ActuallyConfused

So what is Time?

21 posts in this topic

Is time an illusion? The past only appears in the present moment. The future only appears in the present moment. So, all I'm sure of is the present moment. And it seems like I'll always 100% only have the present moment. Intuitively, though, time feels like something. What is that feeling like? connection, or continuity? Am I creating time? What is eternity? How does this trace back to nothing? I guess I'm just curious about other people's understanding of time.

Meditating and contemplating on time alone enough can get you in deep territory, so keep doing it. A recurring theme for me is the paradox of flux existing in a timeless world, since in science, a non-zero finite interval of time is needed for anything to change. I could type insights I've had from previous mystical states, but those states are gone, and so typing them is not genuine. Neither does believing in anything help. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, ActuallyConfused said:

Is time an illusion? The past only appears in the present moment. The future only appears in the present moment. So, all I'm sure of is the present moment. And it seems like I'll always 100% only have the present moment. Intuitively, though, time feels like something. What is that feeling like? connection, or continuity? Am I creating time? What is eternity? How does this trace back to nothing? I guess I'm just curious about other people's understanding of time.

You can discover that time is being imagined by Infinite Consciousness aka God.    So it exists in the relative domain.  The Absolute is just nowness, isness, the present moment.  So time exists within the Absolute as something it is imagining.   Infinity or the Absolute is a shapeshifter so fundamentally it is nothing. 

Of course as always don't take anyone's word  or take this as a belief. Discover whats True for yourself.    The ultimate is to discover you are the whole thing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Mind and/or thought, is time. Where there is no mind,there is no time.This moment is not a "present" moment,"past"moment,or "future" moment , This moment is not a 'when" question. It is  a "where" question,because it is timeless. If you ask "when is this moment" or "when is this present moment",the mind and/or thought will say "it is now",which is the minds conception of this moment, and thus a time bound,thought representation of this moment.
This moment does not exist in the mind and is not relative to the thought/concept bound mind.

Inquiring within..."where" is this moment" or  "where" is this moment right now", it will point to it's timeless nature, and not the mind. What can know or be aware of the timeless is the timeless,therefore "you" and the timeless are not separate.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

Time is not an illusion.

Time illusion is time delusion, people playing mind games or because they don't understand existence at a fundamental enough level.

Time is simply just a measure of a change rate ("rate of change"), hence why consciousness itself and its perception of existence varies from person to person based on their unique computational change rate.

Edited by Raw Nature

Time, like any other concept, only exists due to the dualistic nature of reality.

Time is symbolic; i.e. relative. You'd need two points which you can compare with each other in order for you to comprehend time. With only the present moment, you cannot comprehend the past or the future. However, reality is both dualistic and non-dual. Which means that you can have the present moment alone, and you can also have something else besides it through your thoughts and imagination.

I sometimes like to think about time travel and how impossible it sounds.

It seems to me like if i wanted to travel back to yesterday for example,  i would have to have the data of how everything was yesterday saved somewhere like a system restore point in Windows and a machine that could somehow restore everything back to the way it was yesterday and it would serve no purpose because my brain would revert back to the same "settings" it had yesterday. 

I find it fascinating to think that everything is happening the only possible way it could be happening. Everything is changing as i'm typing this. Even if i thought everything could be happening differently that thinking would be what is currently happening.

I love when I break out of time and become the NOW. That moment is just amazing on it's own.

Mahadev

Time spelled backward is emit. It's a projection. Like a star "emits" light it seems to take time to get to us, assuming star= point A, earth = point B. If you cease to be separate from point B, do "light years" exist? Or is it a very abstract concept based on many assumptions? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Time is imagination constrained by self-concept.

Past is the analysis of the self in terms of its strengths, while future is the analysis in terms of its vulnerabilities.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 hours ago, ActuallyConfused said:

How does this trace back to nothing?

It’d require time to ‘trace back’. No time, no distance...then no “tracing back”...what’s perceived, is change. A separation between the perception of, and what is changing / what is perceived, can not be found. The separation between perception and perceived, can not be found. The separation between knowing perception, and perception, can not be found. For having inspected, this is ‘known’...what is known?....the Knowing itself known. By who? The knowing itself. So appearance of “change”, is actually No Thing, or, the “Nothing” “itself”, or, all that “is perceived”, “known”...is you, which is, knowing. What is known? Nothing. 

@mandyjw One of life’s many backwards questions.... “why the’ Nahm” ? Hard to say, but seems to first require to double you. There’s a tiny joke right in the middle too, I like to think, at least after the doubling. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  xDnahm mahn d Y W why double you? namaste fo real. faux real. Someone stop me. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Thought = self = psychological time = resistance to what is.

Different terms pointing to one and the same thing (mind).

Edited by robdl

Without memory, would there still be time, or just the infinite present? (;

Moving isness.....

Edited by SOUL

On 2/12/2020 at 10:25 PM, ActuallyConfused said:

I made a video on this, you may find something useful in it.

How long is the present moment? When does it stop being present? Did the present moment really just happen?

All stories and explanations are false.