youngshinzen

Career advice - anyone from Germany?

7 posts in this topic

Hey,

I want to work as a healer/psychotherapist/coach. Is anyone here from Germany and experienced in this career path or can give some advice on how to do the first steps?

I'm interested in people's experience with such a path, too.

Hi, I am from Germany and am persuing a similar direction.

The conventinal academic way would be studying medicine or psychology and after that specializing into becoming a therapist.

There is also alternative, none-academic career possibily called "Heilpraktiker" which is also more free and "new age / esotherical / alternative" than classical school medicine and psychotherapie.

@youngshinzen Do you have any interests, hobbies, passions etc? Like i want to do something similar to you. But i'm going to be a life coach, writer etc but through video games. So I'm combining my passion for gaming, competing etc with self actualization/enlightenment etc. I am going to try and heal the gaming community.

@youngshinzen @Girzo

Psychology is hard, not as hard as medicine I suppose but I don't know it really. It depends much on the course of studies (Studiengang) you choose. There are multiple and some of theme are more theoretical than others. And there is a lot of Statistic in Psychology (which I think is cool, but from the spare words that you wrote you are likely to don't like math). So be aware !!
While I think that university is certainly not that good, it's okay (if you know how to do it). The perk is that many people still believe in the title. Plus you don't need to be quick, which gives you plenty time to explore. For bot medicine and psychology you need excellent grades or luck (you can write your name on a list and every time one does not want to go to psychology your name can get drawn).

Another Path could be through Biology into Nutrition to Heilpraktiker..

As I think more about it.. As a Healer yu could be a Coach or Yoga Teacher as well. I guess Social Workers heal the Dynamics of groups. There are many bigger Youtube Channels dedicated for healing. Blogs like Leo Babauta.There are uncountable paths to heal people;)

Edited by supremeyingyang

@supremeyingyang I am studying management at the moment, I find a good course for someone planning to become a coach or yoga teacher too. I mean the quality of what they teach at the university is not high, but it's easy so I use the free time to go to work and listen to audiobooks. 

@Girzo

I do Yoga, but I don't teach it. I taught Kung Fu in the past. The best way to be a Yoga teacher is NOT certificates, but practice. If you can go to a seminar with a Yoga Master, i would benefit you of course.

I don't know much about Coaching.