Derek White

Update On Jordan Peterson, In ‘Absolute Hell’

51 posts in this topic

From a holistic perspective JP is an extremely important speaker to have in our culture, it allows more intelligent people to come fourth that share alternate perspectives to challenge him. What makes JP so important outside some of his great lectures is his openness to critique in so far as he's challenged by intelligent people. We fail with every decrease in intelligence and open mindedness.

Society can only survive so long at a low average level of intelligence before things start to implode on themselves as a result of demographics moving much further ahead. Such a society relies on low openness to survive because too much openness without the intelligence to synthesise all the ideas leads to at least some kind of corruption, this is why conservatism is highly adaptive up to a certain point, however if that noted demographic is culturally impoverished while simultaneously having access to technologies they haven't psychologically earned this is when problems begin to quickly emerge for the lower classes.

It's the kind of corruption that can only be battled by trying to maximise focus on intelligent open minded thinkers to show a new way and avoid the inevitable catastrophe that will result from that tech culture. JP has an incredible mix of characteristics that make him very important then as it concerns being on the negotiation lines where he can act as a portal for the generation of change on both sides.

Intelligent liberalism, not liberalism, is the only way.

I am conservative in many ways simply because our culture isn't ready for liberalism, this is why liberalism is not something you implement its something we earn as a collective as a consequence to many of its defective characteristics that we'll need to avoid.

There's a reason why liberalism has a lot of backlash, engineering needs to be established to ensure the least possible damage in the search for any enlightenment as a consequence to moving more to the right.

Many, many dangerous people exist on both sides. We ought to individually figure out who they are and ignore them or at a minimum study them to know what to avoid.

Edited by Raw Nature

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Life can get very challenging sometimes no matter how developed or spiritual you are.

This is at odds with Sadhguru helping his wife achieve mahasamadhi.

From what I know, high dose benzo withdraw is a brutal thing and can be life threatening.

Its easy to assume it is psychosomatic. What if the reverse is the case.

Edited by Yog
Deleted links, not that usefull.

5 hours ago, Socrates said:

This is at odds with Sadhguru helping his wife achieve mahasamadhi.

No it isn't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

will the fact that he was helped in a russian clinic change anything about his world view? i was wondering how and if these experiences might change him. he basically went through a dark night of the soul. kind of interesting despite it being probably one of the most challenging experiences in life. no one wishes anybody else to have to go through. i‘m not very familiar with him so i am also not much more affected then with the people who didn’t get the chance to recover from partially heavy addictions.

Edited by remember

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you get a serious disorder that traditional medicine cannot cure, you'll turn to alternative treatments too.

No, I won't.

You don't appreciate how serious these issues can be and how many disorders traditional medicine only makes worse.

And does alternative medicine make them better?

It's easy to take your health for granted when you're young and it comes effortlessly to you.

No, my health did not come effortlessly to me.

I have a chronic illness. For more than a decade, I tried virtually all the alternative methods. In the end, they were nothing but placebo. I would feel better for a while, but sooner or later the illness would come back (oftentimes even stronger).

I used to hold many silly and conspiratory beliefs about Western medicine. And only when I finally turned towards it was I able to control my illness. There is no cure, but there is control.

Alternative medicine usually make very bold promises, but offers no evidence that it actually works. It gives false hopes to people.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" -- Carl Sagan

15 hours ago, kieranperez said:

For those using developmental models of psychological development (which are abstract conceptual generalizations of individuals, collectives/cultural memes), you are merely projecting your own ignorance on a man you don’t know. 

How about we express some compassion for a human being whose been going through hell rather than express petty likes and dislikes that have everything to do with mind and ego? If you’re going to try and critique, pick apart, ridicule, and delegitimize every person based on their stage of development than you’re wasting your time. Jordan Peterson is actually a very healthy Orange modernist and makes and has very useful points and perspectives on some of the problems in the world. If your case is that “well he’s just an orange rationalist who thinks logic is supreme and has no idea about God,” what exactly is the point you’re trying to make? That enlightened people are the only people worth listening to? Newsflash, the more developed you are, the more capable you are of making bigger mistakes. The more developed you are, the more capable you are of both benevolence and also malevolence. A Turquoise ashram leader who hasn’t done any shadow work is more capable of harm than a Magenta (purple) tribesman who hunts with sticks. A truly conscious person in practice is able to really learn from Peterson and appreciate the fact that he’s actually very integrated person for his altitude of development given the amount of shadow work he’s clearly done. He highlights very big real problems of both Green and Blue. Those points are worth listening to. Take what is useful, toss the rest and have compassion for another human being that’s going through hell. The odds of people who are not in the public light, not to mention how much of the public light he’s under, to handle criticism as well has he has is so extraordinarily low it would baffle you. I highly suggest to forum users that it’s wise to really appreciate, learn, integrate, and the value all the different stages of development. 

Omg, talk about butthurt! Lol

10 hours ago, tsuki said:

I believe that this is the case.

Why so?

8 hours ago, Raw Nature said:

Intelligent liberalism, not liberalism, is the only way.

What's the difference between those two?

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 You really do have people that just want free shit and want to give away free shit without proper thoughts about the consequences of that.

The only danger is people lack breadth, depth and range of view (long term future) combined with moral development.

There's only a very small percentage of people on the right that would suit this requirement which would be able to propose and instill changes adequately, everyone else succumbs to all sorts of cognitive problems (moral and otherwise).

Belief is only one aspect of change, you can believe all the right things that are possible to believe but if you don't have the resources to follow those beliefs, internal or otherwise, many of those beliefs can become damaging.

Leo's videos are a great example, there's many people who would watch his videos that are simply not ready to hear some of his material but if they think they are, then they hurt themselves and maybe even others if they come back saying "hey I followed your material and got hurt". Now the rest of the class in school is held back (if that affects Leo's video creation) because a small percentage of people didn't do their homework and so can't understand the next set of material.

Edited by Raw Nature

@kag101 And there's just so much more to it than that as well, I'd really need to sit down and write out all the problems on the right to really give an adequate synopsis of all the issues (from group identity politics to environmental amendments). There's a large demographic of people that are misinformed and misinforming others on all these kinds of topics, its crazy cultural warfare. But its not even strategic warfare really, they don't have those capabilities.

Edited by Raw Nature

I am sorry to hear of his misery. I never heard of him before a month ago when I awoke to him on my wall ( like I did to Leo on my wall in Oct.) I liked his 12 Rules and loved the lobster dominance hierarchy. So I have been confused by the dis-ing he gets on this forum.

When I started teaching little kids 30 years ago, I never had time to pursue much of anything in popular culture or on the internet. That's hard to believe but I had a lot of personal interests and teaching school requires one to work long into the night and on weekends preparing lessons and a myriad of other things to make the hours with the students effective. Who the fuck is Jordan Peterson to y'all.

I'm in this bizarre time warp. Has it always been this way? Will it always be this way? Yes and yes. We pick our manifestations. 

Autoimmune Diseases are making me crazy. People who I care hugely about are living lives that are dominated by types of autoimmune diseases. I will get to the bottom of this. I do not get sick. I have this intuition that people who 'act out' do not get autoimmune diseases as much as people who internalize their pain. And maybe a certain kind of ego fear makes one susceptible. So just as a prophylactic in case I am right, STOP BEING AFRAID. There is nothing to fear. STOP IT! NOW! AND STOP HAVING SO MANY OPINIONS. ALL THOSE OPINIONS ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU SICK!

5 minutes ago, Rebecca Kalamata said:

STOP BEING AFRAID. There is nothing to fear. STOP IT! NOW! AND STOP HAVING SO MANY OPINIONS. ALL THOSE OPINIONS ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU SICK!

Autoimmune disorders are way more complicated than that.

A lot of it has to do with a lifetime of toxins and poor diet.

That makes sense.

Doesn't really fit my personal people; my sister -  Susac's Syndrome, my mother - Parkinson's (both American) my goddaughter - (mysterious/undiagnosed other than autoimmune) Greek/Mediterranean diet.

It's complicated. 

The devil in me tells me that beneath all the complication, I'm on to something and that poor diet and toxins are major risk factors. But hey. it's just my opinion.

Edited by Rebecca Kalamata

9 minutes ago, Socrates said:

What can go wrong with the great carnivore diet?

Hehe..nothing... can't keep me from a good steak ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

He will be back and fit as a fiddle. 

Nothing to worry

All he needs to do is fix his yellow teeth that he flashed during Livestreaming. :D9_9

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I swear I thought he had psychedelic teeth.

@Preety_India

The meaning of life is simple, become a myth that shows others what's possible so that they can achieve the same thing and ideally beyond so that they too can become a myth to extend humanity forward.

This is why Leo's and Jordan's highest potential is so important to achieve as much as they're able to. They are like a lighthouse, showing the way of what other people can achieve. They become like Jordan says, from myths to dragons that others need to slay to move into the unknown realms that they were yet to contend with to bring back as a source of wisdom to enlighten the purpose of others existence.

All flames go out, while you're alight, roar as loudly as possible so that others can see how to escape the Amazon.

This feedback loop has existed since the dawn of time, ancestors learning from other ancestors passing on wisdom to content with the forces of nature a little bit better than the previous generations. We must remember the wisdom of both our ancestors and those that are pushing the limits in their lives so that we can not think of the past in vain.

This is the real purpose of celebrity by the way (which Hollywood has unfortunately bastardised because peoples subconscious minds see these actors do unimaginable feats which falsely classes them as a celebrity because the brain wants to figure out who it should be following so that it can reach its full potential) at a genetic level, its to be a lighthouse for others.

This is why people like Leo, Jordan, David Goggins, Jason Silva, Noam Chompsky, Terrence Mckenna, Stefan Molyneux, Alan Watts, Carl Jung, Nietzsche, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Jacque Fresco, Peter Joseph, Elon Musk, Aristotle are the real celebrities and Hollywood is the false celebrity misleading the mass of the populations that makeup Earth.

Edited by Raw Nature

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A lot of it has to do with a lifetime of toxins and poor diet.

Gulp :/

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

What can go wrong with the great carnivore diet?

Yea, he's been a carnivore since April 2018. It seems it has helped his family and many others tremendously. Joe Rogan has also endorsed it.  

@Serotoninluv Considering your expertise in the area of genetics, what do you think about the all carnivore diet?

Here's a video of his daughter: 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

2 hours ago, Raw Nature said:

This is why Leo's and Jordan's highest potential is so important to achieve as much as they're able to. They are like a lighthouse, showing the way of what other people can achieve.

If Leo lives forever that would be more than enough for me. 

For me only Leo is the lighthouse. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

There is only one source of light in the universe, and that is YOU.