Pilgrim

@Leo: Could you elaborate on karma, please? ?

20 posts in this topic

In your latest video you said that you now fully understand how karma works.. if I remember correctly you said karma is the "resistance to thoughts" or something alike. And you have to detangle your thoughts in order to resolve karma.. is that correct? I would be very curious to understand this better! Thanks in advance ✨

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You can think of karma as all the mental attachments of the mind which keep it constrained in its finite shape. By cutting each attachment the entire field of consciousness gets free and goes infinite and unbiased.

So, for example, if you believe that science is true, that's a big mental attachment which prevents your consciousness from realizing God. And you have 100s of such attachments. The most important attachments are not material objects, they are intellectual beliefs and stories. For example, the belief that you were born in a certain year at a certain place, that's another big chunk of your mental karma which makes it very difficult to realize God.

To full enter God-mode all that mental karma must be overcome in one way or another. Could be via a psychedelic or yoga or self-inquiry or whatever.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can think of karma as all the mental attachments of the mind which keep it constrained in its finite shape. By cutting each attachment the entire field of consciousness gets free and goes infinite and unbiased.

So, for example, if you believe that science is true, that's a big mental attachment which prevents your consciousness from realizing God. And you have 100s of such attachments. The most important attachments are not material objects, they are intellectual beliefs and stories. For example, the belief that you were born in a certain year at a certain place, that's another big chunk of your mental karma which makes it very difficult to realize God.

To full enter God-mode all that mental karma must be overcome in one way or another. Could be via a psychedelic or yoga or self-inquiry or whatever.

It sounds like the quote I like to use:

"The biggest obstacle to Discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"

Simply put if you think you already know the answer you won't be willing to accept the truth when you hear it.

It's related to the 'emptying your glass' statement. ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yes, but knowledge is just the start. It's basically your entire way of holding reality.

The way you hold reality becomes the obstacle to seeing reality in a totally unbiased way (Truth). How you hold reality IS your bias. To see how reality looks to the unbiased mind you must stop holding it any particular way, which is very difficult to do because that requires letting go of everything you consider to be real and important.

For example, are you willing to let go of your family? Your religion? Your science? Your personal life story? Your goals? Your beliefs about enlightenment? Your gender? The Earth? etc. It's hard for the mind to unsee those things.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@VeganAwake Yes, but knowledge is just the start. It's basically your entire way of holding reality.

The way you hold reality becomes the obstacle to seeing reality in a totally unbiased way (Truth). How you hold reality IS your bias. To see how reality looks to the unbiased mind you must stop holding it any particular way, which is very difficult to do because that requires letting go of everything you consider to be real and important.

For example, are you willing to let go of your family? Your religion? Your science? Your personal life story? Your goals? Your beliefs about enlightenment? Your gender? The Earth? etc. It's hard for the mind to unsee those things.

Unknowing comes to mind.

Looking at the world again with childlike wonder and curiosity.

With practice I've noticed the Mind slows down labeling and judging things when you don't pay it any attention. I like to use the mind now instead of it using me. 

At this point I am aware anytime I become identified with the mind it's pretty wild. The mind feels like a tool now that I can decide to use or not.

As humans we place a customized overlay according to our conditioning over reality. What we perceive as helpful is labeled good and what we perceive as unhelpful is labeled bad. 

If it's something that goes along or helps the story of me it's good.

But if somebody doesn't meditate do yoga, eat white rice or do what I think is good they're labeled as bad.

Looking at the world for the first time everytime. ?

Like abiding in unconditional love and forgiveness. ❤ like Jesus probably.

Edited by VeganAwake

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If awakening is not with the mind only, how do emotions affect or indicate karma? How about the differing ways we feel about everything that is the Self? For example loving our own family is a thought or a belief, and not the love itself. To the mind that is an agonizing problem, but focused love is like a beam of light, it itself illuminates what it is focused on, and never had the power to exclude anything from that love at all. 

Is it not feeling that is experienced that indicates what your karma is at any given moment? Can you say that karma is what blocks Self Love and feeling is the indicator of it? 

The mind can say that it sees, that it has let go of, but it's the knife, the focus, never the light itself. How can it unsee what it never actually saw? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw By "mind" I don't just mean a few thoughts or beliefs, I means your entire sense of reality. Of course this is deeply intertwined with your whole emotional system and even what you think of as your body.

Yes, karma is what stymies Self-Love. Karma is like the clouds that obscure the sun which always shines.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So, for example, if you believe that science is true, that's a big mental attachment which prevents your consciousness from realizing God.

So what would letting go of a belief that science is true look like? Is saying science is not true letting go of the belief? Or is that just another belief? 

@Leo Gura If we take it a step further into contemplating the nature of oneness and assume that karma itself is part of the greater light, is the actuality of karma a positive thing(love)? Is karma choices (consciously or unconsciously) that create the "character" that we are, all made out of love? Without those "filters" we would be blinded by the light, or not have eyes to see it at all. But because we don't see the actuality of karma, we own it, see it as a limitation and suffer for it. If you can love your karma (shine the light right on it) you transcend it. 

So for example if something crappy or odd happens to you, and you accept and love it and get curious about it, it might reveal how some defining event in the "past" created a belief out of fear. Then it was seen that love was actually there. But there can't be any complaints, resistance or believing in coincidence if this is going to happen. It requires a radical foundation of faith that everything is happening for you, is you, all out of love. Then the specifics of your karma can be revealed to you as such. Your most painful/embarrassing moments were all bizarrely manifested pointers or opportunities to wake up. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

So what would letting go of a belief that science is true look like? Is saying science is not true letting go of the belief? Or is that just another belief? 

No, it's not as simple as dropping one or two beliefs. It's all intertwined with your whole state of being. There is no clear or simple way to drop science because it forms the foundation of your sense of reality.

But if you take something like a psychedelic, you can see in one feel swoop how limited science is and see reality without it.

@mandyjw Karma is survival. It serves the role of keeping the self alive.

If you ever wonder why a thing exists, the answer, almost always, is survival.

@Leo Gura Where does the western way of looking of karma as a punishment system come from?

Is it because selfish aka "bad" acts like stealing or murder are ultimately done out of an illusion of seperation and therefore add to your karma and keep you stuck longer (even over multiple lifetimes).

1.Would you say this correct?

2. Would it then not be even the same or worse if you think about stealing someone but dont do it just because you fear punishment?

3. What if you dont steal because you are spiritual and believe we are all one but dont really have any experience of it so its just a mental model, would that add to karma? 

@Forrest Adkins It comes from ego and ignorance. It takes a lot of consciousness to be able to understand spiritual concepts accurately.

As the Buddha is said to have said: "You are not punished for your anger, you are punished by your anger."

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@mandyjw Karma is survival. It serves the role of keeping the self alive.

If you ever wonder why a thing exists, the answer, almost always, is survival.

Survival is just a rule that exists within imagination itself. Death is an illusion. The purpose of survival and karma itself has to be higher... love, creation and imagination. 

You can't bust through something by believing in it. The belief of survival has to be dropped/loved to clear karma. 

You keep reminding me that I'm a silly self in a story trying to survive. If you're afraid of having followers that fall into unconcious devilry for survival reasons, that's what you see and that's the story you write yourself into. I want you to write me back into paradise. This is what I came here for.

Edited by mandyjw

@Pilgrim Karma is like a string that you are being attached to totally unconsciously. You have some karma that you are attached to your mother, to your brother, friends etc. All the shit that you did being selfish, manipulative etc. If you hold any anger on someone that's your karma. If you think that you did something wrong to someone and got away with it you also create bad karma unconsciously, those are very small amounts of strings but later you just build up so much that you start to feel the entanglement of it, but don't understand what that is. You actually create the karma! That's a karmic attachment which is active and it leeches energy from you.

When you have some deep Enlightenment/Awakening experiences of who you are the mind breaks the illusion of the attached ego who created all that unconscious karma and it actually detaches from those strings in a second, all karma breaks! You feel such a powerful relief that you understand what karma actually is and you become aware of how much karma leeches from you. Like if the karma is some sort of prison that you break out from. You feel so relieved, so powerful. Also you become conscious that your created karma is leeching energy from OTHER people, and as you break off your own karma, you ACTUALLY can feel that other people are also free from it as well. It works both ways, if others have karma on you, you can break it for you and for them. Karma is kinda like a string of bad energy.

Also you can imagine karma as being a weight or a burden on your back, if you create it for yourself you actually burden others also.

I can't explain it very well im not a native English speaker.. Hope you can somewhat get the idea of how I see/understand karma.

Edited by inFlow
typos

Mahadev

On second thought, I think enlightenment and transcendence is the best possible way to survive. 

That's what survival is. "Jesus" "saves" after all. xD

Thinking about Eckhart Tolle's flower analogy and the awakening/true evolution of consciousness on the planet and how it fits in to the concept of survival. https://www.penguin.com/ajax/books/excerpt/9781101010891

The programmed limitations are transcendence itself. Brilliant. 

This is not the buddhist interpretation of Karma? Good attracts good, and bad attracts bad Good generates good and bad generates bad. Now Is it possible to fix the viscous circle by consciously trying to be selfless? Am I missing something or is the buddhist karma just wrong? After meditation on infinity I started to act more in a selfless manner, I don t know if I simply followed the buddhist path or if it is just a result of increased consciousness.

I however understand that a state of selflessness is also a state of not-knowing. Not-thinking. Not-rationalising.

4 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

This is not the buddhist interpretation of Karma? Good attracts good, and bad attracts bad Good generates good and bad generates bad. Now Is it possible to fix the viscous circle by consciously trying to be selfless? Am I missing something or is the buddhist karma just wrong? After meditation on infinity I started to act more in a selfless manner, I don t know if I simply followed the buddhist path or if it is just a result of increased consciousness.

I however understand that a state of selflessness is also a state of not-knowing. Not-thinking. Not-rationalising.

I am no expert in karma, but from what I understand any action generates karma, does not matter if you think it is good, or bad action. 

Edited by purerogue

Thanks so much for your answers, they make a lot of sense to me. 

On 2.2.2020 at 2:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

It comes from ego and ignorance. It takes a lot of consciousness to be able to understand spiritual concepts accurately.

As the Buddha is said to have said: "You are not punished for your anger, you are punished by your anger."

I see.. there is no objective right or wrong, so how could karma be a punishment.. but you'll experience the reaction to your action.. is that what is meant with punished by your anger? if all is one, it cycles back to me at some point.. but without judgement or for the need to learn a lesson.. it's just the natural consequence? So karma is neutral, it just comprises my personal bias. My bias might change according to my action.. but to be free of bias, I need to be free of action, which requires to be free of self. Karma is basically the very specific perspective that makes up who "I" am? No karma = no bias = no self. That's how I understand it now. 

How does the concept of soul and reincarnation then fit into karma? I studied the Michael teachings a bit.. it's quite interesting, I feel like the mentioned soul ages correspond to the SD stages. It rings somewhat true to me, but I never know what to make out of these channeled teachings. Could the "soul" or "essence" be a part of karma?