Preetom

Happiness is NOT your nature. A message for those in pain.

33 posts in this topic

Deep down if you are in any sort of pain, be it physical, emotional or existential and overall feel tired and overwhelmed by this 'high maintenance' life we live nowadays; I invite you to ponder over this message below.

For the sake of this contemplation, can you please let go of all ideas such as love, bliss, security, well being, happiness etc? Aka all the goodies you ever searched for. If you are hurt or dissatisfied now, you've already failed right? Or at least you think you or someone/somebody outside of you(including god) have failed or did something wrong.

Have you started seeing the futility of this grand, bottomless project of trying to make yourself happy and secured? Has it worked? Are you completely at ease, bliss, secured, without fear and anxiety? If not, what's the percentage of progress you made in this grand project over your 10-20-30-40-50 years of lifetime? Do you see the impossibility of this game which is rigged against you?

Why do you even try? Why do you still believe you can make yourself happy, secured, fulfilled permanently? Why not simply acknowledge and accept the utter fragility of yourself?

Happiness and wellbeing is NOT your nature or something you deserve. When did you buy into this bullshit story? Have you lost your mind? Just look at you!

If you were a Greek god with a lifetime of 10 billion years, who knows no physical or mental exhaustion, who possesses immense prowess and can survive even a planetary destruction; it would be rational to claim that such a being has legit high chance of deserving and claiming happiness, well being and permanent security.

On the other hand look at you! How fragile and vulnerable you are! It takes a zillion things in proper place in your environment and psycholology to make a moment of respite for you while a minor little thing like a virus, temperature, gravity, accident, discomforting thought, tough emotion can legit screw you over. It takes like 15-20 years of healthy childhood, education and environment to have a decent, high esteemed self, while only one traumatic event or imagination can plant a deep imprint in you and screw you over badly for life!

Can you simply let go and accept your vulnerability? Can you let go of this impossible project and assumption that you can actually secure yourself? Can you totally accept your fate for having pain, grief, fear, depression as your usual and natural condition and simply stop trying to make it otherwise? Just look at you trying so hard to build and maintain your sand castles in midst of a gigantic Tsunami. See how easy it is to disturb you and your fickle boundaries..

What happens if you simply give up on chasing this impossible dream? You are already bound to be screwed, right? How worse can it be? Maybe a new dimension will open up if you simply give up and accept your fate?

I leave you with this message.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

In lacanian theory there exists this virtual thing called object petit a and it is the thing people want the most and are always chasing but will never get. Being unable to get it is called the human condition, those who try to get too close to it have to sacrifice a lot of things and go on the madness scale, and by fixing this connection to a normal standard they help the person suffering. People are not chasing concepts or anything material they are always chasing a feeling or control over them.  Ultimately they want this virtual impossible concept to appear like a external source to them in their mind, this way they have control over their feelings. Everyone is a slave to a certain emotional state some healthy some not and are doing what it demands. Is it the feeling when you are high on psychedelics which allows your concepts to be true, or maybe the natural state where your grandiose concepts are just a delusion and not your concern and so you're excused, whatever the case your a slave to that emotional state, you're a human. 

And yet we still desire more. infinity is in our nature, have fun trying remove it, impossible. You have made a astute observation though, but  as far as i can tell you've only finished one half of the puzzle. Can you accept that your vulnerability as well as your ravenous hunger for growth and expansion? You are not the thing which grows, you are growth itself. The example of the greek god with little struggle is gray and tepid while the astonishing act of us creatures, self aware of our fragile vulnerable nature, who never the less put one foot in front of the other is of a riveting terrifying beauty, a work of glorious art by a infinite creation. So marvel and walk a little further, I mean what else better do you have to do? haha   

Edited by enderx7

24 minutes ago, Llight said:

In lacanian theory there exists this virtual thing called object petit a and it is the thing people want the most and are always chasing but will never get. Being unable to get it is called the human condition, those who try to get too close to it have to sacrifice a lot of things and go on the madness scale, and by fixing this connection to a normal standard they help the person suffering. People are not chasing concepts or anything material they are always chasing a feeling or control over them.  Ultimately they want this virtual impossible concept to appear like a external source to them in their mind, this way they have control over their feelings. Everyone is a slave to a certain emotional state some healthy some not and are doing what it demands. Is it the feeling when you are high on psychedelics which allows your concepts to be true, or maybe the natural state where your grandiose concepts are just a delusion and not your concern and so you're excused, whatever the case your a slave to that emotional state, you're a human. 

Word

Thanks for sharing this perspective.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

...and someone just called me a nihilist...hahaha.

Yet, even with the tsunami in and around my experience I still have liberation from self suffering and with that there is a well being that transcends it all.... you can, too.

27 minutes ago, SOUL said:

...and someone just called me a nihilist...hahaha.

Yet, even with the tsunami in and around my experience I still have liberation from self suffering and with that there is a well being that transcends it all.... you can, too.

Haha thats a new topic for another day xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Funny, but I can see how it would go in full circle, you do this , then after time your ego gets engraved in it as belief that you can't do nothing, you are to fragile and so on, ego is like virus that constantly mutates, does not matter how much you train him! :D 

Teaching is good though, but it is not ultimately true , or false. 

@Preetom Well said. Stop fighting whatever experience you're having. Stop chasing happiness and relief. Let the pain come forward.

<3

Pretty solid write, I was kinda hoping it would end up on a more "positive" note.. it does feel like its missing something at the end. 

well, maybe the question is... is there any such thing as happiness beyond a chemical reaction? (which is basically an illusion, even materialists shouldn't deny that)

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Preetom thank you. a good post. made me want to find a certain quote again that I once read. this is the quote:

"In our situation we only need an explanation of the realm of this world, which is the place of responsibility, trial, and works."

"Know that since God created human beings and brought them out of nothingness into existence, they have not stopped being travelers. They have no resting place from their journey except in the Garden or the Fire, and each Garden and Fire is in accordance with the measure of its people. Every rational person must know that the journey is based upon toil and the hardships of life, on afflictions and tests and the acceptance of dangers and very great terrors. It is not possible for the traveler to find in this journey unimpaired comfort, security, or bliss. For waters are variously flavored and weather changes, and the character of the people at every place where one stops differs from the character at the next. The traveler needs to learn what is useful from each situation. He is the companion of the each one for night or an hour, and then departs. How could these be reasonably expected by someone in this condition?”

"We have not mentioned this to answer the people fond of comfort in this world, who strive for it and are devoted to the collection of worldly rubble. We do not occupy ourselves with or turn our attention to those engaged in this petty and contemptible activity. But we mention it as counsel to whoever wishes to hasten the bliss of contemplation in other than its given realm, and to hasten the state of annihilation elsewhere than in its native place, and who desire absorption in the real by means of fana', obliteration from the worlds." 

"The masters among us are scornful of this ambition because it is a waste of time and a loss of true rank, and associates the realm with that which is unsuitable to it."

-Ibn al Arabi

19 hours ago, Preetom said:

What happens if you simply give up on chasing this impossible dream? You are already bound to be screwed, right? How worse can it be? Maybe a new dimension will open up if you simply give up and accept your fate?

You find true happiness.

7 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

well, maybe the question is... is there any such thing as happiness beyond a chemical reaction? (which is basically an illusion, even materialists shouldn't deny that)

This brings up the materialism vs consciousness debate all over again.

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Okay, but what is happiness?

Inquire! The good news is there is a possibility that you'll realize the nature of self, consciousness, happiness all at once.

8 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Pretty solid write, I was kinda hoping it would end up on a more "positive" note.. it does feel like its missing something at the end. 

Exactly my point, how no one can seek anything other than relief :D

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom ok well then.... Happiness is a concept. Many are searching for it but are actually searching for a twisted deluded concept of it.  If there is happiness, it is the ubburdened freedom and joy of a child at play.  And we are all a bunch of children playing adults. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Preetom ok well then.... Happiness is a concept. Many are searching for it but are actually searching for a twisted deluded concept of it.  If there is happiness, it is the ubburdened freedom and joy of a child at play.  And we are all a bunch of children playing adults. 

I'd question even that.

Basically the twisted irony is, you are forever deprived of happiness once you form an image or idea of happiness.

Exactly like how you lose yourself and devolve into a finite , fickle being the moment an idea or image of you is formed (aka the birth of an ego)

The imaginary birth of this ego marks the start of this impossible dream of irresistable chasing of infinity and happiness while never actually tasting it.

The ego wants to devolve infinity and happiness into a form, just like it views itself as a form. A fool's errand.

And thus the nigga cries out "Why can't I get no satisfaction???" ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

If there is happiness, it is the ubburdened freedom and joy of a child at play. 

I think that would get boring in the end because child's play is play in which there is no consequence. I would say that deep down one wants one's actions to have consequences and to take responsibility for them. that's where happiness or at least meaning is. and to the degree that we reject that responsibility we are not an adult and are not fulfilled (and 'fulfillment' is deeper than any 'happiness').

What about inspiration, passion, gratitude, peace, love, joy, awe, appreciation, connection. Are any of these happiness, are any of them not? 

There's conscious connection and acceptance with Self, all states that feel good are forms of connection. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

58 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What about inspiration, passion, gratitude, peace, love, joy, awe, appreciation, connection. Are any of these happiness, are any of them not? 

These are simply brief respite/pauses in the constant static of suffering and pain of bearing the burden of being embodied.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''