Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steenadrianmr

A question about psychedelics, LSD in particular.

18 posts in this topic

As I read @Aaron p's thread about his 200µg LSD trip I started wondering.

He mentions thought loops and I have heard of them before, but never consciously experienced one. He also writes something along the lines of ''With how confused LSD can get you...''

Some times on psychedelics, my most experienced one being LSD, I get really tripped out in my mind. Some times I am not able to speak, I might laugh extremely slowly which sounds like a ridiculous ''aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh'' and my mind might not be organized meaning that I am not able to string complete sentences together as you would be able to in a sober state.

However, in the near past I have been using about 3000µg, the lowest dose being 200µg and the highest being 800µg. I've mostly been doing 600µg. The last few times I have been able to speak almost as I would have if sober. I am able to talk pretty fluently and very understandable.

Does anyone know why this is? Does it depend on the trip itself, the location, the set and setting? What about meditation beforehand? I am not sure if this is a fitting question here, but I know there are a lot of experienced psychonauts here with answers.

Thank you for your attention and possible answers, I surely appreciate it. Have a good day or night :) 

9 minutes ago, steenadrianmr said:

800µg.

8 minutes ago, steenadrianmr said:

I get really tripped out in my mind

No sh@t? Who would have thought....

@steenadrianmr I never get confused on LSD myself, just really really clean direct contact to god. Mushrooms for me are more of a mindfuck. 

@steenadrianmr

Its probably best to "measure" the intensity  after being clean for couple of weeks. Tolerance can stack up quite fast and 600ug can feel as weak as 100ug if you do it couple of days in a row. Also doses can vary a lot between different individuals. you probably know this, but thought its good thing to mention anyway.

Btw having this in mind, I have had very powerful experiences on 250ug. Forgetting language, difficulty with talking, when able, speaking and thinking  in metaphors and being in the archetypal ground for half the trip is very common for me. I also get a lot of non-dual dips while on this dose. Remotely remembering people and seeing them as unique primordial intelligences, as split faces of god trying to understand himself . The boundary devolving effect can be very powerful , the intensity can be similar even on 150ug of very pure acid.

All this..... while people around me that have taken the same dose, can talk, recall artists, events, add shrooms and dmt into mix, NO2 ...ect...

And I......I'm tripping balls.

Edited by Yog
Sloppy english, bah

I find that people have the most powerful trips when they take low doses. I've seen it multiple times

You can get used to the experience. I waited out my tolerance and and could still often do 800ug to no problem. It wasn't until I went to a high quality source, did 1000ug after not tripping for a few months did I get kicked on my ass. 

There's a sort of mental tolerance and so an experience once so magical is now something you're used to. 

Been over a year since I tripped. I'd probably get knocked on my ass at half the dose hah

Thank you all. I should mention all my ''mindfucks'' happened on 200µg or lower, not on the higher ones. I should also mention that I've only waited 7 days in-between trips these last times. Going to wait until the summer before I trip again. I will do 800µg I currently believe, but perhaps with all the waiting I will pussy out and do a lower dose for obvious reasons. With that said, I currently feel going lower than 600µg is a waste of acid, but that might be because of an accumulation of tolerance to the substance.

1 hour ago, steenadrianmr said:

I currently feel going lower than 600µg is a waste of acid, but that might be because of an accumulation of tolerance to the substance.

Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in my life. Most of my deepest trips have been with120-250µg. It's not a competition of how big of a dose you can take. If it's not tolerance (which it probably is), then it's your dealer is selling you weaker tabs. If you wait from now until summer for your next trip, 150-200 will be well well enough.    

@fridjonk

17 hours ago, fridjonk said:

If it's not tolerance (which it probably is), then it's your dealer is selling you weaker tabs.

I wouldn't be surprised if both are true. I KNOW obviously that I have tolerance to LSD at this point.

Also, I believe you helped me in one of my previous threads where I mentioned I had a bad trip as I met my grandfather. I will try to do a quick trip-report.

It was a fairly hot day here in Norway. The sun was shining. I thought about doing an acid trip as I had five tabs with 150µg on them and I have never had something I would deem a mystical experience. Not anything of significance anyways.

I had quickly done a meditation of about 20-30 minutes before doing the tab sublingually. I then asked myself what I wanted out of this and I wanted to experience an ego-death even though I currently thought it would be hard to achieve on such a dose. I've heard you need higher doses, but I presume it's different for each individual.

When I felt the come-up I laid down on my couch in my apartment (in the same house as my grandparents live. Different entrance points though) and I closed my eyes.

I tried to just observe what was going on as I am feeling this ''passive'' feeling on LSD, as if I am just there watching whatever arises. Just being would probably be a better term. 

After opening my eyes I quickly noticed the visuals are very intense and I am experiencing one of these ''mindfucks'', it's hard to string complete sentences together in my head and I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to talk coherently.

I get up and go for a small walk around the apartment to check out what things look like as I am EASILY distracted by the beautiful visuals one can get on acid.

Fast forward: at one point I can feel this thought of something isn't right creeping in. I had noticed that my grandfather's car is parked outside and it sure wasn't when I dropped the tab. I feel as if my thoughts are trying to avoid going into this negative spiral of ''shit's going to hit the fan soon.'' Because of this I decide to go outside and perhaps take a walk. When I open the door I just look at the entrance, my porch and have a quick look behind the door. And there he fucking is. He's walking towards me in his pants only, wearing sunglasses. Pure panic is what I am experiencing. Pure PANIC!

Because of this I slam the door shut, but didn't lock it as I thought that would be too suspicious. I then walk straight into the bathroom and lock the door while feeling this extremely heavy pounding on my chest. It feels as if my heart is doing 200 BPM and my breathing is extremely shallow. Luckily there never came a moment he walked through the door.

I can't fully remember all the details and timeline of what occured next, but when I was able to think semi-straight I went straight to my trip-killer (seroquel, quietiapine 25mg) and crushed it up. I snorted a little bit before quickly eating the rest as I was in panic-mode. Little did I think of that I should've snorted the whole thing as I had to wait 2 hours before coming down.

I remember cooking pasta bolognese during the trip. I remember my feet were twirling/vibrating during the trip. The vibrations often come whenever I do a trip, does anyone know why and what this is? I also remember running from room to room while thinking I am a ninja/kung fu warrior as it seemed I was sprinting in a perfect line relative to the walls and doors of the apartment. I remember thinking that I should be more in touch with my friends as I had pushed some of them away while doing harder drugs such as amphetamines, oxycodone, cocaine, methylphenidate.

With all of this said this is the most influential trip I have ever had, but I am afraid little was truly learnt from it as I went straight to my ex a couple of hours after I had landed. 

I'm not sure if I made myself understandable here, but I tried my best.

Thank you for making it this far if you did, thank you for your interest in helping a random dude on the internet and thank you all for being who you are on this amazing forum.

For those wondering and haven't fully picked it up in my previous thread, I am now sober (except for the psychedelics) and seeing a psychologist about my drug-abuse, the main one being hash. I might have a beer here and there as I enjoy them more now. I have also implemented a daily mindfulness routine starting small, but multiple times a day. I am also reading books which is nice. I have started taking the LPC more seriously and I am done with the values assessment passes. It's all on my OneNote.

Again, thank you for your attention. It's truly appreciated. Have a good day! Love.

Edited by steenadrianmr

@steenadrianmr Yeah maybe next time when you trip, don't do it under such uncertainty?. Set and setting are always a priority as you probably know by now. 

Woha!, the highest I have done are 200 µg and I get very profound trips. I found best 150 µg, but everyone has different tolerance levels. I would definitely wait at least a month before my next trip, 7 days for LSD  is to soon. I also get a lot of headspace with LSD, and very sharp focus. For me the most confusing one yet is 4-AcO-DMT, literally a mind fuck every time I try to go over 30 mg.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@fridjonk  I gotta say I was pretty certain at that point. Only in retrospect am I able to see that it was pretty stupid and impulsive idea. Before that experience, and now after these last trips to be perfectly honest I feel pretty cocky about psychedelics. I respect them, but not at the level I should. ''Oh, 200 mikes? Fuck yea I can handle that.'' I am more mindful of set and setting with that being said.

@reves I will definitely wait until the summer for my next trip. If all goes well I will go hiking with a tent. I absolutely LOVE nature and always have. I have never went for a good hike on psychedelics though, so this summer will be a great opportunity to try that out. With that said, if I know me it won't be just one trip, but several.

Psychedelics in general give me very sharp focus. They allow me to become more present than ever I'd rather say.

The only psychedelics I have tried in order are 2c-b, mushrooms and LSD. I have no idea what dose of mushrooms I administered as they were extracts pressed into pills (cambodian). I ate 6 at the highest dose, but about 3-4 on a couple occasions before that.

I also want to explore the DarkWeb more as I want to get a hold of different psychedelics. I know that there are vendors in Norway selling n,n-DMT, but I haven't seen any 5-MeO-DMT there. These are the ones I want to try the most as they sound radically eye-opening to me. Of course I am interested in a quick way to enloooytinment, but I don't believe they will be a magic pill. However I do believe they will give me a glimpse into the absolute and hopefully it will give me more motivation for me to start taking practice more seriously. As of now I am doing daily mindfulness meditations of 5-15 minutes here and there throughout the day.

Again, thank you for the replies! Have a great day.

@steenadrianmr So many trippers forget this:

LSD quickly degrades in quality if not stored properly, this means both you and the seller and the seller’s source. My 500ug trip lasted 22hr.

Also you’re tripping in a very careless manner, so don’t be surprised of little progress. Focus on fixing basic wounds before running the spiritual marathon.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

@MrDmitriiV I've always tried to be aware of the method of storing it.

I've always put it in aluminium foil in the fridge inside something that's light-proof. In the last case with the 3000µgs I put it inside a snus-box (Swedish Match Snus).

Also, I should write in this thread that my last few trips have really been about escape with spiritual progress coming in at a distant second. I've been half-assing it. I was more centered around listening to music.

For instance, the last trip I've done (Monday the 10th of February - 600µg) I laid down in bed listening to music (xxyyxx - dmt. Check it the fuck out next time you are tripping. ''Fields'' and ''About You'' I also liked very much by the same artist.) while getting an oily massage. I spaced the fuck out with my eyes closed which felt completely amazing. 

This last trip I also took a bong-hit at around the 5-6hr mark as I've got no tolerance to weed nowadays (had been smoking for 6 years, 3 daily) and for the first time it actually ''rocketed'' the trip as many have said it will. It felt as if I was peaking again, but with all the visuals turning green-ish for some reason. I don't know if that's because of the weed or if it's because that's how I unconsciously expected it to look.

Thank you!

Edited by steenadrianmr

@steenadrianmr From my experience, I’d recommend not owning this much psychedelics with you. When you have them around, it’s hard to neglect them, especially then you’re trying to escape ordinary life.

Consider doing a clean detox or whatever it’s called, just ged rid of all psychoactive substances for months, or even a year. That seems just about right in your case. I know it’s hard at first, but it’s actually easier in the long term. 

When I tripped on 500 I became fucking void, complete dissolution of everything, wouldn’t be able to listen to music on that much acid. So either you have tolerance or bad LSD (they say to store it in freezer, be careful to avoid condensation). Also with each trip it seems to be more powerful for me.

From how many different sources did you get the acid? If it’s the same, probably bad acid. If many different, probably you have tolerance. I had acid from 3 different sources, and all 3 have a slight difference to them. 1 was more visual, other more liquid and last felt like clouds/air. Still mostly the same, but slightly different.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

@MrDmitriiV Got all 3000 mikes from the same guy. I don't trust him. I gave him my car for the night as I was going to be tripping. Turns out he had been smoking weed in it, drifting with the handbrake and put loads of trash in it. Not only that, but he was supposed to get it for the night. Didn't get it back before the night after. Gave me silly excuses as ''I had to lend a hand to someone in an accident at the side of the road'' and such.

I won't buy more acid from him. I will probably get some sent up to where I live from down south in Norway, that way I know I get what I am asking for. 

Perhaps I'll be a lot safer by doing 300-400µg this summer as I really want to see what one of these larger doses are all about. The safest would of course be just doing 200µg or less.

Thank you all for your supportive and helpful answers. Again, it's truly appreciated.