24 posts in this topic

@pluto 

Don’t Seek Enlightenment.

Let Truth Seek You.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

Man i am confused.

So which one are we going for?

Take a vote? xD

"All of this silly circus is simply the eternal play of oneness apparently seeking itself. It is the wonderful cosmic joke oneness plays on itself by pretending to be an individual seeking something called “not being an individual”.

When it is suddenly and directly rediscovered by no-one that liberation brings with it the realisation that there is nothing to seek and no one to become liberated, then there is much laughter"

- Tony Parsons

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Its really simple, direct all energy inward rather than outward ;)

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, pluto said:

Its really simple, direct all energy inward rather than outward ;)

It's really interesting, it did seem like when I turned my external seeking energy inwards 180 degrees, it led to stumbling upon the realization that the 'ME' character was an illusion or a story that was bought into.

But simultaneously it feels like it was just something that happened. Almost like when the fruit is ripe it falls from the tree...

I'm still not fully convinced there's a path or a way that can lead to Awakening...

All that is known for sure here is when (Maya the illusion of the self) fell away, a lot of strange things happened afterwards such as disentangling from social conditioning and also recognizing the separate self never actually existed and the whole thing was a sham...

What a beautiful Wild Ride ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It's really interesting, it did seem like when I turned my external seeking energy inwards 180 degrees, it led to stumbling upon the realization that the 'ME' character was an illusion or a story that was bought into.

But simultaneously it feels like it was just something that happened. Almost like when the fruit is ripe it falls from the tree...

I'm still not fully convinced there's a path or a way that can lead to Awakening...

All that is known for sure here is when (Maya the illusion of the self) fell away, a lot of strange things happened afterwards such as disentangling from social conditioning and also recognizing the separate self never actually existed and the whole thing was a sham...

What a beautiful Wild Ride ❤

@VeganAwake Do you have goals nowdays or you just enjoy yourself Being?

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@VeganAwake Do you have goals nowdays or you just enjoy yourself Being?

Goals can still arise they just don't feel personalized, like there's not an egoic self agenda driving the need any longer. Not that much changes in this sense... Im still going to finish my military career so I can support the family financially. 

Nothing needs to be done but why not make the world a better place...❤

Yes the separate self is seen as a fiction. What's left is a conditioned human body Being!

10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Thats how it happened for me as well.  And i was doing meditation but it was kind of like just applying the finishing touches on something that was already in the making.  But it seems like it can happen either way.   Path or no path.  Case in point Leo who had a passion for finding Truth and found it by any means possible.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Don't seek? Ok, done! Um....wait, I mean... not done! Aw geez... I'm just being, that's so much simpler.

48 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thats how it happened for me as well.  And i was doing meditation but it was kind of like just applying the finishing touches on something that was already in the making.  But it seems like it can happen either way.   Path or no path.  Case in point Leo who had a passion for finding Truth and found it by any means possible.

Yes meditation was being used a lot here as well. Quieting the whirl wind of Mind or pathological thinking seemed key in a sense. At that time Leo's distraction the egos favorite defense mechanism video became quite helpful ❤

It's about seeking the truth. I got out of denial and I forgave the world.  Then in turn I forgave myself.  I wasn't seeking "enlightenment" I think it's kind of silly to listen to people talk about it.  I'm not big into a giant philosophical debate about the whole thing.  I can tell you this, the whole world changed for me.  The colors became super bright and it felt like someone pulled a thousand pound weight of me.  But, I was working on myself, and it was about getting honest with myself and who I was. ( I was not sitting around thinking about enlightenment..I was doing WORK on myself...big time).

I stopped pointing my finger outwards, and started pointing it inwards...and I broke free.

Broke free of prejudice, broke free of hate and resentment.  Broke free of self pity, and self-centeredness.  It amazes me to see individuals talk about enlightenment because I would say that 90% of them really just have some fantasy ideology in their head, and no direct experience really at all.. (it's just some concept that sounds nice and they have a bunch of opinions...blah blah words words...)

I figured out that I wasn't God and I had no right to think the way I thought.

Then I figured out, that I am actually am God (or at least God is in me) and I can create any experience I want.

I also figured out how INCREDIBLY opinionated and ENTIRELY full of ____ I actually was...I realized that I was just a highly opinionated idiot, who couldn't listen to anything or anyone but myself...I was so in love with my own thinking that I couldn't even hear anyone else).

I was amazed...then I was disgusted..and the I was FREE.

If you are asking yourself the question "Am I enlightened"? You aren't.

You'll know...there will be no "question" about it...I was dumbfounded for days...and then I was.....

Free....

5 hours ago, Robert Leavitt said:

It's about seeking the truth. I got out of denial and I forgave the world.  Then in turn I forgave myself.  I wasn't seeking "enlightenment" I think it's kind of silly to listen to people talk about it.  I'm not big into a giant philosophical debate about the whole thing.  I can tell you this, the whole world changed for me.  The colors became super bright and it felt like someone pulled a thousand pound weight of me.  But, I was working on myself, and it was about getting honest with myself and who I was. ( I was not sitting around thinking about enlightenment..I was doing WORK on myself...big time).

I stopped pointing my finger outwards, and started pointing it inwards...and I broke free.

Broke free of prejudice, broke free of hate and resentment.  Broke free of self pity, and self-centeredness.  It amazes me to see individuals talk about enlightenment because I would say that 90% of them really just have some fantasy ideology in their head, and no direct experience really at all.. (it's just some concept that sounds nice and they have a bunch of opinions...blah blah words words...)

I figured out that I wasn't God and I had no right to think the way I thought.

Then I figured out, that I am actually am God (or at least God is in me) and I can create any experience I want.

I also figured out how INCREDIBLY opinionated and ENTIRELY full of ____ I actually was...I realized that I was just a highly opinionated idiot, who couldn't listen to anything or anyone but myself...I was so in love with my own thinking that I couldn't even hear anyone else).

I was amazed...then I was disgusted..and the I was FREE.

If you are asking yourself the question "Am I enlightened"? You aren't.

You'll know...there will be no "question" about it...I was dumbfounded for days...and then I was.....

Free....

Great story thanks for sharing... that's awesome you recognized liberation ❤

I was curious did you happen to experience a falling away of the self structure?  or was it recognized the story of "I" is an illusion?

I also noticed you're from California and 3 years older than me... I don't find that very often on here ?

Edited by VeganAwake