Rasheed

My Concern About Stage Red Rap Music...

39 posts in this topic

@cypres 

What about examples of low-conscious rap with explanation ?  What would make an interesting discussion.

That is one of the most trash rappers in can think of : Lil Peep. All about money and social media bullshit. Very materialistic and unhealthy

I’m pretty heavily yellow and thoroughly enjoy stage red music material.

I LOVE death metal/trap metal/emo rap/SoundCloud rappers etc. The subject matter is often death, drugs, killing, Satan, suicide, etc.

I find listening to this type of music while I train helps me to go “beast mode” and funnel that anger into a resourceful fuel for physical exercise.

And listening to depressive/emo rap helps me fully embody my sorrow. Which is wonderful because I was very emotionally numb/repressive for much of my life.

That being said, if you don’t listen to the music consciously and understand how it effects you, it could get ugly fast.

Music is tool and any tool can be used resourcefully or at the detriment of the user. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@supremeyingyang did u mean to say Lil Peep and post a video of Lil Pump? Lol. Two very different styles of rappers. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

5 hours ago, King Merk said:

@supremeyingyang did u mean to say Lil Peep and post a video of Lil Pump? Lol. Two very different styles of rappers. 

Yeah, so ? They are both very unhealthy, but Lil Peep has at least a lil bit of Soul. Lil Pump is pure trash. Change my mind

And I don't mean they are bad as a person, I mean it in terms of what there product does to the listener

Edited by supremeyingyang

It's a bit harder to find profundity in this style compared to others since it's not as obvious. But if you can see the profundity and beauty of all things, all stages, including all types of music, and you begin to love this music just as you love your own style, you will begin to appreciate the beauty of all creativity at once, and expand your joy of art as a whole tenfold.

Someone please make a deepfake video of Sadhguru rapping.

Want bitches, yes or no?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I know you are trolling, but rap is the art-form. Bitches, Money Phones (google it), Drugs & Violence is content. There are obviously uncountable other topics posible. I get the impression that many people in this thread are not even into hip hop at all and fight against their own cliches

Why ?

Conscious Rap for ya

''My mind is infinite, I think and grow rich....''

Personally i like Wiz Khalifa is pure stage orange motivation

''I got enough weed to last me for the rest of my motherf@cking life, we will never run out...''

Edited by Arcangelo
My mind is infinite

@Yog

I know when I was depressed, sad, lost and angry the music I listened to reflected that. I had come across some information that the quality of music we listen to can make us happy or sad. I started listening to happier music and I think it made me happier over time to be honest. Something uplifting everymorning instead of down dreary, or violent!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

"Human beings in a mob
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a God?
What's a God to a non-believer
Who don't believe in anything?" - No Church In The Wild by Jay Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, The-Dream 

Pretty good Rap lyrics!

I agree that most of rap is stage Red. I've worked with a lot of artists from different genres and backgrounds. I shoot live music videos and put on live events. Most musicians I know, rappers or not have a range of values. I don't think they know themselves that will. They display values from across the spiral both as individuals and the whole of who've I've worked with. I am longing for more music that points to God like Rumi.

Is stage red rap dangerous? I don't know. Though I do think we are in part what we consume. Every once in a while I like a good rap song! 

"Pull up like a demon on god, Lookin like I still do fraud, fly a private jet with the rod! - ZEZE by Kodak Black

(:

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Someone please make a deepfake video of Sadhguru rapping.

Want bitches, yes or no?

Hello?

I'm askin'!

Edited by Mondsee

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Want bitches, yes or no?

Bruh

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Rap is an art. I appreciate all rappers. Thing which I really don't like is this:

I like to listen to self help courses and videos, many-many times, like 10 times, to wire it in my subconscious...

Imagine now, some stage red person; stage blue kid; or stage orange dude; listening to the rap songs, hundreds of times?

It is making the paradigm lock, bigger, deeper and wider. 

Don't you see this issue?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Leo Gura Isn't it?

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Rasheed

On 2/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Rasheed said:

Rap is an art. I appreciate all rappers. Thing which I really don't like is this:

I like to listen to self help courses and videos, many-many times, like 10 times, to wire it in my subconscious...

Imagine now, some stage red person; stage blue kid; or stage orange dude; listening to the rap songs, hundreds of times?

It is making the paradigm lock, bigger, deeper and wider. 

Don't you see this issue?

Could rap as a global phenomenon have any strangeloop like qualities?

Also I am wary as calling rap red, when I think it  along the spectrum.

◭"89"

wanted to share this rap artist - this guy got a life purpose going on for real (his music is like medicine, helps deal with trauma which he went through himself)

something i do notice is that this guy, just like Leo's videos aren't as flashy, they more real, they actually are emotionally difficult to listen to compared to say someone just rapping bout sex.