DreamScape

Psychedelics and schizophrenia

13 posts in this topic

So I'm a bit worried. 

I am worried because I might predisposition to schizophrenia. I dont have schizophrenia, athough my dads brothers do.  Also, my brother has autism. Although, I dont want to develop it.

But to ADD to my dads brothers stories, their dad was horrible. Their dad beat them all the time, and his dad was so cruel to the point where he'd gas animals in boxes to kill them, in which my younger dads self saw him do that. So I also dont know if it is a predisposition to schizophrenia or not, if it was just the psychedelics/drug use tied in with it. They used other drugs also, I think crack cocaine and stuff.

I've done research, and I've read that people can develop schizophrenia while taking psychedelics because they're going through bad trauma and they're using it as an escape, only to realize god, or have a really bad trip and their mind breaks. 

From what I have read and it seems, psychedelics ARE safe with proper care and respect toward the substance. 

Also it seems that I'm either spiritually gifted/extremely predisposed to spirituality. For example, I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening and realized god on 1.2g of shrooms.  Also, I've been interested in this since about 14 years of age. I feel just inherently more inclined towards it.

I am just saying this to give a background as to where I'm at.

I feel as though with proper set and setting, and also using it as a tool rather than an escape or just to feel good, with a willingness to surrender will render it okay though. I am worried but I feel as though I am fine. 

I am still unsure though, opinions? Should I still consider taking them with proper precautions? any of your own experiences or somebody you know?

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

What is the problem? You've already taken them and seen no problem.

As long as you don't go hog-wild, I don't see what the worry is.

It's not like you're being pushed to eat 30 grams of mushrooms here.

Stay under 2 grams and you'll be fine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is there evidence for higher doses to trigger schizophrenia?

I ask because i am curious to try high dose mushrooms 10+ grams

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I've dealt with hallucinations all my life which a typical therapist labels as psychosis.

I think for a large part of hallucinations, the problem is the orientation, not whether the hallucination happens or not. 

Its whether you get sucked into it, take it too seriously, don't apply consciousness and mis interpret it, Don't integrate it with ordinary consciousness, whether you get sucked into the thought stories about it.

Having hallucinations for the 1st 1 or 2 times could be scary, but after having literally 1000s of hallucinations they aren't a big deal anymore.

I think fearing hallucinations and schizophrenia could be too overrated. I'm aware that schizophrenia can be very detrimental and scary, but you need to be very very reckless to get there. And don't worry, you'll pussy out before getting even close.

3 hours ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Is there evidence for higher doses to trigger schizophrenia?

I ask because i am curious to try high dose mushrooms 10+ grams

There is evidence for schizophrenia triggered without psychedelics.

So your question is moot.

@electroBeam that makes sense. That was my intuition. It doesnt make sense to me that hallucinations = schizophrenia either, because then everybody with a tulpa, servitor, people who can astral project, or other psychic abilities would probably receive that label. 

This def makes me more confident next time. even tho I'll still have existential fear going into it probably lmao. But that part is normal.

Genesis 27:27-29

2 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

@electroBeam because then everybody with a tulpa, servitor, people who can astral project, or other psychic abilities would probably receive that label.

They do receive that label hahahaha. Just not amongst themselves 

@DreamScape You are hallucinating right now.

There is nothing outside of hallucination.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the problem? You've already taken them and seen no problem.

As long as you don't go hog-wild, I don't see what the worry is.

It's not like you're being pushed to eat 30 grams of mushrooms here.

Stay under 2 grams and you'll be fine.

23 hours ago, DreamScape said:

So I'm a bit worried. 

I am worried because I might predisposition to schizophrenia. I dont have schizophrenia, athough my dads brothers do.  Also, my brother has autism. Although, I dont want to develop it.

But to ADD to my dads brothers stories, their dad was horrible. Their dad beat them all the time, and his dad was so cruel to the point where he'd gas animals in boxes to kill them, in which my younger dads self saw him do that. So I also dont know if it is a predisposition to schizophrenia or not, if it was just the psychedelics/drug use tied in with it. They used other drugs also, I think crack cocaine and stuff.

I've done research, and I've read that people can develop schizophrenia while taking psychedelics because they're going through bad trauma and they're using it as an escape, only to realize god, or have a really bad trip and their mind breaks. 

From what I have read and it seems, psychedelics ARE safe with proper care and respect toward the substance. 

Also it seems that I'm either spiritually gifted/extremely predisposed to spirituality. For example, I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening and realized god on 1.2g of shrooms.  Also, I've been interested in this since about 14 years of age. I feel just inherently more inclined towards it.

I am just saying this to give a background as to where I'm at.

I feel as though with proper set and setting, and also using it as a tool rather than an escape or just to feel good, with a willingness to surrender will render it okay though. I am worried but I feel as though I am fine. 

I am still unsure though, opinions? Should I still consider taking them with proper precautions? any of your own experiences or somebody you know?

I am curious how many trips have you done so far?