billiesimon

Leo - (about your video) What's the true nature of psychedelics?

13 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura, you mentioned that psychedelics are made of Consciousness like everything else in this reality.

But you didn't explain in detail why are these specific molecules changing the dials of awareness and not a rock, or water, or other random substances.
Why are LSD, NN-DMT, AL-LAD etc so accurately able to change the dials of awareness and not the other molecules? Aren't all molecules equally made of Consciousness?

That's the only thing I didn't quite understand in your video.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

That is unknown.

I don't think anybody understands that yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why are carrots great food for humans and rocks aren't? 

Sure biology, digestion, blablabla but really? 

It is the way it is I guess. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

I think Leo explained this well in the psychedelics video. Why can't we walk through walls, cause God designed this reality to be that way, it's the designed rules. So if God designed this reality to be like a video game, and we are the video game characters/avatars, then psychedelics are a portkey out of the game. 

We live in a world which has both physical and metaphysical aspects; despite assertions that "brains do not exist" which can be interpreted in different ways based on ones grounding, it has been demonstrated that consciousness as relates to the individual experience is clearly related to serotoninergic function in diverse areas of the brain and disrupting this, particularly through a subtype of receptor designated 2A, dramatically alters communication between certain areas which can produce "expanded" consciousness as experienced when consuming LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT. So calling it all "Consciousness" is an incomplete understanding, and ignorance mediated through bypassing. Taking an agent called ketanserin (a blocker of 5HT 2A receptors) and then taking any of the aforementioned psychedelics will produce no effects on consciousness. Call it simply correlation, or causation, but either way that's something relevant to the question and observable.

Consciousness is not a monolithic entity; it has many many dimensions, and how these interact with each other strongly suggests that one cannot exclude a physical component as being instrumental in producing the perturbations noted when different psychedelics are taken. If you take enough trips these subtleties become undeniable.

Heres a nice paper which looks at this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6137697/ 

@Leo Gura

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That is unknown.

I don't think anybody understands that yet.

Why couldn't you know? The reason rocks, water, sand don't trip you out is because their molecular configuration does not act as a neurotransmitter. WHY? well, this is how reality manifested itself. Through the randomness of existence these molecules (psychedelics) came to life and it just so happens to be compatible with the human brain. Now randomness is probably not random at all but calculated articulation of reality or in your words "God". At least that's what feels true to me. So, in other words, the reason these psyechedleic molecules are the way they are is the same reason you are the way you are or a rock is the way it is (reason: the creation process of reality), it just so happens to be the case that these molecules when transported into your biological brain you start to trip. Same thing with medicine. Why do different herbs and mixtures or plants trigger different behavior in the body that can initiate healing? (cause a shift in behavior).

There are probably other psychedelics on different planets in other galaxies that give you a much better trip than 5-MEO or DTP. Their molecular configuration could produce a much more optimal state of observation.

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

16 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@Leo Gura

Why couldn't you know? The reason rocks, water, sand don't trip you out is because their molecular configuration does not act as a neurotransmitter. WHY? well, this is how reality manifested itself. Through the randomness of existence these molecules (psychedelics) came to life and it just so happens to be compatible with the human brain. Now randomness is probably not random at all but calculated articulation of reality or in your words "God". At least that's what feels true to me. So, in other words, the reason these psyechedleic molecules are the way they are is the same reason you are the way you are or a rock is the way it is (reason: the creation process of reality), it just so happens to be the case that these molecules when transported into your biological brain you start to trip. Same thing with medicine. Why do different herbs and mixtures or plants trigger different behavior in the body that can initiate healing? (cause a shift in behavior).

There are probably other psychedelics on different planets in other galaxies that give you a much better trip than 5-MEO or DTP. Their molecular configuration could produce a much more optimal state of observation.

That's probably the best explanation we have so far.

But the depth of the mystery is more about why Consciousness decided to create random molecules that trigger this huge spiritual expansion (and why Consciousness allows them to remain illegal) instead of giving us a natural internal power of expanding fast.

Inquire in the now.

@billiesimon

I might be projecting and judging here. But it feels like you want to be on the edge of something. On the edge of discovering some new aspect of reality. 

There is a positive: You are curious. You will look for new things and discover new things.

There is a negative: You want to be a discoverer you value that and you feel special and a tingly sensation when you feel like your on the edge of a new technology, you will lie to yourself and try to manipulate reality to make it seem as if though you are discovering something despite that not being the case.

Any how. Im unsure about what I just said and I feel pretty insecure about writing this but its my opinion.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

6 hours ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@billiesimon

I might be projecting and judging here. But it feels like you want to be on the edge of something. On the edge of discovering some new aspect of reality. 

There is a positive: You are curious. You will look for new things and discover new things.

There is a negative: You want to be a discoverer you value that and you feel special and a tingly sensation when you feel like your on the edge of a new technology, you will lie to yourself and try to manipulate reality to make it seem as if though you are discovering something despite that not being the case.

Any how. Im unsure about what I just said and I feel pretty insecure about writing this but its my opinion.

Actually you are somehow right. I like studying edgy spiritual topics, and I love Leo's work exactly because it's very edgy and groundbreaking. Certainly I would love to discover new shocking aspects of reality if I found a way :D

Inquire in the now.

I'm wondering whether anything in the relative domain could ever be 'explained'. one can of course describe how things work but a description is not an explanation. 'why is the sky blue?' - you could describe how it seemingly works using 'atmosphere' and 'light' and 'retina' but that does not explain why the sky is blue, does it?

what would a satisfactory answer to @billiesimon 's question look like? I somehow can't think of one. so the best answer to every 'why?' is 'just because it is so' and all that is left for us is to describe and make the best out of how things work.

is this wrong thinking on my part?

Edited by Petals

@billiesimon “Psychedelics” is a seemingly unique word, as it’s intention it to label something and reveal it does not actually exist, much like “firmament”. The “breakdown” you’re looking for would lead to prior to you which is looking for the breakdown. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Hey Leo Gura,

THX so much for what you do.

I've been meditating for over 30 years and done lots of psychedelics. I'd love to find some sythetic 5MEO DMT - any idea where I could find it please? 

THX so much,

Janeta Jane