Cykaaaa

The dancing buddha - question

29 posts in this topic

tl;dr seeing "the dancing buddha" is very common for me, do any of you experience this too on a regular basis?

In today's video, Leo has said something along the lines of: "Serious monks, after looking at the statue of the buddha for 10 hours straight start to have wiggly vision and the buddha appears to be dancing for them. This is achievable by years of serious meditation", or something like that.

I, however, achieve this after ~2 minutes of intense focus on a point, which I guess is a pretty short time. Everything becomes wiggly, lights and shadow appear and disappear, things start to move around.

Is it normal for you guys, or do I have some extraordinary focus abilities?

Edited by Cykaaaa

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

i get this about 40 mins into strong determination sitting, if i can keep my eyes open without blinking, to a very small degree though

@Rilles Nice!

@Nahm xD I'm not sure about the "normal" bit either, that's why I'm wondering if others experience this too. Today I asked my sister to do the same one-pointed meditation as I do and tell me if she had wiggly vision. She did not.

@Cykaaaa I hear ya. Can’t stop laughing but I hear ya. Is “what other people think / experience”, wether individually or by reference to consensus.....”normal”...?  Now that seems funny too. Lmao. 

Its interesting when you're meditating, everything is swirling and bending around. While everything is swirling your mum comes into your room and says "this room is so messy! What are you doing just sitting there! Clean it up" and you're finding it hard to concentrate because you're just so mesmerised by her head waving from 1 end of the room to the other as she says it. 

When you say wiggly do you mean a sort of blur or fuzziness in focus of what’s perceived? 

@DrewNows No, I mean the object literally waving, bending in various directions.

16 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Is it normal for you guys, or do I have some extraordinary focus abilities?

@Cykaaaa its pretty normal for all. That's concentration skill rising up, but also a distraction. 

Yes, this happens to me after a few minutes of meditation.

^  ^
=(´`)=

( )💖( )   stay warm✨

I experience this also after few mins, objects waving and my vision also gets a little bit blury first then so much that i cannot see the object that i was focusing on clear anymore untill i blink multiple times, but then it starts again, and i see purple color moving also, 

How deep this can go guys? Can i experience more serious stuff than just waving objects? Like a serious shift of consciousness state?

Edited by m0hsen

What sort of dance is it @Cykaaaa ? Belly dancing? Hula dancing?

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

yes you focus your eye on one point and  only move the body the head stays at the same point always.

or like this

i wonder if he could add the ministry of silly walks to his program, not that i think he would want to spend money on that... i love monty python.

and i tried it - can do it on tipping toes.

Edited by remember

y'all posting some weird shit there haha

@Cykaaaa yeah man the shit is so weird, it's like i enter hallucination or psychedelic state just after a few mins of meditation, seriously what the fuck is real? I recently watched The Matrix again and contemplated about this a lot, what is real?? Just bunch of very limited sensory information that brain uses to create this 3d simulation of world we call real? 

@Cykaaaa Yea man..... I kind of freak out a bit sometimes.

It doesn't take more than 20 seconds of focus for things to start moving if I stare at them, especially in nature. In a minor way but still yes. The drama starts coming out of objects and I can notice texture repetition in grass sometimes. Almost like on a acid micro-low dose, but only visuals. Its very mild, but it is there.

At first I thought its because of the way optics work, the eye being like camera lens, distorting on the periphery, like a fish-eye. But it wasn't in that manner, distortions were consistent all over the board and more wave/gaulsian noise like.

One more weird thing is that it takes me maybe half a min of staring at the hand for me to forget that it is a hand.
It starts looking more like some weird, geographical surface, made out of some weird material, hard to make out the scale of it.

At times I think its a normal side effect of psychedelics or meditation, at times I freak out and think I am going schizophrenic....and that I fucked it all up by using these things.

Edited by Yog

@Yog well explained man, what you think about the idea of pineal gland producing and releasing natural dmt? Otherwise what else it could be?

16 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

y'all posting some weird shit there haha

Hahahah you started it mate. What do you expect? xD

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

@Cykaaaa Might be of use to make your distinction between a dancing Siddhartha, and a dancing Buddha. One implies you are Cykaaa, the other is very much getting the joke, and you are ‘free’ to laugh As Well. 

@Yog Well said!

4 hours ago, m0hsen said:

what you think about the idea of pineal gland producing and releasing natural dmt?

That would actually make a lot of sense 

@Nahm I did get the joke, lol. I'm glad that people on this forum have a sense of humour ^_^