Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

A question about awareness of objects (including thoughts)

12 posts in this topic

My question is that for example when I am walking down the river, how is possible that objects like rocks (for example) exist.

I get that biological and quimical reactions had happened to stone and whatever, and that´s why rocks are there, but I am not so sure how is it possible that when I am not there, the universe is actually maintaining that rocks and making them "possible". Is because there is "awareness" to rocks?

But what about a thought?

The rocks arethe same as the thoughts that I am aware of lately. "My thoughts" are at the same distance as the one who is reading me right now or the rocks I´m talking about. 

It seems that objects arise when I AMness there. It´s difficult to maintain the belief that there´s something outside I AMness anymore. 

Sounds like solipsism 

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

1 minute ago, Primeval said:

Sounds like solipsism 

I´m just saying you are in I AMness. Is not You are in My world. It´s more like Me and you are in I AMness

Edited by Javfly33

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

My question is that for example when I am walking down the river, how is possible that objects like rocks (for example) exist.

I get that biological and quimical reactions had happened to stone and whatever, and that´s why rocks are there, but I am not so sure how is it possible that when I am not there, the universe is actually maintaining that rocks and making them "possible". Is because there is "awareness" to rocks?

The rocks arethe same as the thoughts that I am aware of lately. "My thoughts" are at the same distance as the one who is reading me right now or the rocks I´m talking about. 

It seems that objects arise when I AMness there. It´s difficult to maintain the belief that there´s something outside I AMness anymore. 

Notice how the mind is trying to make it possible.

There is another space to explore. . . Let go and see the impossible

10 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

There is another space to explore. . . Let go and see the impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I´m just saying you are in I AMness. Is not You are in My world. It´s more like Me and you are in I AMness

K, yeah here we are in this reality.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

There is another space to explore. . . Let go and see the impossible

@Serotoninluv It seems there´s a lot to explore but I keep trying to do it with the mind. I´m not used to explore in that way :D:o

57 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Serotoninluv It seems there´s a lot to explore but I keep trying to do it with the mind. I´m not used to explore in that way :D:o

You seem really close to another realization. . .The mind is assuming that objects exist.

There are different routes - the mind can create thoughts stories to figure out how it's possible for objects to exist. Or the realization that it's impossible for objects to exist. 

Your in an illusion. It feels real because of your ego. No ego equals no self then you reach the essence of your being. Your being is not the 5 senses

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You seem really close to another realization. . . The mind is assuming that objects exists.

There are two routes - the mind can create thoughts stories to figure out how it's possible for objects to exist. Or the realization that it's impossible for objects to exist. 

@SerotoninluvI might take another perspective, you might have a point.

Suddenly if I stop asking the mind and start listening to silence, it actually speaks more clear than the mind, something way way way more clear than all of this thoughts stories and twisted understandings starts to unfold. Although once I try to grasp it I lose it. I guess there´s no need to grasp it haha...

Thanks for your messages 9_9

The deeper question is "what is existence?". This can lead to the collapse of an existence vs. nonexistence duality.

One exercise to start blurring the lines of the duality. Start seeing the nonexistence in existence and the existence in nonexistence. Contemplate things that "sorta exist and sorta don't exist".

For example, does the color red exist? Sorta. . . Our visual cortex hallucinates a wavelength of light as red. Yet a dog will not hallucinate that red color. So, does the color red actually "exist". Kinda. . . 

16 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Serotoninluv

Although once I try to grasp it I lose it.

Super common. I can't tell you how many times a phenomena appears and as soon as I start thinking about it. . . it vanishes. 

50 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The mind is assuming that objects exists.

The mind is assuming "it" exists. Lol

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?