Consilience

Going Super Saiyan – 2.4g Mushroom Trip Report

23 posts in this topic

Damn , pretty nice trip and integration, love the drawing, thanks for sharing mate! Keep it up.

4 hours ago, GabeN said:

Damn , pretty nice trip and integration, love the drawing, thanks for sharing mate! Keep it up.

Thank you. ??

I feel like I had a major realization about my psychedelic path that Ive yet to notice thus far. Maybe it’s because of the tools Im using (LSD and mushrooms)  not being as powerful as 5MeO or DPT however it seems to me that in these wildly altered states of consciousness not only am I able to gain insight, but what Ive noticed is that these insight’s transformative capabilities have been inconsistent to say the least. On the one hand, I am forever changed after as much tripping as Ive done. Ive felt oneness, love, truth, nothingness and consciousness in ways I never thought possible... Ive literally felt the love of god and infinity. It’s nut. But I still come down. The energy that is this ego/body/mind returns and a contracted self energy resurfaces. 

Yet in a sense... it doesn’t return. From a certain pov, I can walk around dead sober and slip back into what I can only describe as psychedelic states of consciousness. I can tear up on a train going home from work because of the empathy and compassion I feel for complete strangers, I can look nowhere and see how all of this is spontaneously coming from nowhere... but I still come back. Attention still “sticks” to the imagery and story of me, as if there’s true authentic legitimacy. I don’t feel enlightened and yet enlightenment never feels separate from who I am, what I am. 

So what are psychedelics really doing? It feels like they are pushing possibilities forward, they are pushing the boundary yet the boundary snaps back. The transformational process seems to certainly be occurring but it feels like it’s only being sustained because of how much other work Im doing besides psychedelics. I see possibilities, I go super saiyan, and come crashing into ego, only to finally see that this distinction between tripping and sobriety is utterly arbitrary. Psychedelics are a high, a state change in which truth seems to become so much clearer but more than that, they present a possibility for how life may be lived but these possibilities are as temporary as the altered state. Until the possibility is integrated through the slow transformation and evolution of this mind/body/ego system, it will be entirely fleeting. But until transformation is seen as 100% available right here right now, how can one hope to transform? Moreover, what does truth have to do with transformation? 

Sort of rambling at this point... essentially I feel these tools have so much to teach, but after this last trip, I feel the weight of responsibility of the integration/transformation work. The psychedelics don’t promise change, they can almost guarantee massive, powerful insight but even these insights aren’t enough to produce the changes in experience you’d expect from becoming conscious of certain facets of truth. Why is that so? I truly wonder. 

Habits that seem to help:

- 1 hour meditation per day following tmi system

- constant passive contemplation “who am I?” “What am I?”

- keeping my body healthy

- sleep

- no pmo

- using weed very sparingly 

- practicing metta 

- journaling

- watching actualized.org videos

- reading books 

- moving towards situations that create fear like approaching strangers or holding eye contact 

- following principles like keep going and patience etc. 

@Consilience Great share! I've never watched Dragon Ball though, so don't understand the comparison :)

The importance of patience cannot be overstated. And yet I forget about it all the time, so thanks for the reminder.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions