TheSomeBody

feel pretty lost after failing

11 posts in this topic

just stated uni and now i am in exam period. now i see my score on two test and got fail in both. it is not like i dont know the material i know it really well, one of them i knew the answer perfectly , i dont know how i got such a low grades.

it is probably because of my adhd but i dont want to take ritalin, i really hate this type of learning, it is really hard for me to get so focused for so much time.

i really want to be a researcher in the field of consciousness but i dont know how i can learn this way which i know the meterial perfectly and get bad grades

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Where do you go to school? 

This isn't going to ruin your plans. Worst case scenario, maybe you take a year off to get your health improved. What do you eat? Have you looked into naturally working with your ADHD? And Hey, maybe if you don't like this type of learning, it isn't for you.

Much love :)

25 minutes ago, Cocolove said:

Where do you go to school? 

This isn't going to ruin your plans. Worst case scenario, maybe you take a year off to get your health improved. What do you eat? Have you looked into naturally working with your ADHD? And Hey, maybe if you don't like this type of learning, it isn't for you.

Much love :)

what do mean by wher edo you go to school? what my majors? psycology and phylosophy

i eat pretty healthy, tried lots of diet didnt help. meditation does help but it is not a solution.

i dont like this type of learning and examening my knowledge 

Is English your second language?  Is it possible that some deficiencies with your grammar/spelling and punctuation is a contributing factor to your challenges (lack of success) with examination?

14 minutes ago, exhale said:

Is English your second language?  Is it possible that some deficiencies with your grammar/spelling and punctuation is a contributing factor to your challenges (lack of success) with examination?

my uni using my native languege 

Grading is total bullshit and not a real reflection of someones intelligence or value. I would not worry so much about that.

Do you have a good habit of eating clean and I mean really clean? Mediation? Exercise? This stuff will help your cognition greatly. 

I have found the nootropic lion's mane to be extremely helpful with memory for myself as well. 

@TheSomeBody Do you have any insight into why your grades are poor, and you feel like you know the material perfectly?  What is the disconnect?  Do you have text anxiety, or challenges performing on examinations?

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

Grading is total bullshit and not a real reflection of someones intelligence or value. I would not worry so much about that.

Do you have a good habit of eating clean and I mean really clean? Mediation? Exercise? This stuff will help your cognition greatly. 

I have found the nootropic lion's mane to be extremely helpful with memory for myself as well. 

exept form exercise i eat pretty clean. little bit of sugar .

they dont have any value but still i need them

1 hour ago, exhale said:

@TheSomeBody Do you have any insight into why your grades are poor, and you feel like you know the material perfectly?  What is the disconnect?  Do you have text anxiety, or challenges performing on examinations?

maybe my adhd? 

@TheSomeBody There are only a few options as to why you are not doing well on the exams, and you have to be honest with yourself if you're going to fix your problem and improve:
1. You really don't know the information as well as you think. You studied and memorized the phrases, but you haven't learned it in a way that it's functional and you can use it in an exam
2. You really do know the information, but the questions that they ask you in the exam are complicated and confusing, and you haven't prepared for these unique questions
3. You don't feel 100% at your best during the exam and that affects your cognitive abilities and performance

There are lots of ways to study smarter and better. A book I read that helped me a lot with studying was A Mind for Numbers. It says that it will help you with Math and Science, but most of the information is applicable to any subject: https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Numbers-Science-Flunked-Algebra-ebook/dp/B00G3L19ZU

Also, the type of learning you're doing is probably low quality. Most people spend their time listening to lectures, reading, and trying to repeat the information in their head with brute force. The best way to learn is through hand-on experiences and by teaching the inforamtion to others. I included a graph for reference.

Hope this helps :)

Learning Chart.png

@TheSomeBody Maybe you don't understand my question. 

You state that "you know the material perfectly", but you "failed" the exam.  

So, how did this happen?  

Did you literally hand the exam in thinking that you aced it, but then when you got the grades back, you failed.  Or, did you know when you handed the exam in that you probably didn't do well (poor exam performance). 

4 hours ago, exhale said:

@TheSomeBody Maybe you don't understand my question. 

You state that "you know the material perfectly", but you "failed" the exam.  

So, how did this happen?  

Did you literally hand the exam in thinking that you aced it, but then when you got the grades back, you failed.  Or, did you know when you handed the exam in that you probably didn't do well (poor exam performance). 

thought i aced it. 

usually i finish pretty fast because i know all the answer perfectly 0.0
i dont know if it is my bad writing and they get annoyed and give me low grade

but so fast i have got the grades in metaphisics and statistics

5 hours ago, Wyatt said:

@TheSomeBody There are only a few options as to why you are not doing well on the exams, and you have to be honest with yourself if you're going to fix your problem and improve:
1. You really don't know the information as well as you think. You studied and memorized the phrases, but you haven't learned it in a way that it's functional and you can use it in an exam
2. You really do know the information, but the questions that they ask you in the exam are complicated and confusing, and you haven't prepared for these unique questions
3. You don't feel 100% at your best during the exam and that affects your cognitive abilities and performance

There are lots of ways to study smarter and better. A book I read that helped me a lot with studying was A Mind for Numbers. It says that it will help you with Math and Science, but most of the information is applicable to any subject: https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Numbers-Science-Flunked-Algebra-ebook/dp/B00G3L19ZU

Also, the type of learning you're doing is probably low quality. Most people spend their time listening to lectures, reading, and trying to repeat the information in their head with brute force. The best way to learn is through hand-on experiences and by teaching the inforamtion to others. I included a graph for reference.

Hope this helps :)

Learning Chart.png

i think it is mostly 2 and 3.
my method of learning are pretty grate i think