Leo Gura

Purging Bullshitters

123 posts in this topic

@SOUL Do not derail this thread further with this.

If you want agrue about paths start a new thread.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Lento said:

This is a sure thing, and I'm very thankful for that. I can't express how much gratitude I feel for this forum and for you guys. I understand the importance of all the regulation you do, and I hope I didn't sound like I'm criticising you or your efforts. You're all doing a great job here, and that's why me and many others are able to express our thoughts freely even though we don't completely agree with each other. 

Thank you for your critical feedback and kind words. It's good to hear people are benefiting from the forum. 

8 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@SOUL Seems you ignored my comment.

Which one? You projected quite a bit onto me so that I don't even really see any use to respond to them. If you see me as a nihilist from my words then I'm not sure I could change anything by addressing it.

Peace.

@Leo Gura point of this thread? it seems like just an announcement....probably worth locking as you like to do.

Be careful this could bring about a group of people who call themselves "the unbannables" but personally i'd like to put together a group and call them "the expandables" 9_9xD:D 

@SOUL  @Raptorsin7 I guess that's why I and many others need to do the 'work'. Let's not derail this thread more

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@SOUL Do not derail this thread further with this.

If you want agrue about paths start a new thread.

No arguments, just discussion but yea, ok.

Edited by SOUL

@Leo Gura Leo, I was wondering how do you find time to read so many comments? I know you have a team to help you, but how much of our comments do you read?  Seems like you reading a lot. Did you read all mine in the past?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@SOUL @Leo Gura @Serotoninluv

I 100% agree with Soul and understand what he is saying. I have also been saying this for the last few years regarding Leo - he is still in a trap of the ego where he believes more "work" needs to be done before he is "liberated or "enlightened", which can't be further from the truth. Chasing insights, and intellectual understanding is exactly what the ego desires, and it believes it will attain a salvation in the future moment - when "enough" work will get done, but that moment will never come.

For those conscious enough of this, can easily spot a lot of ego involved in latest Leo's "live awakening" videos as well. From my point of view - it was a big ego trip, covered by all of the things he was describing there.

If you want to take it further, there is a reason why LEO does not smoke 5-MEO, and prefers to rather have an intellectual understanding of his trip. Not even once out of all of his trips has he ever smoked 5-MEO. The next level of "awakening" will come for him, once he realize theres is no need to chase insights or to have intellectual understanding. 

Although we still love and respect Leo for all of his contributions, I do feel like we have outgrown that paradigm. I still return from time to time to check this forum, and mostly browse non "enlightenment" related sections.

It will be a real pity If LEO does decide to ban users for those that have a different and contradictory approach to his.

28 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Although we still love and respect Leo for all of his contributions, I do feel like we have outgrown that paradigm.

True. I feel like it is time for us, who are arround since 2015 or longer, to get active in the world. This forum population could be a network in the future. Like people one went to university once meet again years ago and help each other.

But it's his house and his rules. Sometimes you have very toxic people. You have to exclude them to make the network work in the long run

Edited by supremeyingyang

This forum is an echo chamber.  Sometimes the shit hits the fan. Then it trickles down on our heads and some might get something out of it.  Those who have ears let them hear.  In other words, sometimes the bullshit is a better teacher than the teachers. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@whoareyou

A key is: I'm not saying you are wrong. I am saying that is true and false. If someone can only see the truth in it, it is helpful to show the falsity in it. If someone can only see the falsity in it, it is helpful to show the truth in it. 

There is something underlying related to paradoxes. If a mind takes a position, it takes a view against not-that-position to maintain it's own position. This will contract the mind and prevent seeing a meta view of truths and falsities. . . . You can clearly see how the position you hold is true, no more "work" is needed. Can you also see how your position is false? This would require letting go and taking a meta view. One might call this realization a sudden realization that spontaneously appeared. Or, one might call this realization part of the "work". 

To relate this back to the original thread topic: an agenda of pushing dogmatic ideology is "work" in the opposite direction to the work that leads to transcendent awakenings and meta views. If one cannot see a meta view, they can only "criticize from below", they will not be able to "criticize from above" - yet the mind will resist this due to attachment/identification to a position. 

@whoareyou we are talking about newcomers to spirituality.   I can't speak for Leo but it seems fairly evident to me that he has died many times.  For him its not about awakening.  Far beyond.  Its about exploration -  as a scientist would explore the universe and find endless new things because its infinite.  There is infinite exploration into consciousness available.   So lets make sure we are all on the same page here.   These are two different things.

And of course one can have relative opinions on Consciousness exploration.  If you are awake and done - hey that's great.  But being awake myself i see no problem with someone continuing Consciousness exploration and being a Consciousness pioneer heheh.  Very few on the planet are awake right now relatively speaking, so this is new territory.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Are you talking about reincarnation? In terms of Leo dying many times? Like reborn as Leo this time but was someone else before? 

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

@Inliytened1 Are you talking about reincarnation? In terms of Leo dying many times? Like reborn as Leo this time but was someone else before? 

Death is imaginary so it is really just a shift in consciousness from form to formless.  So i mean a mystical non-dual state of consciousness is God mode.  There is only the Self so the avatar (finite form) is dead.    But when consciousness shifts back to the avatar it is like being reborn again  - yes.  That's why there is ego backlash and the like.  Leo has hit these states so many times there is probably no backlash for him at this point.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@whoareyou

A key is: I'm not saying you are wrong. I am saying that is true and false. If someone can only see the truth in it, it is helpful to show the falsity in it. If someone can only see the falsity in it, it is helpful to show the truth in it. 

There is something underlying related to paradoxes. If a mind takes a position, it takes a view against not-that-position to maintain it's own position. This will contract the mind and prevent seeing a meta view of truths and falsities. . . . You can clearly see how the position you hold is true, no more "work" is needed. Can you also see how your position is false? This would require letting go and taking a meta view. One might call this realization a sudden realization that spontaneously appeared. Or, one might call this realization part of the "work". 

To relate this back to the original thread topic: an agenda of pushing dogmatic ideology is "work" in the opposite direction to the work that leads to transcendent awakenings and meta views. If one cannot see a meta view, they can only "criticize from below", they will not be able to "criticize from above" - yet the mind will resist this due to attachment/identification to a position. 

You always love to intellectualize everything, and go very deep into abstract concepts. At times it ends up working very much against you - you end up over complicating simple things, and end up confusing yourself.

Try reading again what I said and seeing it for what it is.

The key is this: When you make enlightenment/liberation into a future goal - you will never get there. It is precisely what Leo has done, which is very evident by the content that he released plus his forum posts. I don't have any issues nor I am against of doing the "work". It's the place of where it is coming from. If you are doing the "work" to achieve an imaginary goal that doesn't exist in the future - then you will be trapped and end up suffering.

Since you love to go deep, take a look and maybe you can see why calling it "work" in the first place is very misleading. Work usually implies a chore or an action - which is usually being done for achieving a future goal.

Since Leo has always seen enlightenment/liberation as something to be attained in the future, he came up with the term "consciousness work". If you go further, you will be able to connect the dots and see some of the things that I and other people are pointing out.

The problem is that Leo took on a self-development approach to spirituality/liberation, which in here it doesn't work.

If you want to improve in business, and achieve great results, you can do so by doing more work. If you want to be better at a specific skill or any area - it can be improved. But this approach doesn't apply to liberation/enlightenment - you will continue to chase your own tail, thinking that you are getting somewhere. This is the reason why there are so many spiritual seekers who have been seeking for 10s of years without finding the gold that they are looking for. Some have even search their whole lives. The recent "live awakening" videos is a great example of this - just watch it very consciously and you will be able to see the ego overtaking the trip - thinking it has awakened, a sense of superiority, etc.

The issue here is with the approach, and not with the practices. It's a structure issue - and those that oppose his structure are a big threat to him. This is the reason why he banned people that promoted a different approach.

Edited by whoareyou

@whoareyou

I am not saying you are wrong. I am not disagreeing with you. 

If I was to create a panel discussion to express the truth within your position - you would be an awesome spokesperson for that. 

You are missing a meta view due to attachment/identification within your position. This creates a limited lens. There is something you are missing, yet will not be able to see it while immersed within a position. 

@Leo Gura mate, I am in a similar process. Its a disregard tactic. There's nothing much better than cutting ties IF value is not offered nor reciprocated.