughts, feelings, the play of life ceases to have the same effects it had on you before as you are no longer identified with it. 

So, you will still have thoughts, emotions, things happen etc, but these will be felt, thought, lived in the now and then pass through you, the resistance and 'stickiness' is what changes. 

You could then say Non-Duality and Duality merge in one 'explosion' and the rest in this peace is beyond beautiful. 

Edited by LfcCharlie4

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Research the direct path. Rupert spira talks about that for example 

If you want a tool that shows you this "wackiness" fast, without any kind of prior practice then I guess the best alternative to psychedelics is shamanic breathing. Lie down, do the technique for 2-4 hours and you are pretty much guaranteed to have a psychedelic-like experience. So you could potentially have it in 3 hours but practically speaking you need a lot of time to build up to that duration, but you could in 3h if you were very eager. Besides that, sensory deprivation tank or whole body orgasms (if you are a woman, otherwise it will require a lot of practice) but they don't come close to psychedelics.

If you are fine with waiting some months, then I would recommend RASA transmissions, they can get you to the 10th Ox-herding picture (and are perhaps the most effective and reliable way to get you there) , but are most likely without peak experiences. And you can look into lucid dreaming. In lucid dreams you can take psychedelics too and you can definitely take them there no matter your medical condition (except obviously if its a kinda psychological condition which doesn't allow such peak experiences in general).

And if you are willing to spend a lot of time you can do meditative techniques (meditation, kriya/kundalini yoga, self-inquiry, concentration,....) but they are usually the most time inefficient. (the sensory deprivation tank and whole body orgasms might be very inefficient too though).

Dry fasts, the law of attraction, mantras and prayers can support your journey, but are very ineffective on their own.

My favourites are RASA, lucid dreams and psychedelics.

Edited by GreenWoods

Abraham Hicks, study the law of attraction. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Sizeable Oof You aren't going to experience much wackiness without altering your brain chemistry.

Astral projection would proabably be the closest. But there's just no substitute for what a psychedelic can do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is risk taking is one of the most important components of this work (and life)?

I say it’s very important, it is part of being open minded and really it’s part of living. Life is inherently unknown and mysterious. All our predictions are coming from the past.

But the question remains how can we differentiate between calculated risk and risk. We can’t. It’s a duality and there is no clear line.

If you’re open minded enough there are no “risks”. In a sense open mindedness takes the “risk” away from risk because then you truly don’t know whether things have gone “bad”. Saying things have gone “bad” is itself a judgement.

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

10 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura Is risk taking is one of the most important components of this work (and life)?

I say it’s very important, it is part of being open minded and really it’s part of living. Life is inherently unknown and mysterious. All our predictions are coming from the past.

But the question remains how can we differentiate between calculated risk and risk. We can’t. It’s a duality and there is no clear line.

If you’re open minded enough there are no “risks”. In a sense open mindedness takes the “risk” away from risk because then you truly don’t know whether things have gone “bad”. Saying things have gone “bad” is itself a judgement.

What is the risk here? Quite minimal. It's not like you're being asked to jump out of a plane.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Sizeable Oof I'm sorry to ask, but what is the reason you cannot do psychedelics? If it's a family history of mental illness or your experience of prior mental illness that you currently take medication for, definitely do not do psychedelics or anything that might take you into that kind of territory. It would be okay to do contemplation, self-inquiry, etc. If this is the case, I'm sorry about that. You can still get there though. Try lucid dreaming or something like that. I personally like to do something called WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming). It usually takes practice, but you can still get there. I accidentally figured out how to do this but with my eyes open, so it turns into a psychedelic-like experience. It might not be the case for something like that for you though unless you have done psychedelics before. Hope this helps!

Edit: Fixed grammar

Edited by Depersonilized
Fixed grammar (changed period to question mark)

Probably being immersed a dark room for multiple days with long periods of fasting and then coming out to experience nature could "twist the knobs" akin to what a psychedelic could do. 

Extremely impractical though if you could even have the logistical means in your life to allow for this. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

2 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Probably being immersed a dark room for multiple days with long periods of fasting and then coming out to experience nature could "twist the knobs" akin to what a psychedelic could do. 

Extremely impractical though if you could even have the logistical means in your life to allow for this. 

Have you tried this man ? I am quite interested about it and there is so little information.

Read that it would take about 7-10 days of buildup and only after that you can get some serious release and tripping. If you give up before it you'll get very little to no effect. Probably read it in Rick Strastmans - "The Spirit Molecule" book, but not sure.

Edited by Yog

I can´t believe nobody has recommended yet Fasting 3-4 days + Pranayamas (breathing/meditation exercises of Yoga, particularly I find very powerful Kundalini Yoga)

Strongest method I´ve tried after psychedelics.

Controversial, but I've dehydrated myself and its ALMOST as powerful as psychedelics. Don't drink water for a week, you will start to see DMT machine elves. 

Dehydrate yourself while being conscious or doing kriya yoga. 

and fast at the same time.

Edited by electroBeam

@Sizeable Oof You might consider, rather than how fast you can get somewhere, how did you get, here? You already went through the looking glass, but it’s such a mind bender, that you don’t even realize you did. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE