Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nevillizer

Specific questions answered during 5-meo or AL-LAD trips?

6 posts in this topic

I've seen a couple of 5-meo trip reports on Youtube where the trippers claimed to have had specific questions answered during the trip. They didn't elaborate on what the questions and answers were, but one girl said it wasn't like Ayahuasca where you are told generic stuff like "we are all one". It was very specific and personal to her. Just wondering if anyone else here has had very specific questions, pertinent to their own lives and circumstance, which were answered during a 5-meo or AL-LAD trip, and how did the answer reveal itself? I'm particularly curious about the point in the trip where it came about, considering with 5-meo, the ego dissolves and you lose touch with being a distinct personality with a body and a life, etc.

Edited by Nevillizer

@Nevillizer I've had similar experiences on low-moderate doses of 5-meo. Yet, I wouldn't refer to it as having a pre-formed question answered. It's not like I went into the trip asking "How can I lucid dream better?" and then that was specifically answered like "Do the nose blowing reality check 10 times a day". . . . Others may have that type of relationship with 5-meo, but not me. . . I would lean toward your usage of the term "reveal". It's like stuff is revealed that I was not aware of. I didn't have any questions about "x" because I was unaware of "x". At a human level, to me it feels like my consciousness is expanded. In terms of SD, we could say going from Orange/Green to Yellow/Turquoise. Or going from the level of ant consciousness to human consciousness. An ant is incapable of coming up with human-level questions.

Other imagery I would use is: imagine living within a city your whole life. Fully immersed in the hustle and bustle of the city. Then one day, for the first time, you go to a mountain top. This would give an entirely different perspective. Stuff will be revealed at this meta view that could be applied to the city view - yet it's not like a city-level question was answered.

For me, any question I come up with at the human level is very limited at a trans-human level. It would be like an elementary school student that becomes a university calculus professor on 5-meo. Any question the elementary school student comes up with becomes trivial. For example, the student may ask "In the equation 2X = 4, what does 'x' equal?". Once reaching the level of a university calculus professor, this question becomes so trivial that it would likely dissolve - there are bigger fish to fry.

At higher 5-meo doses, the whole "me" dissolves. Being human dissolves. So questions like "What is my life purpose?" and "how can I help humanity?" becomes irrelevant, because there is no "me" to have a "life purpose" and humans would have no more significance than a colony of ants on some random island. 

At lower doses, there is still a sense of a character called "me", yet it is completely detached and dis-identified. This can allow for meta view insights. For example, at one time there was some friction in one of my relationships. A completely detached and dis-identified meta view offered a lot of clarity about "me", "her" and "us". Not intellectual. Energetics.

There is one question on the human level I did repeatedly ask and got an implicit answer. Through daily 5-meo use, there became continuous stretches of thoughtless consciousness (stretches of 4-6 hours without a thought). It was a very different relationship with reality. Yet the mind would drift back at times and thoughts would return. I could clearly see attachment / identification / immersion with thoughts. So, my question was "how can I access these thoughtless states of consciousness without 5-meo? How can I stop thinking?". . . As mentioned above, at transcendent states this question dissolved - it didn't even make sense. . . Yet, when "I" started to "return", I noticed a window of opportunity to ask the question. As soon as "me" and thinking started to re-appear, I paid close attention to the re-appearence of thoughts and the mechanisms of attachment/identification and asked "how can I let go / stop this?". . . This is one of the fundamental questions / states that people pursue through meditation for years and decades. Thousands of hours of meditation. . . Could I learn to do it here and now in a matter of minutes. . . My question was rebuked over and over - and then there was a reluctant answer. Almost like a higher consciousness sighing and saying "ok, I'll give you a hint". Then I was given a hint how to consciously do it. Thinking disappeared and it was like "see? that's how you do it". In a way, I was like "ooohhh, so that's how it is" another part of me was like "wait a minute, can you explicitly explain that??". . . 

Any psychedelic can answer any of your questions if you use it long enough and in the proper ways with clear intent for getting an answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Smaller doses are more suited to catalyzing the answers to concrete and specific life questions. Larger doses of psychedelics will tend to smash the details to oblivion and make them seem totally irrelevant.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

17 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Works the same way without psychedelics.

True, but the psychedelic can really speed things along.

Turtle vs cheeta

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks for all the answers everybody. Kind of what I was expecting but wanted clarification.

Especially appreciate the detailed insights from @serotonininluv. Interesting that there was a "reluctant answer" and then only a hint. Was daily use of 5-meo at micro levels? That sounds insanely bold to be taking it at full dose every day! :)