Yonkon

Purpose of QiGong

8 posts in this topic

I tested out a fair share of spiritual practices and qiqong seems to be the most suited for my personality so i want to commit. (I love to move and i can't sit still) 

But now a questioned entered my mind: Has qiqong the same purpose as sitting meditation or yoga? I want to become healthy in body and mind, calm my being and open my heart. Is QiGong the right practice for walking this path?  

Imagine that i commit to a life long mastery of Qiqong, where would this lead me, what will get out of the practice?

Another Question that is related: will all practices lead me to the same thing the one way or another?

I heard Mantak Chia describe qi qong as a way to create a certain energy vortex around yourself. You move in life more effortlessly, this energy carries you through life like a boat solving all the problems that you face. This energy also stays and protects you after your death when you leave your body. Plus it nurtures the soul. He says that soul needs food and that food is energy. So you learn to store and gather more energy inside you. And when the spirit grows, you are evolving and growing. Enlightenment is just a peak of human evolution actually.

Plus qi qong is a way to become present and mindful, to activate the energy channels, and to become one with nature. When you do qi qong day by day, slowly it integrates into your system so much that you start to move together and in harmony with life. You can develop moment to moment awareness by practicing qiqong of how to be in harmony with existence and many forces around you. He says you need to be centered, then path to self realization becomes effortless.  You find your balance but then life is pushing you around in so many ways. People can push you psychologicaly, emotionaly, physically etc. Many forces are working on you. By practicing qiqong you learn to be centered and in balance all the time. To feel and adjust to the needs of the moment. To always be in Tao like they say. Stay always in Tao until one day you become the Tao. Union with nature. Same as yoga basicly. And ye every path leads to this merging with nature at some point where you are not thinking how to live life, you are life itself.

There could be more benefits. I learned this information just by reading a tiny bit on this subject from Mantak Chia.

Good luck :)

Edited by Salvijus

I believe QI gong serves the same purpose as other spiritual practices.

I want to learn more about it too. Not sure how to go about learning by myself though.

How will you learn?

I guess it comes down to what you want to do and what resonates with you. If you want a nice practice and you feel a connection, sure go for it. But I wouldn't expect to make a lot of spiritual progress through it or get enlightened. There are so many spiritual practices out there, all of which work to some extent, few of which however are effective at going all the way. I mean take my local yoga school for example, these guys are pretty serious about yoga (so not your classic western yoga), they teach classic Ashtanga/Raja yoga, have done it for decades and have taken multiple trips to India. They talk about the absolute and vibrational energy all the time, but they have no insight or real understanding of it whatsoever. In fact they even discourage powerful kinds of yoga like Kundalini or Laya yoga, because they're dangerous (read: they could actually make a difference). But for these people yoga has been great in their life, they love it, it has made a huge relative difference to them, even if it will never make the absolute difference to them (i.e. becoming enlightened). I've also done Tai Chi, where the teaching is even more distorted. But again, for those people, who are undoubtedly less committed than my yoga school, it makes a serious difference as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should figure out what you really, really want. If Truth is all you want, QiGong probably would not be the right choice for you. But if your deepest passions lie elsewhere, say you would love to be a businessman, a healer or anything else, QiGong could be a great addition to that path. It's up to you!

Check out the book The Way of Qigong. Really good introduction and overview aswell as a practical manual. Just started exploring Qigong myself.

@Dutch guy  Have you seen other people making serious progress in this way? I mean aside from your own experience, what evidence is there for the success of this process? Not trying to hate, I just find it difficult to figure out which methods are the real deal and which talk a lot of nice words, whilst the methods go nowhere.

Edited by randomguy123

I feel Qi Gong and similar 'flow-like' dynamic practices, quite superior to Yoga and more stretch-based/static position practices.

B R E A T H E