Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wk197

Life is so mundane and meaningless for me

15 posts in this topic

I don't fit in with people, I can't learn as efficiently as I used to, my brother and my sister sometimes feel anonymous to me, my grip on my own first language(english) is poor, im autistic and im ugly. The worst of it all is that I enjoy video games and entertainment way less now so i have nothing to cope with.

You need to discover what you value, set goals based on your vaules, and take action. Right now you are out at sea sailing around with no map, fighting with waves of thought stories. Breath, create space for the feelings, and move towards something you value. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

13 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

You need to discover what you value, set goals based on your vaules, and take action. Right now you are out at sea sailing around with no map, fighting with waves of thought stories. Breath, create space for the feelings, and move towards something you value. 

What do you mean by value? 

The hearts deepest desires, principles that one uses to guide and motivate oneself. The difference between following values over fighting with the waves of thought stories is that values are actually useful in creating the life you want to live. 
There is no right or wrong answers here, you create your own values. 

Lets make a useful distiction here between values and goals, a goal is something that can be completed, checked off the to do list (I want to socialize more), a value the other hand is a principle that guides ones goals and how you want to show up in this life (I value comminicating and connecting with others). Values are like a compass and map, the islands that one can land on are like goals. To feel like ones life is meaningfull, all you have to do is start heading for shore. 

On 15/02/2020 at 0:53 PM, OctagonOctopus said:

The hearts deepest desires, principles that one uses to guide and motivate oneself. The difference between following values over fighting with the waves of thought stories is that values are actually useful in creating the life you want to live. 
There is no right or wrong answers here, you create your own values. 

Lets make a useful distiction here between values and goals, a goal is something that can be completed, checked off the to do list (I want to socialize more), a value the other hand is a principle that guides ones goals and how you want to show up in this life (I value comminicating and connecting with others). Values are like a compass and map, the islands that one can land on are like goals. To feel like ones life is meaningfull, all you have to do is start heading for shore. 

I understand better what you mean by values, is believing in tidiness a value?

Yep you can value tidiness, to understand the value deeper you might ask "What does tidiness mean to me?", then to start setting goals based off this value you could ask yourself something like "What small action could I take that alines with this value?" and "When am I going to do it?".

To discover more values ask questions "What do I want my life to be dedicated to?" "What is most import to me in this life?", this is a very important thing to do because you are conciously creating who you want to be. One of the great things about focusing more on a values foundation then goals foundation is that you can act on your values right away as they are generators of goals, and immediate actions.

On 14.2.2020 at 9:52 PM, wk197 said:

I don't fit in with people, I can't learn as efficiently as I used to, my brother and my sister sometimes feel anonymous to me, my grip on my own first language(english) is poor, im autistic and im ugly. The worst of it all is that I enjoy video games and entertainment way less now so i have nothing to cope with.

what if you would start changing all of that? except for the video gaming maybe it’s good that you don’t like that so much anymore.

you could start with not being ugly anymore, first you start with accepting yourself and then slowly you find a way of changing yourself also in a physical sense. 

also can you say exactly when your brother and sister feel strange/anonymous to you? are these special situations or is it bound to certain conditions which trigger the anonymity.

@remember Not be ugly anymore? I think im about half as ugly as Robert Hoge(look him up). what the hell do I have to do to accept myself?

I will go into slightly more detail about my bro's and sisters when im less tired.

@OctagonOctopus I think tidiness means to me a clearer mind and I do value that. 

@wk197 What do you want out of life, if you could have everything you wanted?

No limits. You ask for it you get it.

What what would you want?

Also, have you checked out @Nahm's thread on using a dream board. That thread changed my life, it sparked my awakening. Buy a big dry erase board on amazon, if you can't afford one then pm me. Then read his thread and learn how to use it. 

Edited by Raptorsin7

@wk197 find a purpose in life that will re energize  you.

Work on fitness and feeling good.

It may be the best thing you work on.

Don't worry about being ugly. If you're autistic, what do you do that gives it away?

As for enjoying everything way less than you used to, I can definitely relate to this and I am sure so many others can as well.