Kshantivadin

Left my toxic family home, and living alone. How the fuck do I cover the costs?

11 posts in this topic

I'm feeling kind of insecure and fearful because I haven't secured my basic existence yet. The expenses are small but still, I have 0 income which means I'm living from savings.

I tried landing some freelance gigs but I haven't got any yet (I used to make some decent cash from it in 2018).

I'm 20 years old and I'm 2nd year of psychology studies.

My monthly expenses can actually be covered with a minimum wage 6 hour / 4 days job lol, even though I'm not entirely minimalist. I feel optimistic because of that, but I don't want to go the wage slave route. I have no fucking clue as to what to do. I took the hardest step which is saying "fuck you" to my mother and my brother. Now I would need to just start earning any cash in any way, so I can feel more grounded and independent. I've lived from my savings for too long, it was great but now it's time to make some money, I feel way too existentially insecure.

It can be risky to go full business (freelance is a business) right off the bat as you don't have marketing\business and probably marketable skills to do it properly.
I suggest good solution would be to just take a part time job and work on your marketable skills + business skills on your spare time to slowly graduate to being self-employed.

You will be much more hungry for success if you are willing to go all out. I turned my reselling business full time by being willing to go 60-80 hours a week right into the start of it. You should be careful on what you decide to go into though as well. Make sure that it is something that you will want to be willing to do at least until you are done with your studies if not longer.

What do you enjoy to do? What are you good at? What do you get paid to do? What does the world need? 

I find that you answer might be within these questions possibly. If you like you can message me an I could help you generate a few ideas to make some money. However, I ask that you at least spend some time into finding the answers to the questions above. 

On 5. 2. 2020 at 10:26 AM, Kshantivadin said:

I tried landing some freelance gigs but I haven't got any yet...

Now I would need to just start earning any cash in any way, so I can feel more grounded and independent.

Seems like you do need to take a job then. Just pick something that will give you some useful experience. Finish your studies. 

On 2/5/2020 at 1:26 AM, Kshantivadin said:

I'm feeling kind of insecure and fearful because I haven't secured my basic existence yet. The expenses are small but still, I have 0 income which means I'm living from savings.

I tried landing some freelance gigs but I haven't got any yet (I used to make some decent cash from it in 2018).

I'm 20 years old and I'm 2nd year of psychology studies.

My monthly expenses can actually be covered with a minimum wage 6 hour / 4 days job lol, even though I'm not entirely minimalist. I feel optimistic because of that, but I don't want to go the wage slave route. I have no fucking clue as to what to do. I took the hardest step which is saying "fuck you" to my mother and my brother. Now I would need to just start earning any cash in any way, so I can feel more grounded and independent. I've lived from my savings for too long, it was great but now it's time to make some money, I feel way too existentially insecure.

You know it's rough because I certainly don't want to be the type of person that says "play it safe, and find a job" but.. In your situation, with your age and current experience in life it may be in your best interest to do so.  I had to work for several years pouring concrete (still do sometimes), to get the capital together to venture off on to my own.  If I was your age, I would also definitely set aside time daily to work on yourself.  Leo has AMAZING videos an insight into the journey of self awareness.   Best of luck, keep us updated.  Stay out of self-pity and resentment and worry if at all possible.  They don't help.

8 hours ago, Yonkon said:

How long can you live on your savings max?

I would say 1.5 years max. More if I learn how to spend less ( I'm good at saving and have little desire for expensive things, but pennies and cents go here and there and it really adds up). Also more if I cut my spendings (I pay rent)

8 hours ago, Robert Leavitt said:

You know it's rough because I certainly don't want to be the type of person that says "play it safe, and find a job" but.. In your situation, with your age and current experience in life it may be in your best interest to do so.  I had to work for several years pouring concrete (still do sometimes), to get the capital together to venture off on to my own.  If I was your age, I would also definitely set aside time daily to work on yourself.  Leo has AMAZING videos an insight into the journey of self awareness.   Best of luck, keep us updated.  Stay out of self-pity and resentment and worry if at all possible.  They don't help.

I have a limiting belief that I'm not worthy enough or that people won't like me. I mention this because this is my reaction to your post. It's weird and I don't know the cause because I have more self-confidence than anyone I know, but my self-worth is really low. I literally can't accept your "best of luck, keep us updated".

I think I'll start a journal on here, since my true life started now. I did the gross personal development, put a good foundation already since I've been listening to Leo since 2016 now. I need to fix some of my bad habits, some bad "traits", some limiting beliefs, and then I'm pretty much left with an awesome foundation for an awesome personal development life. I'll go and write in my journal now which things need to be fixed.

9 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

@Robert Leavitt Seems like you do need to take a job then. Just pick something that will give you some useful experience. Finish your studies. 

@Elisabeth I'm leaning towards maintaining a quiet café

.@Yonkon

Upwork (freelancing), fiverr(freelancing), online arbitrage, garage sale reselling are some easyish options 

Imo with fulltime work, anyone can do 6 figures in a year if they have the proper vision 

Edited by d0ornokey

On 5-2-2020 at 10:26 AM, Kshantivadin said:

tried landing some freelance gigs but I haven't got any yet (I used to make some decent cash from it in 2018).

I bet you didn't try hard enough.

Did you apply to 100 gigs?

Do you have an awesome portfolio and profile?

Do you work at it every day?

You have a way to make money from freelancing, that's great! Don't half-ass it now. Go all out.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/