AlphaAbundance

Anything to be done before enlightenment?

20 posts in this topic

Is there anything that should be or is best to be experienced before enlightenment? Is there any regrets to getting enlightened to early?

I feel worried of missing out on any benefits of ego and illusion or of not living my life to the fullest in ego mind before killing myself. Also anything that should be done before enlightenment regarding preperation wise?

Osho still had lots of sex and money

Sadhguru rides his motorcycles and plays golf

You don't have to give anything up to become enlightened (other than your false identity;)); you're way worse off denying them rather than transcend and include. 

Edited by fridjonk

Great topic! 

Do you need to integrate orange/green/yellow before you go hard core spirituality? 

15 minutes ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

psychological health needs to be developed.

@AwakenedSoul444 Is that what you mean by psychological health? 

The only change enlightenment brings about is the end of your psychological narrative of guilt, blame, pride, worries and expectations. Enlightenment is simply peace of mind. If there is anything you really want to experience with the psychological narrative still in place, go for it! :)

Fuck ego life. Human life can suck a shit it's so annoying and boring. Get those enlightened vibes flowing bro ♥️

After my spiritual awakening I remained enlightened for about 8 days, I couldn't believe it, ALL the monkey chatter gone, but it came back. My mind was quiet like there was nobody in there. Like an empty apartment.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha. Ask that question during an enlightenment experience lolololol

edit: still laughing.

What should i do before enlightenment bahahahahahahaha. What a good joke LMFAO. Gosh best joke I've heard all year. That's a good one hahaha

Edited by electroBeam

16 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Is there anything that should be or is best to be experienced before enlightenment?

hahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahah

Is there any regrets to getting enlightened to early?

hahahhaxDxDhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha

Is there anything that should be or is best to be experienced before enlightenment? Is there any regrets to getting enlightened to early?

hahahhahha as if enlightenment has nothing to do with experience right hahahahhahahahhahha

hahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahha

Also anything that should be done before enlightenment regarding preperation wise?

Anything that should be done before, as if time exists hahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahababababahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

There was literally no sentences that didn't make me fall on the ground for 2 mimutes in that post. Congratulations, takes skill to do that hahahahhahahahhahahah

This is a common misconception so I get your concerns. 

But, what is it exactly you're thinking could possibly be better before awakening? 

You can still do whatever the fuck you want, it's not like once you're enlightened there are the '10 Commandments of Enlightenment' where you can't have sex or enjoy good food or whatever. 

You may do these things more CONSCIOUSLY. For example, won't scam people to earn money, or detrimentally affect their life (think to work for Coca-Cola or McDonald's) or manipulate girls into having sex with you. However, it's the motivation behind it that changes. 

EVERYTHING is better post-enlightenment, you just won't get away with your own bullshit as much. It's like going from driving your car with the handbrakes on, to driving on an open highway at 100MPH. All resistance melts away until you are left with this as it is. 

Enjoy Life post-enlightenment, do what you love and help people in whatever way you can (doesn't have to be spiritually) it really is as simple as that.

P.S. Yes you'll still be human and work for money, eat, drink, shit and face repercussions for your actions, you don't become some sort of angel. But, the ordinary becomes extraordinary, you've been missing it all along. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

So theres nothing that must be, should be done pre-enlightenment? Like experiencing some drugs or having sex or building your business or going to college or smoking weed or meditating or whatever? Shouldn't one experience those things so they can have an understanding, appreciation of the improvement? Or know what it's like to experience those in an egoic state?

Edited by AlphaAbundance

3 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

So theres nothing that must be, should be done pre-enlightenment? Like experiencing some drugs or having sex for the first time or building your business or going to college or smoking weed or meditating or whatever? Shouldn't one experience those things so they can have an understanding, appreciation of the improvement? Or know what it's like to experience those in an egoic state?

Literally the only difference/improvement in enlightenment is that your psychological resistance falls away. When there is pain, there is no attitude of "I should have pleasure right now, Life made a mistake". When there is pleasure, there is no attitude of "how long can I make this last?, what will happen when the pleasure ends?"

Edited by Maharani

@AlphaAbundance Do whatever you feel called to do, if you feel like you need to do them things pre-enlightenment to put your mind at ease maybe that will help. 

But before even thinking about smoking weed/ Drugs, how old are you? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 18, I have smoked weed before. I am listing things that I thought intially might be beneficial/valuable to do before anyone becomes enlightened. For example, I haven't done something like hard core drugs. Should I experience these in duality?

I just was aware of my thinking and it seems I might I just have OCD symptoms of needing to do certain things to "fully experience life" or "completely be ready".

Edited by AlphaAbundance

Yo bro, don't do fuckin hard drugs. Stick with psychedelics. And man, the experience only becomes sweeter with more consciousness

@AlphaAbundance  From your point of view there is duality and non Duality, in reality, this isn't the case, Duality and Non-Duality in an absolute sense are the same things. 

This is what I mean, it seems to me you're expecting enlightenment to be a whole new world where you transcend to a new realm. This very world is heaven, is the Buddha planet, nowhere else. 

Why do you want to experience hardcore drugs pre/post-awakening If you are referring to drugs like Cocaine I'd recommend staying well away whether you're the Buddha or a homeless guy on the street. 

This quote from Francis Lucille helps explain what I mean (paraphrase)- Everyone is living in the absolute for it can be no other way, but whether they know this or not is another story. 

Yes, you'll want to get all the pain and suffering you want to experience in your life out of your system now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost