PenguinPablo

A warning to those trying to reach enlightenment through psychedelics.

49 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, student said:

You can't know spirituality without knowing your journey.

Taking psychedelics is of course part of the journey of the one who takes it. How it will unfold, will it lead to ultimate enlightenment? What is the intention behind taking psychedelics?

Everyone has their path. Many people can speak wisdom, but the "ultimate" are they still after it? And what is that anyway?

Everything needs to be surrendered and vanished. Everything that has to do with a self, with a reality, with a personality.

You take psychedelics because? You wanna escape something, discover, know, understand, or it is for wisdom? It can be healing. But that doesn't have anything to do with that which is above all.

Blabbering wisdom is the same as blabbering nonsense. One should go for the ultimate. If psychedelics jumps in one's path, then it can only be followed.

Taking psychedelics may be a turning point in your life, a big eye opener. Even more than that. But it is just a part of your life's course.

that sounds very wise! if we realize we build an altar for it and replace what we learn on the path with worshipping what we think has brought us there, we deny who then really brings us anywhere, and what then really makes the difference. i struggled with the glorification and myth of party drugs or enlightenment drugs the longest. although i see that healing or spirituality altering techniques must always be seen from the bias of the person who uses them, what can be healing for one might be poison to another one. i see the same for, structure or rules or harsh situations, it always depends on holding a balance and really understanding what we use certain techniques for. i‘m not sure if i would use toilet paper to write a letter on it. it’s not really working that well for that kind of intention - even though in a certain occasion if there would not be anything else, of course together with a softer pen it could work - in some sense we always also need to know how to use a technology. although if there is no other option we might be happy to use whatever tool works in a certain circumstance. so psychedelics from a certain perspective really might seem much much worse than they are.

Edited by remember

@Raptorsin7 To discover myself.

@Chumbimba There is a journey to understanding that everything leads to now, no?  And there is value in that journey. 

I am not anti-psychedelics, I am open to the rationale that there is often more value in the journey.  

The analogy of resistance to innovation is accurate in many respects, but there are many facets of experience that it doesn't hold up.  Insert software engineer: "why actually spend time with your family and friends when you can just follow each others activities on instagram".  I don't think I need to explain why this is a fallacy and has negative consequences for the human condition.  

@exhale What I mean is the present moment is the only thing that exists. So whatever is RIGHT NOW is all that is true. So "The journey" is just a bunch of memories that you constructed and labeled it a spiritual journey. IM NOT saying that there is no work to do or don't do practices and you're already awakened there's nothing to do. All I am saying is everyone is trying to get to the same destination. Here and now. it really does not matter how or what method. Like if you want to get to Texas from Arizona, you can either drive or fly. It makes no difference because we are all going to end up in Texas, and when you get there you won't really think about how you go there as much as the fact that you made it safely to your destination.@PenguinPablo 

@Chumbimba well that’s not completely true - they say the way is the goal - and there is a reason why pilgrimages always have a part you must walk with your own feet. i doubt that taking a plane to santiago de compostella is the same as taking a pilgrimage... but well it’s all a matter of interpretation.

a pilgrimage from arizona to texas by foot is probably still another experience than taking jacobs path.

although if you would take a spiritual travel to the descendants of the great spirit - the path would not be much different. only the manifestation of what was or is holy would be.

Edited by remember

It seems to me people who are against psychedelics don’t acknowledge (or kbow) that there’s a shit tone of work outside od the psychedelic trips themselves. Embodiment and integration is critical to the psychedelic path but um... all of that work is done outside of tripping itself. 

There is wisdom in facing reality completely transform and disintegrate during a trip but facing the fear with love and acceptance. Part of why psychedelics are so effective is they force your fears into awareness, sometimes whether you’re ready or not.  

Recipe for this:

-1 Tsp Guilt

-2 Cups Subconscious Cultural Programming about "Drugs"

-3 Tbsp Fear

-A pinch of fundamentalist morality 

-1 Tsp God forgetting that he is God

Stir well, conceptually, to create a thick mixture of ideology 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@PenguinPablo

29 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Recipe for this:

-1 Tsp Guilt

-3 Tbsp Fear

This

Psychedelics themselves aren't enough anyway. They are supplements to your usual work. Take a psychedelic, have an awakening, and don't do anything regarding the path again. You'll go right back to usual life with any remaining insights being more distant or dull. 

Don't expect to take some 5-meo and be like "welp I'm done I'm enlightened permanently" no, you've just scratched the surface. 

2 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Recipe for this:

-1 Tsp Guilt

-3 Tbsp Fear

? so good 

you can also observe some of the people who are walking the mountain compare to some who took the helicopter and have some good insights on that

here i found some pilots

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Your technique will be bad. The gods will be displeased and not give you blessings.

LOL, so blunt. Thanks for making my day better.

@dvdas “it faded away after a few weeks” the guy said... why does it fade? Because he doesn’t understand the nature of reality, he has merely seen it. 

47 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

@dvdas “it faded away after a few weeks” the guy said... why does it fade? Because he doesn’t understand the nature of reality, he has merely seen it. 

Make sure you make the distinction between using psychedelics recreationally and as a deliberate spiritual practice. 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So then by this logic you should wipe your ass with your hands. Sure, you could use TP, but what have you sacrificed? Why are you deluding yourself out of desperation? Why don't you patiently wash the shit off your hands each time? This will toughen you up. It will make you a read man. What kind of Buddha are you if you cannot stand a bit of shit between your fingernails? Only a desperate and greedy person would seek a better way. It's bound to backfire. This is antithetical to being human. God wants you to wipe you ass with your hangs like the Buddha did. My guru wiped his ass with his hands therefore so should everyone else. For sure your knowledge of your ass will be tainted if you don't get the full experience of wiping it with your hands. You will not understand the ins and outs of ass-wiping fully. Your technique will be bad. The gods will be displeased and not give you blessings. The gods gave you two hands for a reason, one to eat your food and the other to wipe your ass.

I'm having some trouble integrating this teaching. Video on the topic soon?

On 2/4/2020 at 11:12 PM, Serotoninluv said:

In 300 years there will be a new method. Perhaps an AI Insta-Quant that has the power of 100 psychedelic trips. 

Some will say trying to attain states through a magic bullet like the Insta-Quant is bound to backfire since trying to expedite the process does not allow true wisdom. To learn the ins and outs of wisdom, someone should take the slow path of psychedelics over a year. Taking a year may seem like an eternity compared to the Insta-Quant, yet the slow path of psychedelics allows one to accumulate nuggets of wisdom as they trudge up to the mountain top. 

That is so good. :D

@PenguinPablo exactly, and I should add that i dont think its just the understanding, it's how much you embody and breathing the understanding, the profound silence that yogis and enlightened people radiate simply can't be compared to some peak experiences that fade away. 

Cheats and magic pills don't exist. Only different paths and gateways exist. Some are more direct than others. It's only when everyone's following the crowd and miss's the more direct pathways to truth, and you are more conscious and decide to take the more direct path that it makes it seem as though your cheating or using a magic pill. There's no difference between a magic pill path and regular path, just some are more direct than others. If every everyone wanted to they could stop following the crowd and use the easier pathway. 

Cars are a shortcut. My phone is a shortcut. Planes. It's just some paths are slightly more hidden under things like "social acceptance" or other things

@Aaron p Of course, everybody is different, we are just pointing the fact that it doesn't stay. And in terms of how long will it take for enlightenment to happen for good, is unknown, probably is not even a shortcut. how close are you to surrendering yourself after the trip wears off ?

cars of course are shortcuts. they can show you speed that alone could never reach, but they don't make you a good runner ;)

Edited by dvdas

10 hours ago, dvdas said:

@Aaron p Of course, everybody is different, we are just pointing the fact that it doesn't stay. And in terms of how long will it take for enlightenment to happen for good, is unknown, probably is not even a shortcut. how close are you to surrendering yourself after the trip wears off ?

cars of course are shortcuts. they can show you speed that alone could never reach, but they don't make you a good runner ;)

@dvdas fair play mate. I find psychedelics strike deep for short periods of time. As you have said...it doesn't stay. 

However, have you ever observed how a demolition of a wall can be conducted via strategic placement of small explosives into specific parts of the wall to compromise it's structural integrity and cause it to collapse. I feel as though psychedelics are like the little explosives. Place them correctly, and they may well compromise the structural integrity of the dream and cause it to collapse.

Edited by Aaron p

10 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

However, have you ever observed how a demolition of a wall can be conducted via strategic placement of small explosives into specific parts of the wall to compromise it's structural integrity and cause it to collapse. I feel as though psychedelics are like the little explosives. Place them correctly, and they may well compromise the structural integrity of the dream and cause it to collapse.

Wow what a great analogy ??