Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

277000 pages of bible is missing? can someone confirm this?

12 posts in this topic

I have met a spiritual healer here in the Philippines hmm a little backround to myself.. well i am finding people who are extraordinary.. and i am engaging myself to do what ever extraordinary that i will come across.. so this guy is a healer.. 

healer in a way he is saying the words it is like a speller? It is super complicated and all the knowledge he has came from his master and the master lend the 400 pages of missing bible pages damn!! I never knew it is possible 

what the fuck can someone confirm thhis and tell me something moreeeeee

There is not just one "Bible". Various Christian denominations have different sets of books that compose it and consider other non-canonical.
There is also a dispute over translations and some denominations are based on different readings of the Bible.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

There is a lot of texts from Judaic tradition and texts about the life of Jesus that didn't make it to the Holy Scripture. Bible is a curated selection of works, with duplicate or bothersome content removed. I don't know why are you so surprised by it, have you really believed it is the only valid version of the story given directly by God? Heh

I wouldn't call the other texts missing, though. They were left out deliberately, so it would be more appropriate to name them an alternative, or something.

@John Iverson The bible is not one homogeneous text, but thousands of pages written across centuries by different people. The "final version" we are familiar with is the result of centuries of filtering, sorting and suppression of the various other "pages". That is what the church did. Of course, based on the denomination, different books will be accepted. Evangelicals for example accept entirely different parts of the bible than Eastern Orthodox. I am sure amongst the "lost pages" there will be more occult and healing type of stuff, as well as more non-dual teachings. But I wouldn't stress too much on it. If it really has peaked your interest, by all means go for it, but you won't come different out in the end.  

well, consider all the wars, pillaging and genocides that have happened throughout all of history and then imagine what has been lost, that will blow your mind, then again all wisdom comes in cycle, there is nothing really new under the sun

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Remember, the Bible is only an encrypted book of clues for you to interpret via direct spiritual mystical insights

The Christian tradition is, convoluted, very layered, and gravely misunderstood.

If you venture deep enough, you'll not only realize the countless layers of misinterpretation upon misinterpretation within the symbol set, you'll even find various cultural, religious and historical fabrications and cover-ups of tremendous significance.

I'm purposely being vague here, because some of things I can potentially say will offend anyone raised in a Western household.

That's how grave the distortion is.

All that said, if you're interested in reading non-canonical Christian texts of contemplative significance, I would recommend reading the Gnostic gospels discovered in Nag Hammadi.

I would recommend a commentary on the Gospel of Thomas by OSHO.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:29 AM, Aaron p said:

Remember, the Bible is only an encrypted book of clues for you to interpret via direct spiritual mystical insights

Do you have or do you know a source? Or resources