Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chives99

Intuition

4 posts in this topic

Thinking about leo's recent video on my own experiences with flirting, i remember back in college i had a coursemate that was just a friend whom was quite sweet on me in the beginning but some other guy swooped in their first, I had other options so i was kinda meh about it, fast forward like 6 months the guy whom it was his first girlfriend started receiving attention from other women and wanted to experience that so that ended and he broke up with her ( i mean she did kinda rush it and trap him into a relationship very quickly so i think i'd of done the same) I grabbed her interest again (unintentionally) when I myself started talking in the group of my fascination of psychology and personal development topics and she related that to her own experiences, "you're so inspirational" I remember sharing a video on facebook about 'the shocking truth about paradigms' by the man leo himself and the NEXT DAY  in environmental law class my lecturer whom knew i was fascinated by philosophy was like in "the field of science we have whats called paradigm shift." I was only half listening and the lecture was like" whats a paradigm charlie" and im like " oh its a model of reality".  which further seemed to impress her, not like i was even trying.

The intuition aspect to this is about how we both realised we liked each other when nothing was said, on a college trip at the pub i went and sat across from her and just asked about herself and her face just lit up like a christmas tree, the group we were with was teasing because they knew i was a shy guy and said "would you shag charlie" she muttered  a coy quiet no but you don't want to seem like a slag and have to save face.

Back at college she was with our group and i smiled at her , she smiled back , i increased my smile , she increased back, i increased again she did again until we're both just full on smiling at each other and she was blushing uncontrollably.  I never researched much on intuition but in that moment it was just like an absolute unspoken confirmation we were both into each other, its like a force of nature, i didnt have to do anything as I was just expressing who i was and mother nature took care of the rest.

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

The real question is, are you going to do anything about it? It's great to hypothesize about "if it's intuition" and "if there's some sort of spark between you two" but until you actually approach her and find out for yourself, you're just daydreaming. 

@Dlavjr  this was years ago we went out for 9 months but then she went to do an MA Degree abroad and i dont do long distance , we were already friends for a few months but when she was single its just happened, it felt right , im usually a shy guy and dont always get many opportunities but in that moment I just knew we had a spark

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

2 hours ago, Chives99 said:

@Dlavjr  this was years ago we went out for 9 months but then she went to do an MA Degree abroad and i dont do long distance , we were already friends for a few months but when she was single its just happened, it felt right , im usually a shy guy and dont always get many opportunities but in that moment I just knew we had a spark

My mistake. I agree on long distance not being a good idea. Sometimes things just fall into place for a time though, let that experience be a reminder to just go for things. Moments like that happen and often times people spend too much time analyzing what should be done about it rather than actually experiencing it. I've been in that situation before where women liked me but I was so used to being turned away that I hesitated, and by the time I gathered courage and opened up I'd lost my chance. Happens with jobs, too. Self esteem goes a long way.