arlin

What is the point of living if we are going to die?

69 posts in this topic

@arlin You said don't answer with spiritual/existential ideas. That's ok, but the answers you'll get this way will be limited by just human experience and human life. AND dude 20 years old is totally ok, you don't have to avoid these just because you're "too young". I got into actualized.org and serious enlightenment at the age of 16 and I don't even think that its too early! Didn't took me years and decades to get serious results, because I actually care and love to contemplate and get closer and closer to Absolute Truth.

So,
Why live if we are going to die? If there is nothing after death and you just stop existing as you, what to do?
Live your life to experience the most out of it. Go for the best quality life in terms of money, relationships, social relationships, jobs and get yourself to a point where you can actually travel and see things unimaginable and beautiful in this world. Check out the self-actualization section in the forum which has more practical and productive oriented stuff there which might be really useful for you. Spirituality is kinda extreme for some people so stay safe and good luck :P

check out POSITIVE NIHILISM specially on youtube.

I also think 'the 100', especially in its later seasons, is a great study on this. You can find on Netflix

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

If people who want to end their life hate life so much, then why end it?

Why not extend the life you hate so much, so you can hate more?

Because they fail to recognize that even their last action on earth is one out of love.

2 hours ago, Raw Nature said:

@arlin you have to train the prefrontal cortex, or rather more functionally, sentience.

Sentience can be trained in a number of ways, the best way to explore and realise sentience is through experiential training.

I make mention of a simple emotional shifting exercise at the bottom of this comment here that will give a real sense of sentience and subsequent personal empowerment which stands as your very real and tangible free will in this reality.

Someone said as a reply to my comment that I'm yet to get to "what is sentience?", as a reply here it simply means what we normally refer to as self awareness without that internal chatter, instead the awareness of that.

The next step would be training the frontoparietal network, or to simply say, the prefrontal cortex.

This involves simply doing things that get one to train their reasoning, for a male in general I'd recommend spatial reasoning. Say lots of chess and then learning to transpose those skills into ones everyday life, that way the training will translate in and outside of chess.

Chess can be very intimidating for people but if the end goal of improving sentience is kept in mind that can better enable sentience. Also the emotional shifting exercises themselves, if one wishes to practice, will make a considerable difference to someones ability in the realm of relieving oneself from depression. In fact I'd argue that if someone were to do 3 hours of training per day there's absolutely no doubt that they'd not only redeem any depressed condition they'd far exceed any ability they had here they previously thought possible.

I personally do not train on the exercises myself, however I do train my prefrontal cortex, spending at least 2-3 hours per day and I find that in itself helps in the alleviation of any potential symptoms of depression as well as capacities to self regulate.

The emotional exercises even if one doesn't want to consistently train there at a bare minimum allow someone to really experience what sentience is actually like, a feeling that I think many people have probably forgotten. And don't feel bad if you can't shift your state easily initially, I remember when I did properly train for about a week after the 4th day or so 1+ training I was amazed at how good I was getting.

Oh yes! I couldn't agree more about chess. I used to play chess games fully, chess puzzles and calculated moves everyday, and sometimes played blindfolded chess and pushed it to a full game as best as I could, keeping my goal to win at a chess tournament with a big fat golden trophy on my arms. I eventually won at a chess club against an aggressive player and got  a chess board with chess pieces to go with it. Not the most luxurious prize, but I was very proud of my win!

And chess only just adds to improving my visualization abilities, to the point I could super impose a board onto a physical table. Along with drawing, playing video games, doing archery and dream journalling, I think visualizations won't be a problem for anyone to develop at all. I've even made a life long goal of improving my visualization abilities, at levels that some hermit Yogi'scould excel at, and at Nickola Tesla's level where he blueprints an entire machine and it's parts in mind.

Somewhere in my post is a hint at resolving this "What is the point of life when you will die?" question.

Edited by Danioover9000
Typo

@Raw Nature What interests me is the emotional exercise. I will give it a try.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

aka love, joy, empowerment, creating the life I actually want, realizing success in life, ease, effortlessness, togetherness, fun, deep rich authentic relationships, happiness, truth. 

This is what i want and what i know should and is for sure mine or waiting for me in some way. I know this.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

I’m pointing to your belief that you need it. 

Of course i believe that, ahaha. Not to believe that i need help in certein times would be insane. Again, i am not that much "Spiritual", which i mean that i am not so much into the belief that i can give myself everything. I am human and humans need connection. I don't want to use spirituality like a justification to be alone. That would be insane. But now, you see the level i am at. And yes, your answers are beautiful but yes, i think i am more down to earth.  @DefinitelyNotARobot  i think this is more usefull to where i am at

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

neither one of us would be here. If death wasn't a thing then the entire universe would have to be the same way for all of eternity. Nothing would ever change.

Uhm, this is a very interesting perspective.

That's just another reason for being grateful for what you've got.

I find myself feeling grateful for what i have sometimes and it's weird because i never did it. Like i would be grateful for things i would not be grateful for before. For example the fact that i have 4 limbs. I could lookse 1, who knows. But then this brings up the fear that it could happen to me and it begins to be uncomfortable.

Hope you'll find some peace!

Thank you, maybe i will even contemplate on the subject like you said if i really feel like it :)

1 hour ago, Pouya said:

Live your life to experience the most out of it. Go for the best quality life in terms of money, relationships, social relationships, jobs and get yourself to a point where you can actually travel and see things unimaginable and beautiful in this world. Check out the self-actualization section in the forum which has more practical and productive oriented stuff there which might be really useful for you. Spirituality is kinda extreme for some people so stay safe and good luck :P

check out POSITIVE NIHILISM specially on youtube.

Oh my god this is actually very good advice, thank you!!!

23 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Somewhere in my post is a hint at resolving this "What is the point of life when you will die?" question.

Oh come one :P

24 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Chess can be very intimidating for people

I like playing chess! I actually would like to learn more and take courses!

14 hours ago, arlin said:

i know people here will come and say things like: "Wel the ego.." or "well god.." and such and such.

I would like to discuss this topic as normal as possible, like we are friends having an interesting discussion and nt talk about abstract stuff.

I had "normal" discussions about God with friends long before I came in touch with liberation teachings. :)

Wouldn't you agree that "what is the meaning of Life?" is a spiritual question to begin with? If not, maybe you could define what you meant when you asked us not to "throw spiritual stuff in there".

Edited by Maharani

1 hour ago, arlin said:

Oh my god this is actually very good advice, thank you!!!

Oh-oh, be careful with this one. It might just be THE trap. It just also happen to be "the easy answer". 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

3 hours ago, Pouya said:

Go for the best quality life in terms of money, relationships, social relationships, jobs and get yourself to a point where you can actually travel and see things unimaginable and beautiful in this world.

Pleasure, in the form of money, relationships, social relationships and jobs, even if we attain it for a period of time, will always be interspersed with (physical and/or emotional) pain. These things cannot make us permanently happy. The belief that they can is what creates our unhappiness.

Unbroken happiness for the human being is available in the form of peace of mind. Continuous pleasure is not available. Happiness is when our attitude towards pleasure and pain falls away (namely guilt, blame, pride, anxiety, and expectations). When that happens, what remains is peace of mind.

Edited by Maharani

People even on this forum have no idea what the actual in-between lives process is like. The Michael Teachings channelings and other sources explain it in details and it's kinda terrifying actually. For example, the soul doesn't cut its tie to the physical body after the modern-era usual drug/pain killers assisted clinical death, so in short you feel the emotional and physical pain of your body being cremated/slowly decaying in a coffin, then (I imagine) you have a long period of PTSD, plus the inability to interact with physical matter (try dry-fasting alone with no internet, nicotine, etc, for a day only and tell me how it feels... I tried yes, add the ptsd to that, also: you can't just go to sleep like we do here 1/3 our time); then it doesn't get better for a long time unless your beliefs/knowledge tell you that the friendly angels trying to make you move on to your next incarnation aren't just some devils in disguise trying to trick you and bring you to hell forever; then there's  the life review, which can be really bad if you have made significant bad karma in this life. Sources can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedruntonirvana/wiki/phase3

This fear is not all bad though, it's the most powerful pull to try to reach enlightenment, and if you know how bad psychedelics breakthrough doses can be (right before the switch to bliss/nirvana) for "non high-level old souls" (another Michael Teaching concept), you know you need a strong pull like  that to get the courage to take them (this assuming "non high-level old souls" can't reach actualization without psychedelics breakthrough doses, which I'm sure of, the why is explained in my site linked above).

Edited by Arzack

The middle path ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 hours ago, Lento said:

Because of love..

See my thread, and especially this reply;

It comes down to this.  Meaning is relative from the Absolute perspective.  But there are Absolutes.  Absolute Love and Goodness.  Once one becomes conscious of the Absolute the Absolute will guide them in the domain of the relative.  The Absolute lives through the relative.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

My answer to you is, because not everyone gets this chance. You have been given the chance to fully realise what you truly are, your true nature. Some people live their entire lives without even the slightest inkling that they aren’t a person riding around in their heads, being attached to “positive” things, and averse to “negative” things. But you have, somehow, by chance, stumbled onto your true nature, or at least got a whiff of it. 

Now, this should be your new meaning of life, to realise what you truly are. You can still live your life, have goals, have a girlfriend, get a good job, make mistakes, own a house, have kids, or not, and along the way lots of things will change, you might not achieve those goals you had set for yourself, but then you will realise they were only an expression of your ego, so it will be easy to let go of them and continue. 

But, you can also find psycho-technologies to assist you in getting what you want by changing who you are on the surface. But, what you really are will not change. If you really want to get down in the dumps go read some Nietzsche, that will depress the shit out of you, I mean real despair. But, if you have awakened, even despair wont bother you, it will be observed, and then you will get back to things in your life which give some meaning, like friends, family, hobbies, etc, and those dark times won’t seem so dark. 

Good luck. You are still so young, and to be at this stage at your age is surprising to me, it took me 15 more years to get to this point, and I feel I am only just beginning in this journey to nowhere.

@arlin Because there is a force inside you that wants to live. To create. To love. That's not an accident. Honor that spirit inside you!

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne (from Shawshank Redemption). Watch that movie carefully, and you will find the answer implicitly (in between the lines). 

Spiritual answer that you don't want to hear, yet is nevertheless true: You are infinite and immortal, so what the fuck else is there to do? "Time is an illusion and so is death." -Hu (from Avatar the Last Airbender). Watch this wonderful show, and you will find the answer implicitly.

The problem with this answer is that it leaves everything in a gray area, open to interpretation. Your ego doesn't like that... It wants to attach to meaning. What if all meanings are projected, imaginary? What if you simply are what you are? What if there's only an eternal now, and "being" is all there is? What if all "to-do's" are imaginary? What if the universe didn't care whether you were Hitler or Ghandi? Just something to consider. 

Notice that both answers are the exact same, just coming from different contexts. Basically: you are what you are, and you should honor that. Start BEING. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Whats the point in building a sandcastle when it will inevitably be washed away by the sea. What's the point in a dance when it will inevitably come to an end. What's the point in looking at art when it doesn't do anything and will also, inevitably be destroyed by time. 

Its like a firework going off. It's just cool lol ✌? that's why enlightened people laugh all the time. They've realised, deeply, that everything is just.......kinda cool. And that's it. Haha. Smoke a joint 

@Aaron p  Great point!!!

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16