MrDmitriiV

Here’s why Joe Rogan won’t invite Leo

31 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, MrDmitriiV said:

I didn’t assume on a whim, I’ve listened to him talk about them. 
And listening to him talk for hundreds of hours to dozens of people did make me knowledgeable of the many (not all ofc) parts of his mind.

I think we are mostly arguing for the same thing, that he doesn't want to go to certain places in discussion for whatever reason, whether it be public image or general closed-mindedness, maybe a mixture of both. 

Joe is very open minded compared to the average person of course, but the limits of his open-mindedness end with questioning the obvious parts of reality, and its easy to see after listening to so many podcasts, that he still has so many cultural assumptions that run him. The key here is when challenged, he does get adversarial and aggressive (at least in the past, stopped watching him as much recently) compared to a guy like Aubrey Marcus who is more well tempered and seems to have mastered his emotions more. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 2/17/2020 at 1:23 PM, MrDmitriiV said:

At 40:00 min Rashad went the deepest during that show, touching on the “Others are me” part of spirituality. Notice how Joe completely ignored that and asked him about physical training straight away.

He didn't ignore it though? He was curious as to how this experience affected him as a fighter? Great question if you ask me. Guest talks about realizing everyone is him. Well, ok. Do you still hit yourself? 

Also, this is a MMA Special. Listeners are promised MMA, not non duality chatter. Its his Job. Careful to judge his beliefs too much based on this. 

...But what if the opposite is true?

7 minutes ago, Dwarniel said:

Do you still hit yourself?  

Is he hitting himself? Or is the persona, pretend character, hitting other pretend characters? If a tv shoes the MMA finals, is the TV hitting itself?

He did not twist the topic man, I think he just probed on how does tripping affect his training. Rogan trains hard too. Its a relatable topic.

Btw he had numerous fringe people of all kinds at his show.
He'll have Leo if he gets the time/space for it, I am sure of that.

7 hours ago, Yog said:

He did not twist the topic man, I think he just probed on how does tripping affect his training. Rogan trains hard too. Its a relatable topic.

Btw he had numerous fringe people of all kinds at his show.
He'll have Leo if he gets the time/space for it, I am sure of that.

What other niche/smaller audience youtubers have been on the show? Asking out of curiosity, seems like Leo would be a lot different from the usual host selections (which by the way, is it just me or are the guests getting more boring?) Used to have guys similar to Aubrey Marcus, Hamilton Morris, Paul Stamets, Duncan Trussell, Graham Hancock on more often. Is he trying to get away from the psychedelic talk on the show? xD

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise Had about the same people in mind. No clue tbh, I haven't watched much of his podcast in the last year. I still happen to think that he is pro all this psychedelic-spiritual talk. Why lower the dial, no clue :D If I had to go into conspiracy theory, maybe there is some background government stuff trying to pressure him not to popularize these things, 60s outbreak, fear, blah,blah.... but I would be stretching it too far.

Btw I think Leo will fit in just fine and wont feel that different from his other guests. Its that we around here are used to seeing Leo as an somewhat-arrogant internet talking head, that has one directional and information dense conversation. I am sure if he went there, things would be lighter, jokes will pop-up. Its going to be smooth and laid back, they'll touch different life points. We barely know how Leo is like outside of this frame. Maybe they will talk about salmon.... or skyrim, haha who knows.

WOW, I am imagining this, O.o does it mean it will get manifest soon.
Man try to Imagine Leo at Joe's hahaha
Lets do a group visualization.

11 minutes ago, Yog said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Had about the same people in mind. No clue tbh, I haven't watched much of his podcast in the last year. I still happen to think that he is pro all this psychedelic-spiritual talk. Why lower the dial, no clue :D If I had to go into conspiracy theory, maybe there is some background government stuff trying to pressure him not to popularize these things, 60s outbreak, fear, blah,blah.... but I would be stretching it too far.

Btw I think Leo will fit in just fine and wont feel that different from his other guests. Its that we around here are used to seeing Leo as an somewhat-arrogant internet talking head, that has one directional and information dense conversation. I am sure if he went there, things would be lighter, jokes will pop-up. Its going to be smooth and laid back, they'll touch different life points. We barely know how Leo is like outside of this frame. Maybe they will talk about salmon.... or skyrim, haha who knows.

WOW, I am imagining this, O.o does it mean it will get manifest soon.
Man try to Imagine Leo at Joe's hahaha
Lets do a group visualization.

Who knows, maybe him and Leo could have a discussion similar to this: 

I'll be visualizing hard with you, hopefully we can manifest this shit xD

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

40:43 Could be wrong, but Joe might have been referencing Leo here. Doesn't name names but he has made complaints about "Self-helpers" in the past. He seems to have the bias of only trusting people with material credentials, a fit body, or age/experience, but it might be a reason he wouldn't be interested in Leo. He's being reductionist and kinda immature in the clip but take from it what you will. 

Edited by RickyBalboa

Most of Joe Rogan's audience is heavy stage orange. Your typical success and money-driven westerner striving for gains, money, sex, expensive cars, watches and all the fancy stuff. Joe is a good bridge for a dogmatic stage blue person over to Orange but no further. I don't believe he has a lot of Green or Yellow in him although he is fairly good at pretending to. 

Maybe in future but his audience is not ready for Leo and likes of him unless they would chat about finances, sex and stages of orange personal development

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus