arlin

What is the point of living if we are going to die?

69 posts in this topic

Yeah its totally the best show in town. ❤ it's gloriously meaningless.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 15/02/2020 at 3:55 PM, Aaron p said:

Whats the point in building a sandcastle when it will inevitably be washed away by the sea. What's the point in a dance when it will inevitably come to an end. What's the point in looking at art when it doesn't do anything and will also, inevitably be destroyed by time. 

Its like a firework going off. It's just cool lol ✌? that's why enlightened people laugh all the time. They've realised, deeply, that everything is just.......kinda cool. And that's it. Haha. Smoke a joint 

What you're saying sounds good and encouraging enough, I see life as meaningless but in a bleak way which isn't doing me favors.

17 hours ago, wk197 said:

What you're saying sounds good and encouraging enough, I see life as meaningless but in a bleak way which isn't doing me favors.

Being more in the moment gives everyday life more meaning, inherently. Have you tried being more in the moment rather than being in your head?

@wk197 That's a common stage, I used to think meaningless = bad also. 

But, in reality it's the greatest gift of all and gives us complete freedom to do what we want with our lives. 

Why do anything at all? Simply for the love and joy of it. (aside from practical reasons i.e. Survival) 

If you are able to do what you love, you will go far. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Simple: You're going to have your ticket punched one day. Might as well enjoy it while you're here.

hrhrhtewgfegege

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 18/02/2020 at 0:45 PM, Spaceofawareness said:

Being more in the moment gives everyday life more meaning, inherently. Have you tried being more in the moment rather than being in your head?

Yes, being in the moment, in joy, enjoy the moment, it's all there is. :D

Carry that single, simple moment of joy with you and begin to make more moments joyful too. Love everything you do. It's not always easy (especially if you take ice-cold showers lol) but practice makes perfect. 

It's a moment-to-moment commitment that involves changing the way you experience and interact with everything you instinctively want to grasp, hoard, control and attach to. Be humble. Simply experience. Let go instead. Let go of fear. Let God. Let Joy.

Just seep into the moment and enjoy it, because it will eventually pass. Nothing is permanent. Fighting that reality will only cause you pain.

All you need right now is to appreciate and enjoy what you have. It’s enough. 

Hey a comet could come along and crash through your window and snuff you out like a light.

“Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities.” ~Dalai Lama

Capture plein écran 19022020 142207.jpg

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

On 2/13/2020 at 10:43 PM, Eph75 said:

So what you want to hear is that living is meaningless. Not in a sense that it's useless in any way, but it has "no meaning". That's not very inspiring is it, especially when we're indoctrinated that there is supposed to be a meaning. Our existence here has no purpose, no meaning, it's just being. Our ability to be aware starts to look for a meaning so that there's something that we can pursue and fulfill so that we can get the reward of feeling "meaningful".

So the point of living is "just being".

When we accept "just being" we can awaken to it being the path to happiness/peace and the pursuit for that meaning that we previously were supposed to find, somewhere or in something, was actually the very thing that kept us miserable. 

But you didn't want to mix in spirituality. That's difficult, because that "meaning" is found within your spirituality.

Also, life having "no meaning" doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't pursue achieving things. You can fill your "being" doing things that appear meaningful to you. If that helps you in your "being", that's all good. But we tend to do things for the wrong reasons, because we feel that we have to live up to something or match some external or internal expectations, and that makes "being" more difficult and oftentimes painful.

That's why it's so important to detach/let go of such attachments, so that we can "just be".

Nicely said ❤

@VeganAwake Thank you ??

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.