Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mafortu

Is truth static?

5 posts in this topic

Take the following points:

a) Reality is ever-changing, ever growing, ever learning.

b) The passage of time only exists from the relativistic point of view.

c) The past, present and future exist simultaneously, they are absolute and eternal.

Does this all mean that in an absolute sense...  truth is static?
Hear me out here.
If the infinite encompass all possibilities, then it should find no need to grow or change into something else. Because it already was, is and will be.
In other words, as a perceiver of the relative I am watching a movie. But on the outmost level, I am a canvas.

Thoughts?

Before you reply, understand that I am not implying that staticity is a negative thing, or that it diminishes infinity somehow. Infinite is infinite and that is that.

It is far more radical than that.

Truth includes static and dynamic, and an infinite number of other possibilities.

It is Infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yeah both, you make a division in reality: static and dynamic. But what you divided is both. That's the property of identity/identification. Same truth-falsehood. See you say a word and ... :D  you cut the world in half. This division is just intelligence, "recognized patterns", the whole stays the same.

Your definition of truth is incomplete if it doesn't contain it's every relation. If I write 1+1, i wrote a relative truth, creating a relation, changing the (one) complete definition of truth which makes it dynamic. Or: Truth is relative to Now, and of course vice versa just with everything.

Edited by Litaken

Indeed, it is paradoxically both stillness and aliveness/dynamic.

Adyashanti described it perfectly:

"When you enter the stillness of the eternal now by letting go of the fictional me, you see that reality, enlightenment, or God is like a flame.  It's alive, ever moving, and ever dancing --- the flame is always here.  But the flame is impermanent.  There is nothing about a flame that is permanent, static, or stable.  If it were, it would be dead.  Reality is alive, ever on the move, like a flame that leaps up from the log into the air.  Truth is continuous movement.  This movement, this aliveness of Truth, is constant.  It never ceases.  It is timeless.  Impermanence is the only continuous thing, the only permanent thing."

Edited by robdl

2 hours ago, Mafortu said:

a) Reality is ever-changing, ever growing, ever learning.

In appearance / experientially. Has awareness ever changed at all?

b) The passage of time only exists from the relativistic point of view.

Therefore it is a thought. 

c) The past, present and future exist simultaneously, they are absolute and eternal.

Which is to say, they are the same / don’t exist at all. Also, a thought. 

Does this all mean that in an absolute sense...  truth is static?
Hear me out here.
If the infinite encompass all possibilities,

Did you directly experience that, or come to a conclusion (also, a thought)?  Is a “substance” which is potentiality the same as “all possibilities”? Perhaps what is directly experienced, is only that “if ”. That would be the potentiality pointed to, manifesting experientially / appearing finite (as a thought). 

then it (One) should  (the following implies not-One) find no need to grow or change into something else. Because it already was, is and will be.
In other words, as a perceiver of the relative I am watching a movie. But on the outmost level, I am a canvas.

What direct experience constitutes “a perceiver” ? 

Great contemplating. ?? Fun stuff. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE