Onecirrus

I went to Mcdonald's 4 times today, HELP!!!

16 posts in this topic

I seriously have a fucking problem. Why isn't it stressed more in society how addictive this shit is? I have done actual drugs and found them far less addicting! Anyway, how do I maintain a decent diet?

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me", I think it's on YouTube.

You might never want to go to McDonald's again.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

McDonald's is worth a few hundred billion dollars. They have enough money to afford extensive research on what people like and what will get people hooked on their food. No wonder you have a hard time resisting. 

Remember: Getting off of stuff is a process that takes time. Be patient! Don't be too harsh on yourself. Remember to give yourself the space to make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up and give it some time. Decrease the rate at which you visit McDonald's slowly over time. It's about the small victories!

You don't have to resist the urge to eat at McDonald's 100% of the time. Even if you do it just once per day it's already a win. With some time you will get better at resisting the urge. It's like training a muscle in your brain that is dedicated to saying "no" to McDonald's.

I can get addicted pretty easily (runs in the family) so I know how hard it can be to deal with that kind of stuff.

Do you meditate? I can highly recommend mindfulness meditation as it can help you with dealing with urges. (talking from experience)

I don't know if it helps, but I'll send some positive vibes your way! I wish you the best with your problem! You can find the strength you need within you!

Peace!

beep boop

Eat as much McDonald's as you want while being mindful and you'll naturally realize in time that you don't want that in your diet. It's not enough that your mind realizes it. Your body has to realize it too.

How do you feel after eating it?

Watch this (includes an actual example with a hamburger):

This is the issue with food addiction and obesity, nobody realizes it's not just people who want to be lazy and eat shit, the industry is made to get hooked. I'd say you need to deal with this addiction, Leo has some videos but there are many ways to overcome an addiction. Either go cold turkey or ween yourself off slowly depending on your personality type. 

Also, replace this habit with a much better habit. It's easier to keep up healthy eating and exercise when you have a goal/ reason, this will help ingrain the habit. Maybe, join a sports team or sign up for a walk/ race, or start the Gym, so you have some reason to force yourself to eat healthily, and then as it becomes a habit it will be second nature. 

I was fat as a kid and still have addictive tendencies to junk food, so I simply don't buy it ever. I'd also say meal prepping healthy food/ pre-planning what food you're going to eat for the week can really help, so you know you won't be starving.  

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nahm Seen it. Maybe I'll watch it again. It's just so convenient in the 9 to 5 rat race. You don't even think about what you're doing to yourself until hours later, then I can feel my body mind and soul degrading.

Salutations OneCirrus,

10 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

I seriously have a fucking problem.

Maybe it's just a lack of options, or an impression of it.  There's excellent food in vegetarian places that beats McD's offer IMO, personally i certainly appreciate 2 Libanese franchises as Amir and Basha near my location (in Québec),  i'd be surprized you can't try something equivalent.  It's "fast" too and i'll never regret my 1st time while i keep thinking of the next...

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

1 hour ago, Onecirrus said:

It's just so convenient in the 9 to 5 rat race. You don't even think about what you're doing to yourself until hours later, then I can feel my body mind and soul degrading.

Meal prep on Sundays. Google meal prep and find something that inspires you plan a grocery trip and don't leave room for temptation. Even if you're eating peanut butter sandwiches with 100% whole wheat bread everyday, you're further ahead than McDonalds. And making a sandwich takes way less time (not to mention money) than going through the drive through, seriously. 

Also buy a bunch of raw nuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. Leave them in your car or at work when you get hungry if you need a meal replacement for when you haven't prepared ahead of time. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me", I think it's on YouTube.

You might never want to go to McDonald's again.

& then go watch super high me, and start weed !

1 hour ago, SickLuv said:

& then go watch super high me, and start weed !

but weed gives you munchies and so he will be back at McDonalds again, a strange loop, tadaaa

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I have been there before. I gained 60lbs pretty rapidly. My life was kind of falling apart at the time and was pretty close to being homeless a few times. 

First of all I would start by trying to just switch yourself over to having a supply of food in your car. Even if it is junk. Because to be honest about anything is better than fast food. If you can load your car up with organic nuts, dried fruits, and other good natural items. These will help you a lot with feeling healthier. 

I was able to cut it out completely because I was tired of making myself sick with it. It is really unfortunate that it is an option of food to eat. You are going to have to make an active habit of keeping enough food on you to avoid it. Does your office have a microwave or anything else close by that you could eat instead? 

In terms of convenience when busy, a large slow cooker is great. It's super easy. Just chop up a bunch of veggies, beans, fish, meats etc. You can get a week's worth of meals in 1hr. prep time. And it's hard to screw up. I suck at a cooking and often dump a bunch of random stuff in the cooker - it always seems to come out ok. 

Another option is a healthy fast food option. Places like Subway and Qdoba offer much healthier options than McDonalds.

As well, avoid high-fructose drinks. They are super addicted and unhealthy. 

You need to adjust your taste buds to nutrient dense, healthy foods without anything processed. Organic and whole. Clean out your gut, exercise, fast daily for at least 12 hours and eventually Mcdonalds will taste like shit to you (your body will start to realize how processed and dead that food is) 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Buy yourself some nuts and maybe honey to snack on. They are delicious and healthy. I often eat like three rice cakes with honey before going out with friends and it's so much easier not to look at the fast-food after having eaten something so tasty.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:39 PM, Onecirrus said:

I seriously have a fucking problem. Why isn't it stressed more in society how addictive this shit is? I have done actual drugs and found them far less addicting! Anyway, how do I maintain a decent diet?

Yes, realize the problem and put in action a way to correct it. I also have a problem, I started a thread too. I've stopped all sweets and junk foods recently and replaced with normal food and healthy (veggie) food, as well as 16 hr fast a day. 

You may feel sick at first. I did, but doesn't last but a few days.

And, to me, sweets are like crack!!!

?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?