arlin

Why is there no free will? Why does god allow this?

34 posts in this topic

Reality is nondual there is nothing separate to have free will, you can look at from two different perspectives that essentially mean the same thing either you exist and control everything inside and outside of your skin or you don't exist and control nothing, whats important is that you see there is no separation everything is happening just like when dreams occur without a controller. 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

@Chives99 basically, if i don't have a direct experience of this, all of what you said is just speculation and armchair philosophy. But i recognize this

This is why some meditation techniques are not taught outside supervised environments where a teacher can guide you if you fall into these traps. Self-inquiry can be quite dangerous.

It's all nice and dandy until the Dark Night of the Soul. This kind of Spiritual work is not like learning how to play the piano, it's learning how to fly a plane, with no simulation.

The teacher would be the co-pilot who can take over control when you make a mistake or have guided yourself into a situation that is dangerous. Alone, realize that there is a very real chance that you will die. You could equally put yourself into a position where even a teacher will not be able to guide you out of it.

Glory to Israel

@arlin ive had temporal experiences of no self before , until the ego made a recurrence, it proper freaks you out to begin with, i can't think of anyway else to describe it than other than you're just 'gone' the mind desperately scrambles to define itself, but it can't theres nothing there and then you realise that you never lost anything because something that isn't there cant be lost

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

If we are all Source, and all infinite, then all possibilities exist within, and are available to, us. Hence, freewill is one of those 'possibilities' available to choose or not choose. You either choose to have it or you don't choose and let outer events and others make decisions for you. Even letting others make decisions is your choice, so in actuality, you have freewill every step of the way. Freewill is Source delighting in "surprising" itself.

Free will is simply the prefrontal cortex, that's it and because most peoples PFC is defective most people don't have free will.

Free isn't meant in the absolute sense, it simply means in terms of a persons cognitive range of motion, improve your cognitive range of motion and you'll improve your free will.

Its really not a complicated topic, most people are just missing a few key ingredients to see the simplicity of it.

Its a great model for realising the importance of delaying gratification, enhancing strategic thinking and long term planning. With training someone will only improve these kinds of ranges of motion overtime.

Honestly everyone that I interact with in the spiritual community online and the information given from the old recorded generalized teachings(aka anti spiritual probably) has reinforced the ultimate duality in language using ego/disconnection/separation into something that's really easy to fear and unhealthily separate from not all people's spiritual journey actually needs such an obsessive focus over ego/oneness duality we should just try to fully enjoy our separation/ego/denial; denial is a form of play when (you)/(I) as both players in a game agree to fight with all that it is involved since both players are accepting their own and the other's denial(which I know in and of itself is a self conceptualized form to have 2 players and not all one and blah blah blah) but just relax and all basic elements have "ego" which really just means rules/boundaries/physics I assume most people's real confusion with the ego stuff is because their conceptualization of separation starts from a social construct and gets built/redefined from there as opposition to a more autistic starting point of neutrality where even numbers/rocks have personalities/color/auras and then actually built into the social reality

@seriousman24 Its probably a cognitive problem.

I see the interconnection between self and the universe perfectly fine.

Second to that then its an experiential processing problem, meaning not enough reflection on the patterns of experience.

Thirdly, its a cognitive fluidity problem.

What I mean by the third is not something that people are generally familiar with respect to this term but they'll understand what I mean, all it infers is that there's so much content that's moving around in peoples minds that this leads to a cognitive illusion which creates a separation between self and other as a result of being attached to that content.

When someone is flooded with content, and this content is being fueled by primarily a relationship between the reptilian and limbic system at the cost of the prefrontal cortex, the person is screwed and will never have any long lasting understanding of the relationship between self and the unending interconnectedness of reality.

This third aspect is where meditation comes in.

Meditation leads to transmutation of those contents because they still popup for the person but what emerges is an awareness of the content as separate from the ever flowing consciousness, this leads to the transmutation process shifting from subconscious to a conscious recognition followed by its natural necessity.

Edited by Raw Nature

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

This is why some meditation techniques are not taught outside supervised environments where a teacher can guide you if you fall into these traps. Self-inquiry can be quite dangerous.

It's all nice and dandy until the Dark Night of the Soul. This kind of Spiritual work is not like learning how to play the piano, it's learning how to fly a plane, with no simulation.

The teacher would be the co-pilot who can take over control when you make a mistake or have guided yourself into a situation that is dangerous. Alone, realize that there is a very real chance that you will die. You could equally put yourself into a position where even a teacher will not be able to guide you out of it.

i Agree 100%

7 hours ago, Chives99 said:

@arlin ive had temporal experiences of no self before , until the ego made a recurrence, it proper freaks you out to begin with, i can't think of anyway else to describe it than other than you're just 'gone' the mind desperately scrambles to define itself, but it can't theres nothing there and then you realise that you never lost anything because something that isn't there cant be lost

Well, kinda like depersonalization i think.

12 hours ago, arlin said:

@Serotoninluv @Inliytened1 @Nahm Really really beautifull explanations and insights that will serve in the future, when i will dive deep into spiritual work. 

Thank you guys all!!!! :)

What is it you’re doing here, now? 

Notice the tendency toward the thinking, such as this thread, away from feeling.

That is the very perpetuation of suffering. In the sense, suffering is the avoidance, of feeling. It’s the “there’s a monster in the closet”...which sucks, and continues to be the experience. Unless of course, you look in the closet. Then you find laughter, because there’s no such thing as monsters, or suffering. The closet is empty, and feels wonderful. Imo, the word “closet” if you will, is interchangeable with, “depersonalization”. Again, just in my opinion...that’s all that is transpiring here. If you take that label away, and look, no more “depersonalization”, and no more suffering.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I also experienced panic attacks after an awakening @arlin  It was extremely scaring to me that I went to the hospital and I stayed there like a week Lol... it was crazy really. I realized that most of the people who are suicidal or having weird thoughts are close to awakening but they have no one who can channel what they are experiencing. IMO. If I didn't have any previous experience of meditation or espiritual background as I had maybe I would have ended in that hospital for the rest of my life with a straight jacket hehehehe...

The only way that you can pass through those experiences IMO is just to focus on awareness and forget what the mind is doing, let the mind do whatever it wants, just be the observer of it... don't try to use reason, that's the trap.

And don't forget that it doesn't matter what it happens in your mind, it will pass... but you will be always aware of everything that is happening. The only thing is that is not happening to the real YOU.

:-)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Ye resting in awareness works..

Thing seems overwhelming until it doesn't.

But no free will is the nail on the head to learn to kill the ego, i couldn't accept it at first, but it makes perfect sense when you think about and it helps with shame and fear, acceptance.

Because you didn't create life, and you are the product of everything.

Ye, we seem to make own human decisions, but it doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Maybe not nice to hear at first, but it should help eventually, and the ego likes to deny it I guess, so is life.

Be well

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

But no free will is the nail on the head to learn to kill the ego, i couldn't accept it at first, but it makes perfect sense when you think about and it helps with shame and fear, acceptance.

This is Key to liberation, maybe that's what I still need to be completely "free"... of ego...

:-P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16