Norn

The Grandmaster of Personal Productivity

24 posts in this topic

In my opinion this is one of Leo's most underrated video's:

In this video Leo introduces us to his personal knowledge management system. He closes by emphazising the importance of figuring the "how to build one for myself" part on our own. I agree that blindly copying someone else's system isn't an effective way of building one's Commonplace Book, but at the same time I wanted more information on the topic. So I did some searching and found someone truly remarkable. The guy's name is Tiago Forte and his speciality is "Building A Second Brain" (other phrase for Commonplace Book). Very yellow. He has an awesome blog, densly packed with goodness. Highly recommended for everyone trying to get the most out of their learning/ personal knowledge management! Great for building one's digital productivity infrastructure in general.

Here is a great post to start & gain an overview of his teachings: https://praxis.fortelabs.co/the-digital-productivity-pyramid/ 

LOL

I went to high school with Tiago!

Haven't heard of him since today.

He used to be super religious. Carried around a Bible and denied evolution. I was a super atheist. Now it seems the tables have turned.

:D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It was my debates with him about evolution and God which got me to start contemplating epistemology from which all of Actualized.org was spawned. By contemplating epistemology I got my philosophy degree in university.

After a debate with Tiago and his dumb Christian friends, I would come home and contemplate the nature of human knowledge. I was baffled how such people could be Christians and believe the Earth was 5000 years old. It made no sense to me back then.

I allude to this in one of my older videos on epistemology.

The Mechanics of Belief, or was it The Ultimate Model of Human Knowledge?

Can't recall.

I wonder if he's still a Christian?

I emailed him. We'll see what he says.

@Norn Thanks for the share. I had some pretty sweet realisations as to the importance of having a commonplace journal. Funny thing is is that I perceive it as an extension of my intelligence (similar to the "second brain wording"). It definitely is something very important, and good for you for spreading awareness. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura So did Tiago reply?

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Oh lol, I remember Leo talking about Tiago in one of the episodes. :D

This is really blowing my mind ?

Tiago and Leo are the two people that have had the biggest influence on my life up until this point. I am literally shaking with energy at this discovery. What were they putting in the water at that high school!?

He used to be super religious. Carried around a Bible and denied evolution. I was a super atheist. Now it seems the tables have turned.

@Leo Gura The tables haven't quite turned. I'm currently doing a course facilitated with Tiago which isn't focused on non-duality, but definitely touches on those aspects. It may be one of the best self-development products that I've invested in.

More than that it's all happened through zoom! It's completely changed what I think is possible from online education. Here's some more information about it.

https://fortelabs.co/blog/comparing-frameworks-for-self-development-a-conversation-with-joe-hudson/

I am so intensely curious about whether he replied to you. A collaboration between you guys is about as tantalising as it gets ?

@kosmo hey i'm super interested about your experience with Tiago's content. Is there anything that resonated with you that you don't mind sharing?

On 31/01/2020 at 3:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

Leo, do you have an update? 

I've started his course "Build a Second Brain", I love it so far. 

I had similar experiences with people and how the table can turn.

In Tate we trust