ardacigin

A Key Disadvantage of Samatha Meditation - My No Meditation Results

23 posts in this topic

@Nahm I think you're both right. I think keeping life an open question and not being tethered to ideas is essential. I think Buddhism(and other spiritual traditions) can be summed up as not being fooled by our conceptions that we hold too tightly. All of OP describes just sounds like diligent practice, a practice that has been passed down for many many years that's worked for people. You mentioned shrooms, but I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting as an alternative to what the OP describes that will have the same amount of efficacy. Just taking shrooms just sounds like a shot in the dark if we're talking about awakening. Although taking shrooms for sure is a damn good start and could definitely facilitate alot of healing which is better than just a good start. I just don't think anyone has really fully woken up just from psychedelics. Like how frequently am I to take these psychedelics? Am I to graduate from shrooms and LSD to DMT/ayahuasca? Thanks for indulging my curiosity. 

@Pell I agree with where you’re coming from, but I’m not intending to imply an “instead of”. We can also include the other options out there to be experienced as well. As a more concrete example, I experienced meditation daily for many years, then massage, then tai chi, then psychedelics, then writing about feelings, then contemplation, then yoga, then a few different meditation techniques, then self inquiry, then reiki, then jin shin jyutsu, etc, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I see. Being inclusive is definitely a beautiful thing. I supposed I'm concerned with too much dabbling, instead of mastering.