Gneh Onebar

Psychics: real vs. fake

81 posts in this topic

Here is the key question: How do you distinguish between real and fake psychics?

Here are some additional questions:

• Are there any 'objective' facts, that could help to find real psychics or is it more about the gut feeling?
  • Does this difference make sense at all?
  • What were your experiences with psychics like?
  • Why did you consult them anyway? Could they help you?
  • How did you find them?
  • What sort of skills did they have?

I talked with two psychics about my genetic disease a few days ago and will share my experience in the upcoming posts of my journal. ?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

I've seen a few psychics. 

Two I think were not very good.

One seemed like the real deal.

31 minutes ago, herghly said:

I've seen a few psychics. 

Two I think were not very good.

One seemed like the real deal.

What exactly was the difference between them? 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

A fake psychic is like a glorified (and much cheaper) psychiatrist.  A real psychic is the same, but uses intuition to achieve this, cutting straighter to the core.  I wouldn't get so caught up on who is real or fake. Don't ask for questions about the future, or you will be disappointed by a real or fake psychic. Just seek how they can help you now.  If you go to one that isn't helping, find another. Simple as that. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

My mother and sisters swear to me they met real psychics, but when they tell me of the experiences it all spells like highly-intuitive psychiatrists to me. 

We really gotta stop obsessing over what's real and what's fake, and start intuiting what resonates. 

Would be nice to know if what youre resonating with is a lie or true.. no?

Pshycics are not real imo because james randi excists and he offers 1 million dollars if you can pass his test, wich slhould be done with 2 fingers in the nose if you can do what you claim.

The money has not been collected and hes about 85 or so and has devoted his entire life on this

Edited by Mattie

@Mattie its all a lie.  Psychics aren't trying to tell you how the universe works. They are interpreting. Some interpret better than others. Some are intentional scammers, like the tv evangelists. But even tv evangelism can spout things that resonate.  Let the message speak to you, or move on... 

I've had a few readings in my lifetime.  Some were good, others not so good.  I don't think I've ever dealt with an outright scam artist, but there have certainly been some who weren't good enough to justify charging for their services.  The bottom line is, there are definitely legit psychics in existence, and there are also bad/fake psychics in existence.

If you're looking for a recommendation, the last few years I've been speaking to one from Australia named Pam Bradbury.  When I first spoke to her on the phone, the first thing she said to me was, "I'm tapping into your energy at the moment... You are sitting at the back of your house right now, on the top floor, correct?"  Which was correct.  How the hell did she know that? 

Here's a video of Pam doing her thing:

Edited by Beginner Mind

47 minutes ago, Mattie said:

Would be nice to know if what youre resonating with is a lie or true.. no?

Pshycics are not real imo because james randi excists and he offers 1 million dollars if you can pass his test, wich slhould be done with 2 fingers in the nose if you can do what you claim.

The money has not been collected and hes about 85 or so and has devoted his entire life on this

This is dependent on the construct of what is "true", what counts as evidence and experimental design.

For example, I have done Zenner cards with students to explore paranormal abilities. There are both metaphysical and physical components. Scientists love to control the narrative of what is being tested for, how it should be tested and what counts as evidence. Since this is contracted within the scientific paradigm, interpretations, expectations and insights will be limited to the scientific paradigm. Scientific-based approaches have value, yet due to paradigm contraction will miss a lot. Unfortunately, most scientists are contracted within the scientific paradigm and are obsessed with controlling the narrative of what counts as real and unreal. . . It will take higher-conscious scientists to be aware of this. . . For example, most scientists are clueless about hyper empathy, energetics and intuition. They will process this through a logical, intellectual filter and will not understand the underlying ISness of hyper-empathy and intuition - and how it can influence happenings - and why it should be considered in experimental design and what counts as "evidence". This will remove a lot of logical bias. 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

For example, I have done Zenner cards with students to explore paranormal abilities. There are both metaphysical and physical components. Scientists love to control the narrative of what is being tested for, how it should be tested and what counts as evidence. Since this is contracted within the scientific paradigm, interpretations, expectations and insights will be limited to the scientific paradigm. Scientific-based approaches have value, yet due to paradigm contraction will miss a lot. Unfortunately, most scientists are contracted within the scientific paradigm and are obsessed with controlling the narrative of what counts as real and unreal. . . It will take higher-conscious scientists to be aware of this. . . For example, most scientists are clueless about hyper empathy, energetics and intuition. They will process this through a logical, intellectual filter and will not understand the underlying ISness of hyper-empathy and intuition - and how it can influence happenings - and why it should be considered in experimental design and what counts as "evidence". This will remove a lot of logical bias. 

on the surfce level ur right, the interpretation plays a big role, and scientists are ideally meant to actively be aware of it, and have tight controls and other measures to reduce it. However, just because the current scientific method has real problems, it doesn't make sense to deny science, or propose that alternative explanations are somehow valid. thats a leap of logic 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

6 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Here is the key question: How do you distinguish between real and fake psychics?

simple: you can't. the whole thing is just people who can "resonate" with you. there is no objective or experimental way to distiguish that. So if you seek a psychic, and he/she helps you (doesn't matter weather its real or fake) , that's good for you :D

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

Of course psychics are real.

The doubt itself is silly if you have sufficient experience working with them.

What's fake is the materialist denial of psychics. Materialism is a joke.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Are there any 'objective' facts, that could help to find real psychics or is it more about the gut feeling?

- go by word of mouth. Do your research. Don’t give anything away during the reading - the information that naturally comes to the psychic may be what you need to hear at the time. Don’t try to control the reading.  

What were your experiences with psychics like?

- very good. I believe they have healing powers. I have heard negative experiences from people too though. That’s why you need to be careful and pick wisely. 

Why did you consult them anyway? Could they help you?

- consult them if you are looking for guidance in your life - something more than you would get from a friend or therapist - if you are looking to heal on a spiritual level. A good psychic can sense your energy level and advise you on what you can do to change it, as well as giving you spookily accurate little facts about your life. Don’t become dependent on them though - you can harness your own intuition and should learn how to do so. 

How did you find them? - word of mouth

What sort of skills did they have? - the ability to tap into other energies/beings from other dimensions to download a stream of information about your level of consciousness, your past, present and  future. Your future is always changing though, depending on your energy level and how the energies of those around you is changing. A psychic reading is a snapshot of your life and future at a specific point in time. I wouldn’t give too much weight to predictions. Best of luck. 

James randi

Devoted his life in dealing with pshycics 

Edited by Mattie

Just go on Yelp.

You guys make this so hard when it is so easy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Pramit said:

However, just because the current scientific method has real problems, it doesn't make sense to deny science, or propose that alternative explanations are somehow valid. thats a leap of logic 

Of course. I am neither pro-science or anti-science. I am an integrated whole that includes science, yet is not limited to science.

If I was to do formal research on paranormal phenomena, my experimental design would include aspects of traditional science as well as other modalities. For example, if I was setting up an experiment, part of my consideration might be something like "does this experimental setup alter nonphysical energetics?" (like the stuff I'm actually testing for?!).

For example, a traditional scientific design to test for ESP through Zenner cards may have two people that have never met sit opposite of each other with a sheet between them, so they can't see each other. This is a biased setup, that is intentionally trying to be hyper-objective and physical. It is so biased it actually prevents the nonphysical paranormal it is investigating!!

For example, I tried Zenner cards with my students. I would randomly match up with someone and try to predict their card. To be even more objective, we didn't have eye contact (we don't want any "cheating" - you know like actual paranormal activity). This was conducted in a sterile laboratory setting. We already pre-determined what evidence would paranormal evidence would look like - it means that I would be able to predict their card correctly at a frequency statistically higher than random chance. After many attempts, I was unable to do so. . . So, now evidence of paranormal activity.

Yet this didn't sit well with me, because I have some sense of paranormal activity and this experimental design didn't seem to be picking it up. As a high conscious scientist - it is important to be open to new methods. . . A month later a student came to me and told me that she has paranormal abilities that she has never told anyone before, yet she heard I was open to testing. She said she felt resonance with me and I am the only professor she thinks she can do it with. We went to the lab and she said she wasn't feeling it there, only in my office. So we went to my office (notice the "unscientific" elements). . . As we started, that it began to appear. I went into a deep meditative state and shapes started appearing in my mind. It was like I was on a light trip, As each shape arose, there was an essence or feeling to it - yet it was cloudy. (science wants a clear yes/no). It was like I could sorta see/feel, yet at a low resolution. It was energetically exhausting.  I would go to the imagery, look at her and I would "sorta" know. I scored 80% with her - which has an extremely significant p-value in a T-test. And several of the one's I "missed", I sorta got right. . . For example, for one of them, an image of her lying in nature arose. There was a stream there, so I guessed the flowing water card. She showed me the star card. She told me that she was lying in nature looking at the stars. . . There is a paranormal energetics here, yet this card was "objectively" scored as a "miss" - yet what was actually missed in the scoring system was the actual underlying paranormal energy. We were actually on the same energetic frequency:  guessing the flowing water card is trivial. Yet it was scored as incorrect. As well, I was only able to do it with the right person (this one student) with resonance and in the right environment. 

I don't want to trash scientific design - I want to evolve and improve scientific design to higher levels such that it can actually observe and discover. 

1 hour ago, Mattie said:

James randi

I picture him moments after dying....”Ohhhhh...I was creating it. Makes total sense now.”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE