Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaceofawareness

Trying to observe the observer

54 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What's being explained is there is no my story and there is no your story,  it's just stories being shared with no one lol...

It's completely incomprehensible and wild...❤

You are believing that it's truth a story is shared with no one and is completely incomprehensible and wild.... this is in your imagination.

Edited by SOUL

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What's being explained is there is no my story and there is no your story,  it's just stories being shared with no one lol...

It's completely incomprehensible and wild...❤

I love this interview. Had a lot of fun watching it. It is really just this. So simple, so funny. There are no words for this.

Dṛg-Dṛsya-Viveka: wisdom of the seer and the seen

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/article/dṛg-dṛsya-viveka-wisdom-of-the-seer-and-the-seen

"When Awareness is realized to be the underling Reality behind all states, the world of objects are realized to be merely reflections of Awareness."

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

When getting lost in that which is seen, I've found a good question to ask is: "have I (the observer) been lost, or am I still here?" 

I've had Direct experiences revealing that there is no Observer big or small... nothing directing or dictating anything it's just simply Boundless Energy doing its thing... 

Crazy right this is Boundless Energy communicating to Boundless Energy....

Its 2 wild lol

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

You are believing that it's truth a story is shared with no one and is completely incomprehensible and wild.... this is in your imagination.

I've seen this before yes it's funny... it really shows how limited language is in explaining the nonduality communication. ❤ thanks for sharing

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

59 minutes ago, traveler said:

I love this interview. Had a lot of fun watching it. It is really just this. So simple, so funny. There are no words for this.

Yep you got it ❤..... it's always been in plane sight,  just overlooked.

Yes words simply cannot come close..

24 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/article/dṛg-dṛsya-viveka-wisdom-of-the-seer-and-the-seen

"When Awareness is realized to be the underling Reality behind all states, the world of objects are realized to be merely reflections of Awareness."

This was really ? ❤

Just now, VeganAwake said:

This was really ? ❤

?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I've had Direct experiences revealing that there is no Observer big or small... nothing directing or dictating anything it's just simply Boundless Energy doing its thing... 

Crazy right this is Boundless Energy communicating to Boundless Energy....

Its 2 wild lol

Can you tell more about this experience of yours, how did it happen , what happened? 

I've seen this before yes it's funny... it really shows how limited language is in explaining the nonduality communication. ❤ thanks for sharing

That and the enlightened ego. :D

The eye cannot see the eye.

Except with a mirrored reflection.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

2 hours ago, purerogue said:

Can you tell more about this experience of yours, how did it happen , what happened? 

You really should do your own investigation on this...❤

Our minds try to rationalize everything and make it appear as everything's in control...

There's nothing in control...

It's wild chaotic Boundless Energy...

But at the same time there's nothing special about it..

Its just WHAT IS ❤

2 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

That and the enlightened ego. :D

Yeah that poor guy has no game lol... the cartoon girl is kind of cute ?

@Serotoninluv thanks so much for this.

Its been happening on and off for maybe 4 months. When it first happened, it was this realisation of the voice in my head, but it felt like I was separate from it, and for some reason a name for this came, “the observer”. Over the course of a few days, it became more and more detached, to the point where like you describe, thoughts were like logs floating by. I also realised I could stop bad habits merely by observing them. I think this is where the issue of identification might have snuck in, as I came to feel identified with this observer state, however, with it came a feeling of vast inner spaciousness, calmness, and at times great joy and warmth for myself and others.

As you have mentioned, it comes and goes, for the first time, it stayed for maybe 2 months consistently, then I was back where I began but with the memory of this, and so I could still remain mindful, but not as easily as in this observer state, and not with such inner spaciousness and detachment. 

I came upon a few teachings, Krishnamurti was one which resonated with me, and in many of his talks on this observer he says, “the observer is the observed”. The more I looked into it, I found more sources which seemed to indicate the observer state is a possible dead end, and to not strive for this state, it seemed like it was, like you mentioned, another thing which has to be transcended.

So here I am. I find that I can enter this observer state if I remain mindful through my work day, it will increase its spaciousness and detachment over the course of a few days, but it also has a half life, and without constant maintenance it does decay. When I reach this state, maintaining mindfulness is nearly effortless due to the detachment and space. I tend to observe my thoughts and reactions, my body and senses as I work, any ego which stands out like a sore thumb.

9 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Thanks for this, it helps, although it is conceptual it still gave me a little more understanding of where I am at, which it seems is stuck in some reflection of awareness. It seems I need to focus more on awareness itself, or the nondual nature of objects.

You really should do your own investigation on this...❤

Our minds try to rationalize everything and make it appear as everything's in control...

There's nothing in control...

It's wild chaotic Boundless Energy...

But at the same time there's nothing special about it..

Its just WHAT IS ❤

Our mind can do whatever it wants, it can rationalize to be in control , or not to be in control,I understand where your notion of no control comes from, you have just made  belief and have taken it as strong truth that is unshakable,when you know nothing about your experience except your assumptions you made about it.

You have done nothing different from what you did before you started to do your practices, then you believed that you are human, now you  believe that you are just boundless energy that has no free will. 

1 hour ago, purerogue said:

Our mind can do whatever it wants, it can rationalize to be in control , or not to be in control,I understand where your notion of no control comes from, you have just made  belief and have taken it as strong truth that is unshakable,when you know nothing about your experience except your assumptions you made about it.

You have done nothing different from what you did before you started to do your practices, then you believed that you are human, now you  believe that you are just boundless energy that has no free will. 

I'm not as rigid in my beliefs as you probably think.

When I recognized there was no me inside the body controlling everything, I began to question if there was a controller at all... 

I'm not trying to convert anyone it just appears to be the case ❤

What do you think is going on?

Love itself is how you know you're observing the observer. When you feel love, congrats you've got it! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

42 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I'm not as rigid in my beliefs as you probably think.

When I recognized there was no me inside the body controlling everything, I began to question if there was a controller at all... 

I'm not trying to convert anyone it just appears to be the case ❤

What do you think is going on?

Give me few years and I will maybe know answer , mind is to huge, takes time to put peaces together, way to much going on.

I really do not want to go into details of why what you are thinking is true can be wrong, simplest things I can say you have your own belief of what it takes for there to be control, or what ME means, as you have this idea of ONE thing that has no parts, your own limited logic, experience does not work on our limited logic, we are here for a ride no matter what you believe, so it is all good. 

Edited by purerogue

The observer does not exist you cant pin point a observer because the observer it's only a mental construct idea.

Edited by Nevon