Anton Rogachevski

Is Truth Absolutely Known or Absolutely Unknown?

84 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Preetom said:

I'm ded ><

deadicated? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The most important thing to remember is that every knowledge you'll ever have is merely a symbol, a representation of something else that isn't the symbol. In other words, knowing is always symbolic. To know something, you'd have to relate it to another thing by using something else which we call a symbol. For example; how do you know dogs? Because you've seen dogs earlier in your life. Before you've seen any dogs, the word 'dog' meant no more than the three letters themselves.

That being said; before you've 'known' anything at all, or after unknowing everything you've known, you'll end up with reality itself, without symbols, and without any other layers. That's what we call Absolute Truth. Of course, the term 'Absolute Truth' must be realised to be a pointer to the actual thing, which, by definition, must include the symbol itself and the associated meanings, if there's any.

Absolute Truth is Absolute Truth. It just is. That's the ultimate realisation.

Edited by Lento

9 minutes ago, Lento said:

Can I ever say that I've tasted sound or light?

I don't know if you can this, yet a human can taste sound or light. A couple ways come to mind.

-- In a condition called "synethesia", sensory information is processed such that our traditional definitions of senses break down. A person would have the subjective experience of tasting sound or light. A song by The Strokes may taste salty. . . For some people, psychedelics can induce a form of synethesia. As well, a mind can enter lucid states (while asleep or "day dreaming") in which sound or light is tasted.

-- We could also examine the boundaries of our categories of "sight", "taste", "hearing". Upon close inspection, these boundaries break down.

3 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Can anyone claim to know the absolute? 

3 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Perhaps in my opinion to claim that is antithetical to Truth.

If there’s a ‘twist’ the ‘untwist’ might be.... is meaning creating you, or are you creating meaning?  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Can anyone claim to know the absolute? 

only the absolute knows the absolute. being ultimately aware of that can bring anyone close to becoming the absolute but the trick is to not be the absolute - only then you can grasp what real knowledge is.

9 hours ago, mandyjw said:

know, now spelled backwards is "won"

Know spelled backwards is 'wonk'... which is defined as a person preoccupied with arcane details or procedures in a specialized field... ironically that's what this forum is filled with. haha

@Anton Rogachevski  This really does sound like something the ego would fixate on to obsess over instead of just accept presence of being.

17 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Anton Rogachevski  This really does sound like something the ego would fixate on to obsess over instead of just accept presence of being.

The reason I'm asking this is to be honest when asked about it. If I'm gonna talk about the Absolute and Love, and then asked how do I know it, am I supposed to play Zen master games and avoid answering or say I know?

27 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

The reason I'm asking this is to be honest when asked about it. If I'm gonna talk about the Absolute and Love, and then asked how do I know it, am I supposed to play Zen master games and avoid answering or say I know?

Ask you know what? You capitalized the words absolute and love as if this indicates it's something more than the common usage of the words..... that and the obsession with 'knowing' is just more ego fixation to distract from being present.

All that is confusion.

There is just cognitive truth.

Ant: Pig: Cat: Dog: Ape: Dolphin: Human: Orca Whale

(Yes, orca whales on average are actually smarter than humans on average - they have far more brain cells, we're more environmentally adaptable physically not mentally, only reason why they can't kick our ass)

We don't know truth outside of that other than saying they're related because when I use my hand to grab a cup my hand moves in the right direction, I feel the cup, its weight, see its colour and analyse its properties to the point of breaking it up and putting it back together again (depending on the cup) with relative accuracy.

Truth isn't relative though, absoluteness is a condition that describes its ability to exist at all, truth on Mars is the same as truth on Earth, the same for billions of light years away, there's just slight differences relative to unchanging underlying patterns that likely govern their existence because things at the physical level are transformative, so there's naturally going to be differences everywhere in order for many things to coexist simultaneously.

I actually think many dogs are smarter than some humans, even average humans.

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

the obsession with 'knowing' is just more ego fixation to distract from being present.

Or, the obsession with 'being present' is just more ego fixation to distract from knowing.

?

13 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

The reason I'm asking this is to be honest when asked about it.

That makes it easy. Just say, I don’t know. Otherwise, you’d be sharing / adding, a belief. Which I suppose if fine, if that’s your aim. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE