Gneh Onebar

Psychics: real vs. fake

81 posts in this topic

Guys! Leo is deluded. He does not understand the relativity of his insights. They're only true to him, but they certainly can become true to you.

People on here seem to not be appreciating the difference between relative and absolute truth. 

You're not gonna get to absolute truth without meditation or yoga. Western science won't do that, and so won't chakras. The only thing that gets you there is direct experience.

So debating whether science will get you truth is stupid. Of course it won't, so won't chakras. 

But if you're talking about relative truth that's a whole new ball game. Western science can get you to relative truths if it's done right. If it's done correctly. 

Western science, when done properly, can explain and give insight to paranormal activity. There are theories, scientific explanations and formulas out there for paranormal activity, if you look. Rupert Sheldrake has made an entire scientific journal documenting them.

There are also some really deep, insightful theories on metaphysics: the chakra system, phenomenology, Hegel's theories, etc. 

I think we are conflating absolute and relative truths here.

Edited by electroBeam

5 hours ago, Farnaby said:

The day someone can reliably prove that magic exists, I will believe there are real psychics. 

Don’t “wait around” for someone else. Go an see. Try 5 - 10 psychics. Research to choose which ones. It’s both fun & eye opening. Try some Reiki, etc also. 

3 hours ago, Stakres said:

These are big claims. I would love to see the citations or supporting evidence for your statements.

You might be underestimating the subjectivity at hand. Truth is all things & all thoughts. The “evidence” and “counter evidence” is itself Truth. The appearance, taken at face value, is that convincing. Incredibly deeper probing is necessary. 

It would be great if you could contact a leading quantum physicist and tell him how you see the world.

It wouldn’t matter...it would be filtered through that person, so to speak. If that person takes appearance as the end all.....

Or write a paper on the topic explaining your view and submit it for peer-review.

..then they would reinforce their existing beliefs unknowingly, for lack of inspecting them. 

Other people in the field will review your work, test your hypotheses and comment on it.

Other people, the field, the review, the work, the test, the hypothesis, the comment....all The Truth, much like a car & house in a dream you have, appear to be a car & house...but when you wake up in the morning, it’s clear what they actually were...”dream”...Mind. 

Open mindedness can be aided by ‘the shoulders of giants’, but Truth “known” or “not”, is a one player game. No one can tell you, or prove it, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't know the answer, but this talk is relevant to the question and very interesting.

21 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I don't want to trash scientific design - I want to evolve and improve scientific design to higher levels such that it can actually observe and discover. 

you cannot call a poet a scientist. What you described would be regressive to the field of science. You can also read an article on karl popper, to understand why science is different from psuedoscience. 

Typically when an experiment fails to obtain the result that a scientist wants/desires (lets say for the advancement of his career) then the scientist might do one of two things : Modify the experiment, modify the theory/hypothesis. If none of the approaches work, its a null result, which can be difficult to publish (but steps are being taken to remove this problem). Sometimes a scientist modifies the experiment in such a way so as to create a self validating experiment. That is why old science is getting harder to replicate, they did not have tight controls and their old equipments sometimes gave erroneous readings. Science that cannot be replicated goes to trash. Whether it takes 10 years, 20 years, doesn't matter. If you do bad science, eventually you will get caught. This is why science works or is successful. Because sometimes things just happen by chance, sometimes these are weird things, and we explain these things as paranormal. Our brains are not hardwired for science, we are hardwired for intuitive thinking. Humans can see patterns everywhere. Science is just a way to make sure that the pattern we see actually exists.

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

On 30.1.2020 at 3:29 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

If you go to one that isn't helping, find another. Simple as that. 

Sounds good. ;) 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

On 30.1.2020 at 5:19 PM, Beginner Mind said:

I've had a few readings in my lifetime.  Some were good, others not so good.  I don't think I've ever dealt with an outright scam artist, but there have certainly been some who weren't good enough to justify charging for their services.  The bottom line is, there are definitely legit psychics in existence, and there are also bad/fake psychics in existence.

If you're looking for a recommendation, the last few years I've been speaking to one from Australia named Pam Bradbury.  When I first spoke to her on the phone, the first thing she said to me was, "I'm tapping into your energy at the moment... You are sitting at the back of your house right now, on the top floor, correct?"  Which was correct.  How the hell did she know that? 

Here's a video of Pam doing her thing:

That sounds convincing. Thx for the tip. I have actually found two psychics in Germany. They do skype sessions together. They told me something about a past life that touched me quite hard instantely. :) 

On 30.1.2020 at 5:43 PM, Pramit said:

simple: you can't. the whole thing is just people who can "resonate" with you. there is no objective or experimental way to distiguish that. So if you seek a psychic, and he/she helps you (doesn't matter weather its real or fake) , that's good for you :D

In the end that seems to be how it is. ;) 

Edited by Gneh Onebar

On 30.1.2020 at 6:48 PM, Treetalk said:

Are there any 'objective' facts, that could help to find real psychics or is it more about the gut feeling?

- go by word of mouth. Do your research. Don’t give anything away during the reading - the information that naturally comes to the psychic may be what you need to hear at the time. Don’t try to control the reading.  

What were your experiences with psychics like?

- very good. I believe they have healing powers. I have heard negative experiences from people too though. That’s why you need to be careful and pick wisely. 

Why did you consult them anyway? Could they help you?

- consult them if you are looking for guidance in your life - something more than you would get from a friend or therapist - if you are looking to heal on a spiritual level. A good psychic can sense your energy level and advise you on what you can do to change it, as well as giving you spookily accurate little facts about your life. Don’t become dependent on them though - you can harness your own intuition and should learn how to do so. 

How did you find them? - word of mouth

What sort of skills did they have? - the ability to tap into other energies/beings from other dimensions to download a stream of information about your level of consciousness, your past, present and  future. Your future is always changing though, depending on your energy level and how the energies of those around you is changing. A psychic reading is a snapshot of your life and future at a specific point in time. I wouldn’t give too much weight to predictions. Best of luck. 

Thank you for the infos. This reminds me of the talk I had wit two psychics via skype. They tapped into my Energy system and at the end of the session I was quite exhausted but felt at peace and liberated.

On 30.1.2020 at 9:14 PM, Ambalams said:

I have some pretty accurate psychic hits myself. I had an intense mystical experience/awakening this past April, and shit got real weird afterwards ? I imagined I was my husband and received some of his memories. Like snapshots, in a way. It helped him heal from his childhood trauma. It’s almost like I wanted to take it on myself. Feel what he felt. I heard someone’s thoughts before. My life is fuckin weird lol. And intense. Altho my consciousness hasn’t been as high as it was in April, it does elevate pretty high, and my intuition skyrockets with it. It’s not always fun either. Like my neighbors... when I’m up, I can feel their dysfunction. I feel sad for them and their kids, and the negativity makes me sink down. Then I bust my ass to elevate, get more psychic, pick up other ppls pain, back down again lol. It’s always cycling. 

Just bc you don’t have the experience of psychic phenomena doesn’t mean it’s fake. Even before my awakening, I relied on my intuition, especially at my job in a nursing home. When I thought about someone, I’d go check and 9 times out of 10, they were needing something. “I was just about to push the call button.” 

If you want to know if psychic abilities are real, cultivate your own. Acting on your own intuition is key. That way you don’t need an outside psychic. You have yourself. 

Interesting... does the other persons have to be neraby so that you can 'connect' with them? How do you practice psychic ablilities?

On 30.1.2020 at 11:00 PM, Adam M said:

I'm dating a girl who is a legit psychic. She does professional tarot readings. After months of skepticism and many card readings, I have confirmed in my own direct experience, beyond a shred of a doubt, that psychics are in fact real.

I've also had experiences with "fake psychics." These are the people who probably possess some form of psychic power but are too corrupted by ego. They can't help but scam you or tell you things that are meant to manipulate you into paying them thousands of dollars.

A good way that I distinguish between real vs fake psychics.

- find other reviews or ratings (like on yelp)

- follow your heart

- don't rely on a psychic to fix your life

- take everything that is said with a grain of salt... if something resonates, then it was meant for you, if nothing resonates, then it was not.

Cheers!

How exactly did you confirm her skills? Thanks for the tips.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, you have it precisely backwards.

Serious statistical studies have been conducted many times on paranormal phenomena by serious researchers, and the result is always the same: paranormal phenomena is proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

But you have not read these studies because they are rejected by gatekeepers of academia because in their paradigm the paranormal is impossible so all research which proves it must be false.

Science itself has proven the paranormal. This fact is simply denied and not advertized to you, so you don't know about it.

The problem here is that you speak surely of things you have not actually researched nor contemplated nor experienced. You are just spreading dogma without knowing what you are doing. You feel so certain, but you are actually wrong and you are too lazy and incurious to check that you are wrong.

So here we are.

In his book LSD and the mind of the universe Bache speaks about how science has evidence for past lives and reincarnation: "After years of study, I have come to accept reincarnation as a natural fact of life. I accept it not on the bias of faith but on the Basis of strong empirical evidence. […] The discovery of Children from around the world who have active memories of their most recent lives, memories that have been documented and verified through careful Research, stands as one of the great Achievements of our time. With decades of meticulous Research, Ian Stevenson, the Carlson Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia from 1967 to 2001, has proven beyond a reasonable doubt, I think, that reincarnation is simply true." (p 89)

@Joel3102 @Stakres

"Recent discoveries have suggested that an intriguing  hallucinogenic substance may be excreted by the peneal gland. If this a case then the body itself creates the neurochemical circumstances whereby consciousness can delve deeply into its own inner space and there encounter a reality wrapped within greater reality."

Making Sense of Near-death Experiences: A Handbook for Clinicians

Autors Mahendra Perera, Karuppiah Jagadheesan, Anthony Peake  p.113

Edited by tedens

On 1/30/2020 at 6:36 PM, Gneh Onebar said:

Here is the key question: How do you distinguish between real and fake psychics?

Here are some additional questions:

• Are there any 'objective' facts, that could help to find real psychics or is it more about the gut feeling?
  • Does this difference make sense at all?
  • What were your experiences with psychics like?
  • Why did you consult them anyway? Could they help you?
  • How did you find them?
  • What sort of skills did they have?

I talked with two psychics about my genetic disease a few days ago and will share my experience in the upcoming posts of my journal. ?

So my as of now , my journey starts of discovering extraordinary that is really happening and with the use of my zone of genius being able to see purity, here is what i can confirm... yes real psychics are happening.. they are fake if for example there is a healer here on the Philippines a different kind of healer , he is a speller healer.. so he cast a spell and higher self/ entites give you elements like for him lightning he used that to fight bad witches.. so i come to him and said can you please give me the experience of your power? So given my zone of genius and meditation while he was doing it yes you feel it the truth of his power i let him do it in my palm i cannot express it properly in english shit ? Sorry, ..and here is the thing so i that time when me and him were talking he have a patient that came so that time i watched him, he checked the patient's case by doing certain physical checking in his hands idk what is he looking maybe what i observe he is checking if the other hands is equal to other hands i don't know so he said mrs. your case is really physical ailment you must really look for a doctor and make a surgery all i can give you is help while the doctor is doing the job ... so he give him the water casted a spell... i was like, oh! So if the fake one , the fake one will say even it is physical ailments he will say yes yes!!!! Come here i am going to heal you , there is a witch that is doing you bad things! Something like that,,, he will lie if it is fake... imean it is not based on truth if he is lying then you can say that that is fake... you can really can confirm it that way.. if all he can do for example is always saying not really saying the truth .. if it is real he can say the truth like that is really physical ailment go to the doctor you need a surgery and meds.. see the difference? About his power you can also confirm that by trying to go to him and let him feel the sensation of truth, the experience.. the actuality..... 

this is based on my life purpose..

to see the purity and engage in actuality to overwhelm people from all extraordinary things that is really happening.....  just go to him and make you feel the truth... but you can read him if you can read a person.. you can read hin by just looking at him you can intuit if he is doing things based on truths.. but if your mind judge just go and experience it you will be overwhelmed..

If you have questions just let me know

i will give you videos for you to see the visuals.. haha sorry the language is Filipino but it will somehow help you, cuz you can see... you know what i mean..

here is the video of him doing his healing.. the client cannot walk, idk if fully or he needs assistance.. but watch this

And this video, this video is about this girl who is acting.. acting like he is being possessed but he is knowledgable about what he is doing.. you cannot do shit about people who knows the truth.. 

You can feel or see if he is genuine or not by watching this... that is the person i talked about earlier.. i meet him there and made me experience his power and i confirm yea he is legit...

if you want watch other videos of him on youtube... but hehe idk how you will understand really because it is not english... use your intuition.. ? 

Edited by John Iverson

@John Iverson  Thank you for your infos. I get what happens in the first video, but not really what is going on in the second. :) I saw the guy has a well vistited YouTube channel.

4 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

@John Iverson  Thank you for your infos. I get what happens in the first video, but not really what is going on in the second. :) I saw the guy has a well vistited YouTube channel.

The second video the Lady is acting like being possessed but a knowledgeable person you cannot make him stupid ? I confirmed even before i come to him to see if he is real from that video.. but still i am not just accepting the whole video so i come to him hehe.. 

Can someone point me to a real legitimate psychic that I can contact?

@wk197 It’d be anyone who isn’t holding (believing) your beliefs. You’ll experience “them knowing a higher truth”...but missing, they’re simply just not holding your belief.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE