Dumuzzi

Semen Retention

4 posts in this topic

A couple of people have already asked me about semen retention and I thought I would post the very simple technique by which it can be achieved, here:

There really isn't that much to it, it's a fairly simple technique that requires some practice. I did do a bit of Yoga beforehand, so I was more aware of my individual muscles and how to clench and release them than most people, I suppose.

The muscle you need to strengthen is the one responsible for holding urine back. You need to locate this and clench and hold it for as long as you can, then release it, repeatedly. You should do this several times a day until it gets strong enough to hold not only urine, but ejaculate back. At this point, when you get to the point of no return, in the few seconds before ejaculation, you need to clench this muscle as intensely as you can manage and hold it until the ejaculatory contractions end. Then, when you release it at first there might still be some semen seeping through, but with practice, you can have a completely dry orgasm. Usually, you will stay hard and can continue with intercourse, but second time round, you will last much longer and it will actually be quite hard for you to come, plus the erection seems to last a lot longer too. 

This also has the added benefit of providing all the energetic benefits of nofap, but you can still have sex as much as you want and experience dry orgasms, which is similar to the kind of non-ejaculatory orgasm women experience. I still recommend letting yourself ejaculate about once a week, it will provide most of the benefits, without any health concerns.

Just as a note, this technique is effective in combatting erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation and a low sex drive. Plus, the ladies really appreciate it, as you can imagine. The last time I practiced it, my gf at the time was able to orgasm several times, whilst I just kept going. Also, maybe it was my imagination and my girlfriend remarked on it too, but my manhood seemed larger and harder than usual, which was again much appreciated.

I don't practice semen retention any more as I have been completely celibate for years now and this is a low-level tantric practice for beginners, but it can have pretty positive side-effects quite apart from the spiritual benefits. My current practice is urdhvareta, a much more advanced tantric technique, whereby all sexual energies and seminal fluids are subsumed and transformed at the base of the spine and stream upwards into the spinal column and into the brain, on a continuous basis. For this to occur, a fully awakened Kundalini is a prerequisite. 

Agreed. I read about this in "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida. I flex this muscle often. probably 5+ times a day. My problem is that I forget to flex it sometimes.

As you practiced semen retention and sexual transmutation longer, were the changes that occurred for you to reach the point where you no longer had any more interest in sex or masturbating ever again?  Do you ever get wet dreams or other nocturnal emissions?

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

As you practiced semen retention and sexual transmutation longer, were the changes that occurred for you to reach the point where you no longer had any more interest in sex or masturbating ever again? 

Not exactly. The sex drive doesn't go away, it is only the energy generated by it (libido), which gets transmuted. When the Kundalini activates, if it is stuck at the second chakra and cannot get past, it causes insatiable sexual hunger and a lot of people who are at this level engage in promiscuity. But once the serpent moves past this centre, the sex drive gradually lessens, as it has an outlet, upwards. Once the Sahasrara (crown) is breached, the sexual energy exits the body at the top of the head. That is when the drinking of Soma takes over. It is not yet clear whether the Soma is generated by the genitals and pushed upwards into the brain, or whether it streams in from a higher dimension entering through the crown, or whether it is both and the two energies mix in some fashion. I'm inclined to believe it is the latter.

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

Do you ever get wet dreams or other nocturnal emissions?

No, not for the past 12-15 months.