Rasheed

My Concern About Stage Red Rap Music...

39 posts in this topic

I see, many people, teens, people in their 20s, listen to rap music, which is extremely low conscious. By 'rap music' I mean, guys rapping about drug, violence...Stage Red stuff, basically. 

For me, this is ridiculous. For few reasons...One reason, which always surprises me is that, stage blue conformists, average dudes listen to this stuff, and that really surprises me. It shows lot about their shadow. 

Second reason, why this concerns me is that, it must have an affect on subconscious mind, and human's behavior. I went and googled verses on most popular rap songs, and stuff this guys are talking about is extreme low consciousness. 

+ This dudes are earning money for this, because mainstream culture promotes this stuff 

+ Athletes promote these rappers and they listen to them. Which is even more low conscious.

• Do you guys, also see problem in rap music? 
  • Do you think it can have affect on our behavior?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Probably yes, let's not say all rap music but a lot of negative rap is promoted. Thing is people are going to go through this period, there's lots of negative content out there and eventually they'll go through it and get into something more conscious or maybe they won't. You won't really get anywhere telling people not to listen to something the best way is just to try and balance it out, either by creating positive content yourself or just being present in life 

11 minutes ago, Consept said:

Probably yes, let's not say all rap music but a lot of negative rap is promoted. Thing is people are going to go through this period, there's lots of negative content out there and eventually they'll go through it and get into something more conscious or maybe they won't. You won't really get anywhere telling people not to listen to something the best way is just to try and balance it out, either by creating positive content yourself or just being present in life 

Personally, I don't go tell people to turn off the rap music. I know, that will cause lot of resistance, so it won't work. 

In my opinion, it has a negative affect on people, even if person does not consciously listen to the every single word, subconscious is still 'getting the negative message'...

I am not saying all rap is bad. I am sure, there are more conscious rap songs. There are lot of low conscious music in mainstream culture, which is not rap, which I think will have same negative affect...

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

all they are doing is reflecting a facet of society that exists, you cant stop them from doing that, that would be censorship, is it a bad influence? probably, but our entire society has a low consciousness influence on us

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

all they are doing is reflecting a facet of society that exists, you cant stop them from doing that, that would be censorship, is it a bad influence? probably, but our entire society has a low consciousness influence on us

Yeah, censorship will backfire. We need to raise consciousness of society, so people transcend the rap music and lost desire for it. High conscious people probably won't have a desire to listen to these things unlike those who do. 

5 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Yeah, censorship will backfire. We need to raise consciousness of society, so people transcend the rap music and lost desire for it. High conscious people probably won't have a desire to listen to these things unlike those who do. 

As long as we have psychologically damaged people who are afraid and need to numb themselves with drugs and as long we have impoverished areas our art will reflect that, so we need to fix that first, but thats gonna take a hundred years i believe. The more we deny it the more it will show, we cant hide our shadows. I dont mind some low consciousness music sometimes for fun, i dont take it very seriously. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

22 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Exactly. 

It certainly can, depending on who is listening. But try to see it this way.

Music teaches you to work with energy, both express, accept it, move it, see the limits and lessons from it.

Imagine it this way. Lets take anger for an example, a common "negative" theme in red music. If you got angry lets say in some random daily situation, you would probably see it as something bad happening inside of you, something that should stop happening, or you might just unconsciously let it control you and rage around. You might not, but a teen will.

When you listen to music containing anger, you let the feeling flow freely, you are fine with it, you observe it and accept it, you see that this is something happening to other people and you bound based on these feelings, by accepting this feeling it feels good. No one listens to any kind of music in order to feel plain bad, no matter how dark the music gets. There is a transformative element to it. When the show ends people either want more, or at least exit the show joyful and smiling.

I have seen this to be quite true in 99% of the cases I've encountered, I am musician myself. One of the project I engage in is a stage red metal band.

You may be in a dark place, seeing all the shit in the world, watching shitty news, living in shitty place, having violence around you, these things can brake you and turn you into a lost cause. Music seems to feed into it, but it does not. It can appear to be that way in the beginning, but as you listen to it you'll get better.

It can be the spark of light in your world of darkness and as you fall, you'll descend towards the light.
I know 2 people that almost committed suicide, it was the darkest of music that stopped them and helped them keep it together. They listened to it for like half a day, every day.

its free... shadow work.

Also here are two neat quotes: :)

No tree is said to reach up to heaven unless its roots reach all the way to hell.
The amount of light one can create is proportionate to the darkness one is willing to confront.

Edited by Yog

10 minutes ago, Yog said:

It certainly can, depending on who is listening. But try to see it this way.

Music teaches you to work with energy, both express, accept it, move it, see the limits and lessons from it.

Imagine it this way. Lets take anger for an example, a common "negative" theme in red music. If you got angry lets say in some random daily situation, you would probably see it as something bad happening inside of you, something that should stop happening, or you might just unconsciously let it control you and rage around. You might not, but a teen will.

When you listen to music containing anger, you let the feeling flow freely, you are fine with it, you observe it and accept it, you see that this is something happening to other people and you bound based on these feelings, by accepting this feeling it feels good. No one listens to any kind of music in order to feel plain bad, no matter how dark the music gets. There is a transformative element to it. When the show ends people either want more, or at least exit the show joyful and smiling.

I have seen this to be quite true in 99% of the cases I've encountered, I am musician myself. One of the project I engage in is a stage red metal band.

You may be in a dark place, seeing all the shit in the world, watching shitty news, living in shitty place, having violence around you, these things can brake you and turn you into a lost cause. Music seems to feed into it, but it does not. It can appear to be that way in the beginning, but as you listen to it you'll get better.

It can be the spark of light in your world of darkness and as you fall, you'll be descending towards the light.
I know 2 people that almost committed suicide, it was the darkest of music that stopped them and helped them keep it together.

its free... shadow work.

Also here are two neat quotes: :)

No tree is said to reach up to heaven unless its roots reach all the way to hell.
The amount of light one can create is proportionate to the darkness one is willing to confront.

I understand your point!

Also, what I want to add: Some people use this kind of music for motivation, but I don't think that this is a good source for motivation. Good for short term. Not long term. That's for me is negative form of motivating...

"So, Anthony . . . tell us, what is your prediction for the music of the future?"

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I agree. Rap sometimes indicates aggressive cultures. Does that mean we should target it like circling vultures?  Stage red's a necessary level of development. Rhymes give poor kids a rare chance to be eloquent.

Every community has a type of music; maybe our immunity lies in how we use it. What should they listen to instead? Psychos turn on classic then go kick someone in the head. 

While we're here, can someone answer this as a favour: can a person go through red without culture influencing their behaviour?

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

these two brothers talk about disillusion.

their level of self-reflection is quite amazing i think.

there is no casting : everyone is included.

it's solid green to me :)

PNL is an UFO in the French rap scene with 1,380,252,966 views on Youtube #1 in multiple countries

Edited by Soulbass

9 hours ago, Dan502 said:

I agree. Rap sometimes indicates aggressive cultures. Does that mean we should target it like circling vultures?  Stage red's a necessary level of development. Rhymes give poor kids a rare chance to be eloquent.

Every community has a type of music; maybe our immunity lies in how we use it. What should they listen to instead? Psychos turn on classic then go kick someone in the head. 

While we're here, can someone answer this as a favour: can a person go through red without culture influencing their behaviour?

Culture is influencing stage red people, to be stage red but Also, it is not helping them to transcend that level. Stage Red rap will keep people stuck on same level of cognitive development.

17 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

these two brothers talk about disillusion.

their level of self-reflection is quite amazing i think.

there is no casting : everyone is included.

it's solid green to me :)

PNL is an UFO in the French rap scene with 1,380,252,966 views on Youtube #1 in multiple countries

Yeah, as I said, not all rap is bad. But most popular rap, and rappers, with billions of views are stage red...

It's just art. As someone above said, it just reflects a facet of society. Maybe for us it seems 'low consc', but for other people it reflects back their lives. And we need all stages.

It may be low conciousness, but at least some of it is authentic. I don't listen to many rappers, but Kendrick Lamars is pretty good, his album DAMN is raw. 

There is art in all levels of conciousness but you'll need a high level of conciousness to appreciate it all, in you whatever way that means for you. It depends on the relationship you hold to the music that determines it influence for you personally. Difference between getting negatively absorbed and positively absorbed by music. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

A lot of rap is also stage Orange, so it's not quite as bad as you think.

But yes, rap originates out of black hoods, which tend to have a lot of Red going on. Rap is a coping mechanism for dealing with the toxicity of Red. Would you rather have teens listening to rap or robbing 7-Elevens?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Aquarius well said, artists at all stages can be amazing.

Another example is UK comedian Ricky Gervias, a clear stage orange/green atheist, materialist but also has a big thing for human rights.

just because he’s not some enlightened guru doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate his art, same for all artists/ creators! That’s the joy of life! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I'm a great fan of Hip Hop. This is not Black or White. There is a lot of good rap out there, even about enlightenment :

To say Rap is dangerous is ignorant, there is a lot of diverse stuff. BUT there are legions of very toxic rappers nowadays who earn a lot of money. They rap about drugs and die typically from drug abuse like Lil  Peep or go into prison like Takeshi 69. These are a problem, yes. I don't listen to these type of music, although I hear some gangsta rap i claim that what I hear it has soul and a strive to actualize. For example Lil Bibby, who raps about exactly that violence, is NOT a person who glorifies it. I believe he is now out of the rap game to make it as a business person. Nipsey Hustle was into Green and tried to help his community for a decade before he was shot in front of one of his businesses by a ignorant youth or so.
There is a TV Show on Netflix there rappers buy random shit for lots of money to show off. This show is almost a who is who in terms of trash rap. Compare that to the Wu Tang Clan. These dudes are around since 1992 and look still healthy. Even Snoop Dogg developed into a green Person:

@SoothedByRain  lol, he was right.

Edited by supremeyingyang

Stage Orange/Green

https://genius.com/Rage-against-the-machine-people-of-the-sun-lyrics

https://genius.com/Rage-against-the-machine-down-rodeo-lyrics

---

Rage Against The Machine are coming back this year as a protest against Trump. No doubt they will be very vocal about supporting Bernie Sanders. 

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I have skipped on music for 16 days right now. I think it is quite powerful. There is some addicting traits to it as well.