Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barna

For those of you who have died a few times

9 posts in this topic

It's weird, isn't it? You've died a few times and you came back. You were Infinity, God, Everything and Nothing and all of that at the same time. 
You felt like everything has changed. And it did, on the inside. But at the same time, externally everything remained the same. You still make mistakes, you still have arguments with people. You're analyzing these events in retrospect and you don't understand how could it have happened. 
You're totally fearless in your soul, and even in your thoughts. But when it comes to action, the conditioning takes the driver seat.
You still meditate because it feels good. And sometimes you can have deeper meditations and deeper insights than ever before. But at the same time, you feel stuck. You've had your great spiritual experiences and you've realized that getting more of those won't really give anything helpful to you this time. So you're not a seeker anymore. But you're not a master yet, you still act out your conditioning.

When I'm talking about you, I'm obviously talking about myself. I think I've found a way, and I'm writing it down now for the first time.

Everybody is on a different stage of development. Some people still need to do some shadow work, still need to face their deepest fears. But have you noticed that whenever you look directly into your fear, it just disappears? It's pretty hard to do shadow work when the object of your observation keeps disappearing... :D  Yeah, it's because you and I don't really have fears anymore, we just act like we're afraid. It's just a conditioned reaction.
If you sincerely look into the depth of your being, you can see that fear doesn't have a root there anymore. So if you can sincerely say that deep down you're not afraid, then basically the only thing you have to do is to bring this fearlessness out into the manifested world through sincerity. So for us, sincerity might be one way to become the masters of life that we were always meant to be.

Sincerity has some helpful implications. First of all: it silences the mind. Now that you had some non-dual experiences, you know that reality cannot be described by any thought. Therefore, no thought is a totally sincere thought. 
And of course, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't think or say anything for the rest of your life. Committing to sincerity silences mostly the unnecessary thinking. And if you're sincere with yourself, you'll know which kind of thinking is unnecessary. :) 

Sincerity also affects emotions. Whenever you feel down, you can ask yourself: is it necessary for me to feel this way right now? The sincere answer to this question would be "No" or something similar, but you might have to wait for it a minute or two. Sincerity says that whatever is, is. Whatever is happening, that is the Truth. This realization can be very helpful for your emotions to stop opposing reality.

If sincerity would mean that you always "have to" say the truth, then it would be a too simplistic rule that is unfit for the complexity of everyday situations. In some situations, you won't tell someone the whole truth, and that's okay, this doesn't mean that you've failed. You can always sincerely admit to yourself that in that particular situation you weren't able to tell the truth. This is still better than lying to yourself about your own sincerity.

Sincerity and seeing Truth are also useful for developing your attitude towards life. Everything that happens is true, that is the Truth of life. Any judgment towards life, whether you think that the events in your life are good or bad, fair or unfair, or any kind of judgment like this is irrelevant to the Truth of life. Whatever happens, happens, and whatever happens, that is the Truth. Mental concepts like "should" or "could" are just artificial illusions, these will never be truer than what's already happening. Mental arguments will always be irrelevant compared to the Truth of life. So is the arguing with life really necessary? :)  

For me, sincerity feels like a flow. It feels like stepping into the current of life and letting it take me, rather than resisting it. It's a bit deeper than a thought or an emotion. It's more like an attitude of willingness towards whatever is happening. It's like my will becomes in tune with life's will. Like, whatever happens, it is exactly how I want it to happen because it's the Truth of life, so it's also the Truth of my being. I was hoping that I can transmit this to you. Did you get it? :) 

I will do my best to answer sincerely to any question you might ask

I absolutely agree with everything you've said but only because I recognize that my journey is has not ended, at all. There are peak experiences, and then there is embodiment of what you experience into your daily life.

I might be a dreamer, but I like to think that embodying it is having a gun pointed at you and actually don't feel any fear (although, of course, I imagine basic fear response in the body will still happen). If you do, then the ego in the inside still believes it story. Still is not consciouss. I guess this level of achievement is very high, but this doesn't mean that you won't be at peace even if you haven't reach this level. It's just a goal to keep silencing the mind more and more and let the Truth shine light into the dark delusion of the separate self.

@Barna Beautifully written and I agree totally. Sincerity is the way. As we go deeper and deeper the sincerity either is there or it is not. Either sincerity get you deeper or comfortability will get you stuck. It's fine either way, no chooser to decide whether to go deeper or not when we are that far into it.

Edited by WelcometoReality

"it's because you and I don't really have fears anymore, we just act like we're afraid." - really made something click, thank you.

Reminded me of a Ken Wilber quote: "The truth won't necessarily set you free, but truthfulness will"

Have a good day.

Ive always thought if you bullshit yourself then what others believe is irrelevant as you've already done the damage to yourself

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

On 2/9/2020 at 6:54 PM, Gili Trawangan said:

Very nice, thanks for the share. I can definitely relate to what you wrote. 

Thank you. I'm hearing it less and less from people that they can relate to me :D 

Advanced issues found

?
On 2/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Javfly33 said:

I might be a dreamer, but I like to think that embodying it is having a gun pointed at you and actually don't feel any fear (although, of course, I imagine basic fear response in the body will still happen). If you do, then the ego in the inside still believes it story. Still is not consciouss. I guess this level of achievement is very high, but this doesn't mean that you won't be at peace even if you haven't reach this level. It's just a goal to keep silencing the mind more and more and let the Truth shine light into the dark delusion of the separate self.

This is one reason why I ride a motorbike. It's like having a gun pointed at me every day. I don't understand how is it even legal. :D 
But it's great for reminding me of the impermanence of a human life. 
And I think when it's a life and death situation, you won't have time to be afraid. :) 

On 2/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, WelcometoReality said:

It's fine either way, no chooser to decide whether to go deeper or not when we are that far into it.

I haven't gone that deep with my investigations related to the freedom of choice. But it's definitely worth a meditation from my side. Thank you! :) 

10 hours ago, loub said:

"it's because you and I don't really have fears anymore, we just act like we're afraid." - really made something click, thank you.

Reminded me of a Ken Wilber quote: "The truth won't necessarily set you free, but truthfulness will"

Have a good day.

I'm glad I could help. This is a beautiful quote from Ken indeed, I love his work. :) 

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Good stuff sir. I agree.

Thank you, sir! :D 

4 hours ago, Chives99 said:

Ive always thought if you bullshit yourself then what others believe is irrelevant as you've already done the damage to yourself

Then drop the bullshit! :D 
Can you really damage yourself? Are you a form that can be hurt or damaged in any way?

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Barna Beautifully said. ??

Thank you ??

Edited by Barna