Cocolove

Eco Villages / Permaculture Farms List

5 posts in this topic

Let's start a list of places to volunteer, intern, live, and learn. I am biased to Latin and Southern America, where I have researched I'll go:

Ecovillage.org is a wonderful resource. Use the map function and explore. Most of these places I will list were found on here.

Raw Vegan places

Fruit Haven community in Ecuador, spiritual, Raw Healing Mastery youtube channel. Volunteer for -nearly- free!

Terrafrutis Sister community to Fruit Haven, similar

Rawtreat Family homestead in costa rica. 

More:

Dancing Rabbit: one of many cool places in the US

Apricot Lane farms: My Biggest Little Farm Movie is from here, California, permaculture farm, have to be 21 years old :(

Costa Rica has Yoga Farm, which is open from January to July, I believe, beautiful location.

Bonafide has internships and you can volunteer.

Rancho Mastatal has 2 month interships and 1 year apprenticeships. Very cool place.

Pacha Mama is a spiritual workshop community which also does a bit of permaculture, volunteering available, very cool looking place. nature, people.

Wilderland is in New Zealand. Dope place to learn

Source Farm is decent, if you happen to be in Jamaica

Spear Grass is cool, a family place in Australia.

Zutut Ha looks cool, Mexico. Lots of cool places in Mexico but I hear it's dangerous. Is this true?

Vila das Borboletas is an up and coming place in Brazil. They speak Portugese mainly, but English and Spanish too. I talked to the guy who runs it, very nice man.

Panzenu is a cool looking place in Columbia, I talked to they dude, very nice as well.

Permatree is a hardcore farm in Ecuador. (lots of work)

This thread is also designed to help answer my dilemma seen here. 

Emerald Village in the U.S. (I think near San Francisco)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Cocolove yes def do it! it’s the best time now, and figuring out what you want from life is also really nice - it will give you probably new perspectives and a push to go through with whatever you then choose to study. also deepening and learning a second language will forever be the chance to live and work somewhere else if you decide to!

my last travel was a language course i will repeat soon - and it was so much fun that i never again want to travel without deepening my skillset or without parttaking in some projects - this is partially for egoic reasons but also because when i‘m a tourist i sometimes feel so wrong placed and helpless having to watch like i was in a cinema, not involved at all, money spending machine - so thanks for the link i was looking for networks like these, for tourism i probably have to go a little deeper into how this works as these are more places to live in for some time.

also maybe you could have two or three preferred places, so if you don’t like the atmosphere at the one you chose first you can still change the place, or even plan already to change after six months. on one hand community is good, but on the other hand stay flexible that it’s not easy to fit into any random tribe, you probably have some expectations, although it’s good to have less you also should meet some of them, so don’t expect to fit in if it does not fit, they are as different as their people are ;)

https://wwoof.net/

Edited by remember

@remember Thank you! I think you were mostly replying to my other thread, so I'll go on about that here. I do plan on going to a few different places at least. Also, I plan on getting better at my spanish.

Good point about tourism. It defenitely is a lot different to do something useful while traveling, or to get immersed in the culture.