Hansu

What is tiredness?

6 posts in this topic

I slept terribly last night, so now Im tired.

Now its hard to start tasks that are productive.
Im constantly craving quick shots of pleasure and releases of dopamine, so Im scrolling through crappy websites like Reddit and 9gag
I can do robotic tasks at work just fine, but everything that requires thinking are harder to start and to do.

What is tiredness? Why does it make me crave quick dopamine while making me unmotivated to do tasks that require thinking? Why does it lower my willpower?

Why do I have energy to unravel the mystery that is tiredness but no energy to figure out mysteries I have clear understanding and plans of? Why am I, right at this moment, getting more energy when I think about tiredness and try to unravel its mystery? Why am I motivated to unravel new mysteries but not work on old ones?

Am I like this because I want to be like this when Im tired? Does tiredness actually have nothing to do with motivation and energy? Is it just a state of mind?

Is it just an excuse to be lazy? Something I picked up from childhood when I was bombarded with messages saying "You need to sleep! Otherwise you get tired and lazy!" ?

Last night I couldn't sleep well because I was lost in fantasy land imagining how Im going to build my next big creative project. I had a ton of energy and I wasn't tired at all despite the fact that I had been without sleep for 17 hours.

Now I have been without sleep for 3 hours, and Im tired as fuck! I slept for 5 out of 8 hours, so shouldn't I have energy for 5 out of 8 parts of this day? Clearly this has to be some kind of mental thing!

Whats your view on this subject? Do you think that motivation and energy to do things are dependent on sleep, or is that just fabrication of our minds? Could one change their way of thinking to increase energy?

Edited by Hansu

Hi.

I have the same problem.

I can't sleep well at night. I wake up 3 to 4 times a night for no reason at all.

I think we should work on our past trauma and use some medicines like Indica Kush or something.

Me on the road less traveled.

Sleep is an essential part of health. If you get a terrible night sleep all systems in your body are compromised and working sub-optimally. Your cognition suffers, seems obvious. Unless you are asking like, existentially, what is tiredness? Its a state out of the infinite states of consciousness. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

4 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Unless you are asking like, existentially, what is tiredness? Its a state out of the infinite states of consciousness

This is whats on my mind. Being tired made me wonder why tiredness gives up your energy to do creative and mind challenging tasks. I also noticed that thinking about this question, while being mind challenging itself, somehow made me less tired for the rest of the day. Did I elevate into higher state of consciousness? Would highly conscious beings have been more alert, more capable of doing challenging tasks if they had been in my position yesterday? Could I use tiredness to understand these states of consciousness better?

What is a state outside infinite states of consciousness? Is a part of me always in such a state, or only when Im tired? Is 99.999% of me outside the infinite states of consciousness right now, and Im just imagining that Im awaken and alert?

Ralston did a video on sleep a couple of days ago.

I don't know if it directly gives the answer you're looking for; it's patently contemplative in nature but as such I suppose it might help.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal